• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Adult Swim's Toonami Loses Rights to Run Inuyasha

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ronin2081

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:23 pm Reply with quote
#809816 wrote:
doomydoomdoom wrote:
Bawwww. Inuyasha was the anime that really turned me on to anime, the first one I was big into, a decade ago. Definitely like an old friend, I was kind of glad they kept it in reserve for all these years. Not that I was watching; mostly because I preferred the subtitled version. I did watch the last few episodes of the original run and watched reruns afterward for a couple of years. Haven't seen the whole thing or read the whole manga (aside from the last few chapters).

Not surprised they're not replacing it with another big new acquisition. I do hope one day they'll air The Final Act, it just seems anti-climatic as Hell that they haven't, before or after the Toonami revival.

It was the first show that introduced me to anime as well and I've been obsessing over it for years. I still watched it every week up until yesterday and I'm gonna miss it. They screwed up my ritual and I have no further use for them

If you are going to stop watching just because they lost the rights to a show that has been airing for over 10 years then let me be the first to say don't let the door hit you on the way out.
outlawwolf

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:26 pm Reply with quote
Jex2193 wrote:
Case Closed to replace it? Very Happy Lol jk like that's ever gonna happen.

Case closed could replace it. At that time slot it will probably get more ratings than it would if it were put up at 11pm or 12 am anyway.

Either way, I do hope that Toonami inevitably gets Inuyasha: Final Act. It's not impossible and it would be a great way to send the series off.
Clyde_Cash

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:30 pm Reply with quote
the-antihero wrote:
They could have at least aired The Final Act.

This. Why didn't Adult Swim ever get Final Act?

Then again, Sunrise should have just started over from scratch and did a remake that followed the manga. No fillers, no bullshit.
InuKag1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:33 pm Reply with quote
Clyde_Cash wrote:
the-antihero wrote:

Then again, Sunrise should have just started over from scratch and did a remake that followed the manga. No fillers, no bullshit.

I would have loved to see that, if only because I never wanted Inuyasha to ever end
Echo_City

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:58 pm Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
Echo_City wrote:
Mohawk52 wrote:
Toonami? What's a Toonami when it's at home then? Wink that's a rhetorical question BTW.
Mister, I think that this intended pun requires some explanation.
No explanation needed if one understands the question. Wink
Rolling Eyes
So, how 'bout that explanation?
Ronin2081

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:08 am Reply with quote
Clyde_Cash wrote:
the-antihero wrote:

Like the question of how many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop, we may never know.
CG-LOVER

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:08 am Reply with quote
InuYasha deserves a lot of credit for being one of the shows that got me into anime. It is still one of my favorites and all thanks goes to [adult swim] for airing it. No one can deny that it had an amazing run on the network, and no one can say that it wasn't treated with respect by [adult swim]. But after so many years it cannot be denied that it is time to move on to newer things, so this decision only makes sense. I'm just glad that they aired it long enough for me to see it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Agent355

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:30 am Reply with quote
Hypeathon wrote:
I know some folks here like to be too angry, smug and having the right to complain to care, but I'm just going to leave this, this and this.

Thanks for that! His responses leave me with some hope that Inuyasha: The Final Act may air on Toonami someday. Soul Eater is older, and they got Shippuden from Disney, so anything can happen, right?
InuKag1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:54 am Reply with quote
CG-LOVER wrote:
InuYasha deserves a lot of credit for being one of the shows that got me into anime. It is still one of my favorites and all thanks goes to [adult swim] for airing it. No one can deny that it had an amazing run on the network, and no one can say that it wasn't treated with respect by [adult swim]. But after so many years it cannot be denied that it is time to move on to newer things, so this decision only makes sense. I'm just glad that they aired it long enough for me to see it.

Nicely said. I'll always love Inuyasha for that as well
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:41 am Reply with quote
So we are supposed to be all excited that Toonami is replacing Inuyasha with ....... Sym-Bionic Titan?

Uh... yeah.... whatever Confused
Romuska
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:42 am Reply with quote
So I guess that's a no-go for Inuyasha Final Act? If so that's a shame. I'm sure they'v'e been wanting to broadcast that show for a while now.
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:26 pm Reply with quote
You know, people.... If you're that upset about not being able to watch Inuyasha anymore... you *could* always buy the DVD sets. They're actually pretty reasonably priced, and you can own the entire series for less than a dollar an episode.

Then you could watch them whenever you wanted and not have to worry about staying up late or sitting through commercials.

I mean..... it's easily the most *logical* solution. Neutral
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:51 pm Reply with quote
I'm not particularly sad about it, as it has been re-run so many times now. I'm just not happy with what is replacing it.
Ronin2081

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:19 pm Reply with quote
They don't have a whole lot they could replace it with. I don;t really see the problem though seeing how that seems like a better lead in for starting CN back up then Inuyasha was. I certainly don't expect them to go out and get a brand new show to replace Inuyasha with or to rerun FLCL again... and again. and again.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4