• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Naruto Director's Chair Contest

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Prax

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:16 pm Reply with quote
Wyvern wrote:
I gotta give props to the Hanabi poster for doing the impossible: It actually made the snot-nosed little kid Konohamaru hangs out with look like a total badass.

Also: Shouldn't there be some sort of spoiler warning on the link to the winning entries? The grand prize winner, while very cool, pretty much gives away the big twist of spoiler[Sasuke becoming a bad guy.]

I really like the Hanabi poster's costume designs. Hanabi looks pretty all-round cool (I really like the headprotector's location too--creative!).

Also, yah, I realized my poster contained pretty big spoilers and even said so in my submission email, asking if it was okay.. but I guess no one really screened the posters for spoiler stuff. But people who haven't gotten that far won't know if it's a true spoiler or not. As far as they're concerned, it could all just be a fan's fantasy duel! ^^

DMStudios wrote:
Nope, it's an original character. I made up a story about a separate ninja that loved Obito, and when she found about about Kakashi taking "that" thing, she hates Kakashi for not letting him be "whole" in the end. She doesn't know about the gift that Obito gave Kakashi. So she wears the bandage in rememberance and to show how much she loved Obito.

thanks for the compliments too!

Oh! I knew it looked like a girl (possibly Rin even--what ever happened to her, anyway?), but I wasn't sure if maybe it was just a girly-boy like Sai is. XD Sounds like a pretty interesting backstory!
Jadress

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:34 pm Reply with quote
Wow, congrats to all the winners.. these entries are really nicely done and entertaining. Haruto and MIB cracked me up! Great jobs!! And Prax, I enjoy your user icon.. it's cute and magical.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Cow-Boy_Be-Bop

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 7:32 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Kimyo
I know how you feel, sometimes it seems like people with computers and fancy programs have an unfair advantage, but you do the best you can, right?
I drew freehand and inked with an old-fashioned dip pen, then used paints to color it. I don't have a computer, so I had to go scan it at Kinko's, then loaded it into a Photobucket account, and used a website called myImager to add the text.

If you don't have a computer, then how do you acess this site.

Last edited by Cow-Boy_Be-Bop on Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:16 pm Reply with quote
Prax wrote:

Also, yah, I realized my poster contained pretty big spoilers and even said so in my submission email, asking if it was okay.. but I guess no one really screened the posters for spoiler stuff. But people who haven't gotten that far won't know if it's a true spoiler or not. As far as they're concerned, it could all just be a fan's fantasy duel! ^^

Er, the logic behind that is that the people actually crying about spoilers in that image have already seen the episodes they're talking about. The people who would have been clueless otherwise are being spoiled by the people crying about the spoilers. They'd have just thought it was made up for the contest otherwise.

It's a nice little piece of irony, really.
Kimyo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:56 am Reply with quote
Cow-Boy_Be-Bop wrote:

If you don't have a computer, then how do you acess this site.

I have a WebTV console. Hey, what are the chances that there'll be a contest where grand prize is a cute lil laptop??? Wink
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7