• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Trigger Makes Anime of Inou-Battle in the Usually Daze Comedy Novels

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Myaow

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:00 pm Reply with quote
jet_ wrote:
They said themselves that production on LWA2 is going to start after KLK, and LWA2 is scheduled to come out in March/April next year.
My guess is that InoBato will come in Autumn next year.

Thanks for connecting those dots jet_! I'll look forward to both shows-- it seems like such a long wait though!
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:02 pm Reply with quote
Eh seems like boring crap after the awesomeness that has been Kill La Kill. Character designs look boring and generic and the premise unexciting.

Whatever, it's not like this wasn't going to happen. They do need to make actual money here and projects like this help get that safe money.

Hopefully it works out for them and they can fund thier more creative and good works like Kill La Kill.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:07 pm Reply with quote
jet_ wrote:
Are you going to ignore everything from TRIGGER in the future?

If I keep encountering "fans" like you, yes.

I'll just copy/paste what I wrote before so you get it:

Quote:
I stopped even watching those at all at the outset, and wait about a quarter season in to see what people are saying about the show. In general, I've found only one out of ten of these light novel adaptations will be worth watching. I pay attention to fan comments here in the forums, especially certain people who have tastes similar to mine. It works for me since I have limited time.
jet_

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:09 pm Reply with quote
tuxedocat wrote:
jet_ wrote:

If I keep encountering "fans" like you, yes.

I'll just copy/paste what I wrote before so you get it:

Then why are you making stupid posts like these?
tuxedocat wrote:
Seeing this, plus what I've seen of Kill la Kill, makes me rethink ever buying Little Witch Academia. This studio is making shows that do not interest me in any way. Pass.

What made you give up on every light novel adaption so hard that you have to rely on others to form opinions for you?
Rahxephon91 wrote:
Eh seems like boring crap after the awesomeness that has been Kill La Kill. Character designs look boring and generic and the premise unexciting.

Whatever, it's not like this wasn't going to happen. They do need to make actual money here and projects like this help get that safe money.

Hopefully it works out for them and they can fund thier more creative and good works like Kill La Kill.

Aniplex are the ones who provided the funding for Kill la Kill.
yuna49

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:13 pm Reply with quote
Z-Raid wrote:
Wow, I never expected Trigger to be adapting an anime like this but it's understandable. Gotta pay the bills somehow.

All studios do this. GAINAX made Hanamaru Youchien, a surprisingly good show with some great ED sequences, but hardly something you'd expect from GAINAX. Brains-Base followed up Kurenai and Baccano! with the unwatchable (for me, at least) Akikan.

Not all these strategies pay off. Akikan averaged an abysmal 624 copies per release. If anything, Baccano! probably covered the losses from Akikan rather than the reverse.
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:26 pm Reply with quote
jet_ wrote:

What made you give up on every light novel adaption so hard that you have to rely on others to form opinions for you?

I haven't. It's just you that thinks so.

As far as a show goes, if I see positive remarks 4 or 5 episodes in, I'll give the show my 4 episode test. Unlike you, I don't watch every single show. I have a small business to run.

I suppose, in your mind this makes me something less than a "true fan".
People like you are a problem.

Last edited by tuxedocat on Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
ATastySub
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:26 pm Reply with quote
jet_ wrote:

Quote:
This studio is making shows that do not interest me in any way. Pass.

You'll miss out on a lot of gems if you have this mindset.

No one is obligated to buy something they don't like. If it's not their thing it's not their thing. Trying to strong arm them into admitting this is somehow bad or neglectful is ridiculous. I'm really enjoying Trigger's work so far, but you can't honestly try to say that everyone must like their entire body of work when their titles range from Inferno Cop to LWA to Kill la Kill. Like each one as it is and stop trying to attach pointless strings to things.
jet_

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:48 pm Reply with quote
tuxedocat wrote:
jet_ wrote:

I haven't.

Quote:
Pass.

Quote:
Unlike you, I don't watch every single show. I have a small business to run.

What makes you think I watch every single show?
Quote:

I suppose, in your mind this makes me something less than a "true fan".
People like you are a problem.

Why are you insulting me? That was really uncalled for.
ATastySub wrote:
No one is obligated to buy something they don't like.

I never asked him to buy something he doesn't like.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:09 pm Reply with quote
ATastySub wrote:
jet_ wrote:

Quote:
This studio is making shows that do not interest me in any way. Pass.

You'll miss out on a lot of gems if you have this mindset.

No one is obligated to buy something they don't like. If it's not their thing it's not their thing. Trying to strong arm them into admitting this is somehow bad or neglectful is ridiculous. I'm really enjoying Trigger's work so far, but you can't honestly try to say that everyone must like their entire body of work when their titles range from Inferno Cop to LWA to Kill la Kill. Like each one as it is and stop trying to attach pointless strings to things.

Except no one is saying that.

What Jet is saying is that not buying LWA because you don't like that Trigger is doing contract work like EVERY OTHER ANIMATION STUDIO IN JAPAN is...ridiculous.

Stop thinking that the animation studio is the most important part of the decisionmaking chain in these situations. Trigger is animating this (admittedly uninteresting looking show) because THAT IS HOW ANIMATION STUDIOS MAKE MONEY.

Christ guys. Do you want any anime, at all?
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:10 pm Reply with quote
jet_ wrote:

I agree, you never did. However, You keep insisting that I give this harem light novel adaptation a try, and insinuating that I can't think for myself because I would rather take a wait-and-see approach on a lot of shows.

There have been a fukton lately of anime light novels adaptations starring Gary Stu and his harem. These things are probably my #1 cause of burnout. So yeah. pass.
jet_

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:30 pm Reply with quote
tuxedocat wrote:
jet_ wrote:

I agree, you never did. However, You keep insisting that I give this harem light novel adaptation a try, and insinuating that I can't think for myself because I would rather take a wait-and-see approach on a lot of shows.

We don't know if it's a harem or not.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:10 am Reply with quote
tuxedocat wrote:

Yes. LWA was ok. I was originally planning to buy it to support a new studio. But since the studio is only interested in making product for an audience I'm not part of, I don't figure it is a good investment. I'll put my money where there is a product that I like better. Simple enough.

One can take that logic, invert it, and say they'll cut their ties with KyoAni just because they made Free.

There's nothing wrong in not choosing to watch a particular title; that's your prerogative. But it's really silly to sham an entire animation studio just because they do one or a couple titles that you don't like. Who knows, maybe somewhere down the line, Trigger might animate a title you might be interested. Studios aren't fixated on aiming one particular audience forever.
HeeroTX

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:47 pm Reply with quote
I like how everyone has formed an opinion on what kind of studio Trigger is after they've done... 3(?) shows. (and most people are basing that opinion on only 1 or 2 of those shows) Here's a secret of ANY entertainment industry: when you've made a crapton of money (or are independently wealthy) you can make the entertainment that YOU want to make. Before that, 99% of the time you make the entertainment that OTHER PEOPLE pay for. If you're gonna hate on a studio for making "stuff that sells" then prepare to never love any studio again. (Heck, remember when Pixar was infallible? Now go watch "Cars 2", and if you're going to say "they're owned by Disney now", then ask WHY they're owned by Disney? Answer: a big ole pile of cash)

Quote:
I'm actually interested in this (those AMAZING designs oh god) but after episode 21 of Kill La Kill....I can't support anything Trigger does. A shame.

I gotta say, ignoring anything else about your opinions, really? The whole "WTF?" with Satsuki's mom in the bath several episodes prior wasn't a deal breaker, but whatever in episode 21 was a bridge too far? I just can't think of anything in episode 21 that was that much WORSE than the stuff that had already come before. (and don't get me wrong, there is a LOT of ick and creep-factor in KlK)
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:01 pm Reply with quote
The Soapboxing thread stickied at the top of the Talkback forum wrote:
Everyone here is entitled to their own opinions, they are entitled to express their opinions and every opinion is welcome. However you [Chagen] are expected to express and defend your opinion intelligently [as in, not going on personal tirades and being condescending to everyone], and as a matter of courtesy you are expected to read and consider the opinions of those who disagree with you. If you [Chagen]aren't open to considering, or at least understanding different opinions, please keep yours to yourself.

Repeating the same opinion over and over again every single time you get the opportunity will not be tolerated here.

That clear enough for ya'?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4