• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: NIS America Offers Toradora! Blu-rays With English Dub

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pokenatic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:03 am Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
darkchibi07 wrote:
Alright, just like Clannad before time for us dub fans to show NIS America that this is worth it by buying it! Surprised

I like how you used one of the worst dubs ever as an example. Such terrible acting. I don't have much experience with these people in Toradora but I did not like the main girl in K-On's dub, at all. I'll just stick to the subbed version. I would like bluray, but unless they offer it cheaper without the dub..meh.

The regular editions ($44) are about the same as Sentai's Blu Rays and Funimation's Limited Edition Blu Rays on their good days on RightStuf ($42 rather than $53) so it's not like they are that much more expensive.

I'm still amazed that NISA is going to give one of their titles a dub though.

I missed out on the first premium editions for Toradora, so I wasn't in a hurry to get the series, but since they're re-releasing it on Blu Ray with a dub, I'm not going to miss out.

Last edited by Pokenatic on Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:07 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
TsukasaHiiragi

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:04 am Reply with quote
Ironic!!! I was talking with my wife earlier about how ToraDora! wasn't dubbed, and now it is!! //Shut up and take my money!!! Very Happy
Mario1234567

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:05 am Reply with quote
*Kicks Door open* Oh Snap!! i am crying right now just in tears. Crying or Very sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
helenobell

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:09 am Reply with quote
This was unexpected news, but good news nonetheless. The cast seems solid (though I do find it amusing that JYB is the sole veteran in the main cast) so I'll definitely be buying this.
Here's hoping NISA will dub Nagi-Asu: A Lull in the Sea and The Pilot's Love song as well... without waiting for nearly five years.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:15 am Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
You're misisng out on hundreds of great anime but completely ignoring them just because you refuse to read subtitles. I understand the reasons why people like dubs, but a lot of them will NEVER get dubbed and youre really missing out. Sad

Well, unfortunately, I would end up missing most of the action if I were to keep my eyes glued to the bottom of the screen reading text, and that can get tedious for myself after some time; plus, I just get bored eventually having to watch a show in a language that I have little understanding of.
Yes, I understand that some anime shows may never get an English version. Fortunately, I have many translated manga to take care of that; hence, I'm really not missing out on most shows at all. Wink
Besides, as long as you enjoy your anime shows subtitled, it shouldn't matter how others choose to watch theirs, no?
Asrialys

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:32 am Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
I don't have much experience with these people in Toradora but I did not like the main girl in K-On's dub, at all.

Main girl? Mio? Yui? Neither of their voice actresses are listed in the main cast. Unless you meant girls, as in all members of the band?
Vapors

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:45 am Reply with quote
Was thinking about putting Toradora on a couple of days ago to test out my new TV. And lo! Fortune smiles. Plus we get an extra episode that came when the Japanese got their Blu Ray.

Neat!
LuckySeven

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:49 am Reply with quote
Well, at least it didn't take 4 years like Media Blasters did with Kashimashi. Something else I had zero expectations of getting a dub. Still looking to pass off that sub-only set I have to someone now.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime
enurtsol

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:54 am Reply with quote
Took them long enough to put on Blu-ray, might as well dub it.
NJZanDatsu

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:01 am Reply with quote
Yo! I never expected this to get dubbed so as soon I saw the news, I immediately pre-ordered the premium edition from Rightstuf.
Echo_City

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:07 am Reply with quote
I don't know what this show is-it sounds like Haganai from the synopsis-but as it is a dubbed NISA release I'm grabbing it on principle. I would have preferred Usagi Drop to have been the first NISA dub but as the saying goes, "beggars can't be choosers".

Now that I've relinquished my Attack on Titan preorder I'm going to put that cash on this instead.
varmintx

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:20 am Reply with quote
Echo_City wrote:
I don't know what this show is-it sounds like Haganai from the synopsis-but as it is a dubbed NISA release I'm grabbing it on principle.
Toradora is considerably better than that.
ChexGuy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:20 am Reply with quote
Filia from Skullgirls = Minori. What.

Echo_City wrote:
I don't know what this show is-it sounds like Haganai from the synopsis-but as it is a dubbed NISA release I'm grabbing it on principle.

You're in for a not-surprise. They're nothing alike.
Covnam

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:36 am Reply with quote
I have the original premium sets on dvd, might not be a bad choice for an upgrade. I hope they clarify if there are any content differences on the discs and artbook to see if that would be worth getting as well, though with only a $10 difference on msrp, it's not a big deal either way.

I hope NISA shows some comparisons between the DVD & BD releases to cement my decision.

Also nice to see NISA producing a dub for those who want it, guess Toradora has done well over all and hopefully will mean more business for them upon release!
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:38 am Reply with quote
Azure-Wind91 wrote:
I was holding off on buying it on the slim chance we get a blu-ray release, but not only do we get that but a dub too?

Hopefully we'll see more dubs from NIS in the future

Yeah, think I'm gonna have to buy this to support it, dual audio and BD, would love more dubs from them in the future.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8