• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Attitude-Behavior of members!

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DjGreekhunter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:33 pm Reply with quote
Well i don't know if i'm on the right thread, but hell i'm gonna post it!
I recently joined this site after a big search for a trust-solid source. It's already passed a day after my first wrong thread on the wrong place and it's like " O you have already posted wrong elsewhere and you are reported for that etc." All of this in my second post in the right place- in the right thread nothing to do with my first. First immpresion from the site (i doubt that you will care, but i will tell) the first members that posted back to me bad attitude and ofc reffering to me like i'm a black sheep. Is this the way this site treats to the new members? Even if i did wrong i was expecting more guidance and some help.

P.s Maybe some of you here doesn't matter this matter or it's a lame thing to discuss so i ask an answer from people who care.
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:45 pm Reply with quote
Many factors influence first impressions. It would be nice if everyone was friendly to all newcomers, but the sad fact is that
1) we (ANN, the site, its staff) don't have much control over how people respond to you
2) we get plenty of newcomers who act like borderline spammers/trolls, and as a result people tend to have short patience

On top of posting the wrong thing in the wrong place, your slightly jumbled grammar may not have endeared you to our forum regulars. That's just the kind of place we are.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:30 am Reply with quote
Hi DjGreekhunter,

Apologies, but as Dan said, we there's only so much we can do to force people to be nice.

That said, if people are rude to you, please report their posts. The moderators will take a look at it and may take action.

I hope the rest of your stay here is more enjoyable.

-t
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:08 pm Reply with quote
He's talking about the reply to this post and this thread (that is now locked, and trashed, meaning no one but staff can see it).

I basically explained to him here that ANN is a little more strict and that the culture will take some getting used to. And he seems to be adjusting pretty well, so I think we're good.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:05 pm Reply with quote
FYI I hadn't actually read the locked thread or noticed who had started it. I had noticed a locked thread or two were there, but it was locked...why look?

I was only mentioning that his post that I was responding to had been reported by someone else, and the probable reason why it was. And as I said there, I meant no disrespect with the "trashy" comment... which I thought I had made clear with "...and there's nothing wrong with that Very Happy "
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1