• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Creamy Mami's Last English DVD Set Reaches Crowdfunding Goal

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GATSU

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:08 pm Reply with quote
F-Man:
Quote:
In the same vein, I think there should be a way somehow for members to put a pledge in advance for a set we know will be on the site eventually.

"Eventually" only happens if the first set gets funded. That's how it works.

Anyway, Dear Brother is halfway done now, with a little over $6,000 to go.
Crisha

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:55 am Reply with quote
I'm trying to decide if I want to pledge for Super Core $60 or Pulsar $90 for Dear Brother. The previous two sets I went for the Pulsar. But now I'm trying to decide if I want the E-conte or Name in the DVD (I don't see the E-conte specified on the Pulsar, so I'm guessing it's not included... I'm uncertain).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
GATSU

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:47 am Reply with quote
Oh, yeah, and don't forget that if you missed out on the crowdfunders, you can still buy the first set for Mami and Black Jack through Right Stuf. No region restrictions there.
F-Man

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:25 am Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
F-Man:
Quote:
In the same vein, I think there should be a way somehow for members to put a pledge in advance for a set we know will be on the site eventually.

I know?
agila61

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:26 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
F-Man:
Quote:

Yes, my idea of "streaming pledge" tries to thread that needle by making the pledge paid immediate, in support of the streaming side costs for the series, with the money spilling over into the next set if the current set beats its target.
GATSU

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:49 pm Reply with quote
F-man: N/M, then.

agila: It's only going to happen immediately if fans have the funds available to contribute. Right now, they're willing to do so for Kickstarter. And even Dear Brother, which is clearly the current crown jewel of the site, is still going to take a while to reach its goal. That's why they need that killer show to boost demand. And they potentially got quite a few of them in their library, if they'd only act on 'em already.
agila61

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:21 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
agila: It's only going to happen immediately if fans have the funds available to contribute.

If there had been any of the "streaming pledges" with the mechanism I suggested, clearly there would have been immediate spillover, since the sets that have been funded have gone past their targets.

It may be that you skipped past the stage of understanding the mechanism I suggested in your rush to explain why it wouldn't work.
GATSU

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:15 pm Reply with quote
agila:
Quote:
If there had been any of the "streaming pledges" with the mechanism I suggested, clearly there would have been immediate spillover, since the sets that have been funded have gone past their targets.

Yeah, but they need to make a profit on each set, not just reach their goals.

Edit: Oh, and Dear Brother is officially past the $7,000 mark.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3