• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Naruto Notches Sixth Week on Booklist

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:40 am Reply with quote
Quote:
It has been on the list for six weeks and broke the all-time manga record earlier this month when it reached a high of #21

I can't believe that manga is becoming this big in America. It really makes you wonder if a title will ever be able to reach #1 on the booklist. I figure once the series hit fillers on TV the manga sales should go up....at least I think so.
tripperdan99

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:34 pm Reply with quote
Deltakiral wrote:
Quote:
It has been on the list for six weeks and broke the all-time manga record earlier this month when it reached a high of #21

I can't believe that manga is becoming this big in America. It really makes you wonder if a title will ever be able to reach #1 on the booklist. I figure once the series hit fillers on TV the manga sales should go up....at least I think so.

Yes I agreee, once "Naruto Filler Hell" hits I'm positive manga sales will increase for those who want to continue the story.
Strephon

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:39 pm Reply with quote
tripperdan99 wrote:

Yes I agreee, once "Naruto Filler Hell" hits I'm positive manga sales will increase for those who want to continue the story.

It depends on the timing; the anime's run on CN is going to pass the manga soon (specifically the Shonen Jump serialization, which is itself ahead of the collected releases). Without knowing how long the filler is going to last, it's hard to predict if the manga release will be able to catch back up and offer material that hasn't been on TV yet.
tripperdan99

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:50 pm Reply with quote
Strephon wrote:
tripperdan99 wrote:

It depends on the timing; the anime's run on CN is going to pass the manga soon (specifically the Shonen Jump serialization, which is itself ahead of the collected releases). Without knowing how long the filler is going to last, it's hard to predict if the manga release will be able to catch back up and offer material that hasn't been on TV yet.

FIRST: What happened to the REPLY Button!!!!! Dang it, this bites! ***Rants***

Anywho, I feel better now.

Good point. I was operating on what has been released in Japan, not translated for US. At this point I have to confess that I have no idea how far along the manga is in the US.
ChichiriMuyo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:09 pm Reply with quote
I'm fairly sure a majority of the people watching Naruto on TV aren't even going to be aware that they are watching filler. However, I do agree that by that time the series will have taken another step up the ladder, because it seems to me it still hasn't hit its peak.
Iritscen

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:42 pm Reply with quote
If you think about it, tripperdan, it never made sense to put a Reply button in the box for every post. Quote, yes. Reply, no. Now it's where it belongs, just at the bottom.

Anyway, I picked up a volume in the store the other day to see where they were -- I saw the end of Rock Lee vs. Gaara, which means that CN is indeed passing the manga.

The question of whether the manga will sell more when Naruto hits filler requires one to think about how many viewers of Naruto on CN actually know/care about the manga. We do, but do they, if they're casual viewers?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1