• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Streams First Attack on Titan Dub Clip

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Miyanoai

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:19 pm Reply with quote
My biggest issue with the dub isn't the voices themselves. Frankly I applaud the voice casters. I absolutely loved Connie, Marco, Annie, and (from her one scream) Sasha when I heard them. Petra and Hanji I liked. (Someone mentioned Hanji's creepy motherly talk. I noticed it once they pointed it out and there's still a chance it'll come out more during her experiments with Sawney and Bean)

Jean was a little deep but I feel I can get used to it. I was holding out for Maxey to be Armin (and he's my favorite character so he was the one I was anticipating the most), but since they decided to pick a male to play him, Josh was probably the best choice, but really it's gonna come down to his speech in episode 10 (sorry Josh, pressure's on you ^^").

Levi and Mikasa seemed to be the biggest problem, once again, not because of their voices, but because of the way the actors played them. Actually for Levi, it was just his lines. He sounded more like some hero coming up with cheesy than someone who's just fighting for humanity to survive. Hopefully that was a one-time thing. As for Mikasa, I heard her speech and all that was going through my head was that she was acting for a Broadway play rather trying to motivate others in her unusual way. It was way too overdramatic. The point of that scene was that Mikasa was trying to HIND the fact that Eren's death had upset her so much and then take it out on killing titans. I thought it would be once but her line trying to motivate Armin after he revealed his plan was the same. Trina just seems to be trying too hard on this role.

Now all that's left is Eren and I know a lot of people are holding out for him to be Greg Ayres, but let's be honest. If that happened now, Armin might end up sounding manlier than him, lol. It makes me wonder if they're going to have seperate VAs for Eren and Armin's younger selves.
I don't have anyone in particular in mind for Eren (don't want to get my hopes up again). So many are hating on Todd Haberkorn, but if it were him it would remind me of TFS's abridged Eren so I'd actually be used to it. xD With all the secrets, I can't help but think it'll be someone new. Just hoping it's not the guy who played Alibaba in Magi (another one of Yuki Kaji's works). Nothing against him, I just can't picture it.

Done with my rant. Anime smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5