• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Viz Media Licenses Chibi Vampire, D.N. Angel on Kindle

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NeoStrayCat

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:21 pm Reply with quote
AnimeMaine wrote:
I hope that Viz will also pick up the light novels. Tokyopop published all but the last one, leaving the story on a cliffhanger.

machetecat wrote:
Also seconding on that last Karin light novel. The cliffhanger is why I never got the last one Tokyopop released.

Adding to the list, since currently have all the C.V./Karin Manga, all the LN's except for v.9, and spin-offs, also the anime too, so yeah. Would be nice if just the last volume of the Light Novel would have been released in some form (thus would have been complete). >_>
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:43 pm Reply with quote
machetecat wrote:
The DNAngel one pisses me off.

I've had the series in my bookcase for years, hoping that it would get relicensed again. The fact that the story will only be continued in English through digital only is going to be a massive irritation for my collector's side.

Also seconding on that last Karin light novel. The cliffhanger is why I never got the last one Tokyopop released.

Ditto. As much as I enjoyed DNAngel when it was coming out, the author's insanely unreliable when it comes to ever finishing a series, so the hopes of completing the series are up in the air. That just digs at the completionist in me, but I'm glad Viz is at least bringing it back digitally. Maybe it's like some people have theorized and it's their way of gauging the potential market.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2