• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: P.A. Works Streams 1st Promo for Glasslip Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
phia_one

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:52 pm Reply with quote
MarthKoopa wrote:
phia_one wrote:
MarthKoopa wrote:
He's not a "bit" girly, and straight men typically don't follow the same fashion trends he does. He is definitely gay, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with it.

How is he definitely gay? Just because a guy is interested in fashion doesn't automatically make him gay.

Being interested in gay men's fashion definitely makes you gay, and you really shouldn't disrespect him for that. Why is everyone getting so upset about me calling a gay character gay?

What? How is what he's wearing in the pv and promo image gay? You're really stereotyping.
MarthKoopa

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:04 pm Reply with quote
phia_one wrote:
What? How is what he's wearing in the pv and promo image gay? You're really stereotyping.

How is it not? And why get so defensive about it? He's gay, get over it.
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:07 pm Reply with quote
MarthKoopa wrote:
phia_one wrote:

Because your stereotyping and again ignorance is offensive. You are saying all gay men fall into a box... this is coming from a gay man who is not easily offended; well done.

Last edited by TsunaReborn! on Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
phia_one

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:12 pm Reply with quote
MarthKoopa wrote:
phia_one wrote:

I'm not getting defensive and I don't care if he is. I'm asking a simple question and you're refusing to answer. The problem is that you're stereotyping. You're of the mindset that if a guy wears a certain type of clothing, it automatically makes him gay.

In the promo image, he's wearing an outfit similar to the other two boys. In the video, he's wearing an outfit that I've seen my straight male friends wear. Guess that makes them gay according to you.
MarthKoopa

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:30 pm Reply with quote
TsunaReborn! wrote:
Because your stereotyping and again ignorance is offensive. You are saying all gay men fall into a box... this is coming from a gay man who is not easily offended; well done.

I'm not saying all gay men are the same. I'm saying there exists no straight man who would dress themselves that way, because they simply don't.
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:37 pm Reply with quote
... A straight guy who used to work for me used those hair "bands" (I used the word band as I can't remember exactly what they are called) to keep his long hair out of his face. Plus straight men are just as style conscious as anyone else. He maybe a gay character but determining that by what he wears in a 60 secondish promo is, to me, narrow minded.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
RestLessone

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:42 pm Reply with quote
Google "Diego Forlan headband". He and this character even have similar hairstyles. (Toudou Jinpachi, from Yowamushi Pedal, also wears them.)

It's rather silly to state a character or person's sexuality based entirely on the fact that they wear a headband. I'd be happy to have a realistic gay character in this series, but let's not stereotype. We've only even seen him for a handful of quiet seconds in a promotional video.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:14 am Reply with quote
http://www.askmen.com/daily/austin_100/102_fashion_style.html

What is a metrosexual?

The newly popular media and marketing buzzword seems to mean different things to different people, but in general, a metrosexual :

- is a modern, usually single man in touch with himself and his feminine side;

- grooms and buffs his head and body, which he drapes in fashionable clothing both at work or before hitting an evening hotspot;

- has discretionary income to stay up to date with the latest hairstyles, the newest threads, and the right shaped shoes;

- confuses some guys when it comes to his sexuality;

- makes these same guys jealous of his success with the ladies — for many metros, to interact with women is to flirt;

- impresses the women who enjoy his company with the details that make the man;

Among them:

- his appreciation for literature, cinema, or other arts
- his flair for cooking
- his savoir faire in choosing the perfect wine and music
- his eye for interior design

- is a city boy or, if living a commute away from downtown, is still urbane, if not rightly urban;

- enjoys reading men's magazines...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3