• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Boys-Love Game DRAMAtical Murder Gets TV Anime This Summer

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drdr48

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:25 pm Reply with quote
Just so you know, the original game was directed by none other than Gen Urobuchi Laughing

And while he's not involved with the anime adaptation it's still pretty interesting won't you say?
sepherest

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:37 pm Reply with quote
PipingHotTea wrote:
As much as I like DMMD, I'm not really holding my breath for this one. Especially after that Togainu no Chi adaptation.

Same, the trailer that was put up today on its website wasn't particilarily interesting either. Although on one hand the TnC anime had a decent pv while the actual show was...something else.

Really doubt Nitro+Chiral would do anything anime-related for their other titles though. Sweet Pool barely received anything after it was released besides a manga adaptation and Lamento has an unfinished manga and a trickle of merchandise. It would probably take an anniversary to get anything special, even a port at this point. TnC was their big success before DMMD and it's obvious they're doing the most they can with the latter while it's still hot.
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:55 pm Reply with quote
I really hope this up ticks the interest in the original game and the other games that nitro plus chiral made.I need to sell more copies of them really bad?
DaftPhunk

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:55 pm Reply with quote
TnC was so bad it was hilarious. I will never tire of the terrible caps.

Not that I'd wish for DMMd to be purposely bad, but even if it was I'd at least get some mild entertainment from it.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:01 pm Reply with quote
Nemui_Nezumi wrote:
Chagen46 wrote:
Given how rare BL anime is, that's still very fast.

well, there's a few yuri animes this year (Sakura Trick that was aired this season, and Akuma no Riddle & Inugami-san to Nekoyama-san which will be aired in spring)

so imo is not that surprising(?)

What does that have to do with anything? More yuri anime existing is not going to make more yaoi exist, it's going to make more yuri exist.

Quote:

but yeah, I'm not gonna lie, I was surprised too, and it will be aired this summer!

Yeah, this announcement is surprising. I only know of this game because Urobuchi directed it.

Quote:
I suppose its only purpose is to try to popularize even more the franchise so I don't really expect a super quality show... but hey, with luck I'm wrong and we get a masterpiece(?)

Stuff with Urobuchi's name on it tends to be at least good, so I have higher expectations than normal.
RestLessone

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:14 pm Reply with quote
I like the character designs and the general plot line, so I'll be giving it a try. I especially like that, if the PV is any indication, it's an adventure with romantic elements, rather than a romantic adventure. I don't find romance (gay or straight) very engaging, and I suppose it has more general cross appeal. Not that there's anything wrong with titles like Love Stage, of course; I think it's high time BL-lovers got more than a random OVA or series every blue moon. This is a start.

I just ask that it's good.
Nemui_Nezumi

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:26 pm Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
Nemui_Nezumi wrote:
Chagen46 wrote:
Given how rare BL anime is, that's still very fast.

well, there's a few yuri animes this year (Sakura Trick that was aired this season, and Akuma no Riddle & Inugami-san to Nekoyama-san which will be aired in spring)

so imo is not that surprising(?)

What does that have to do with anything? More yuri anime existing is not going to make more yaoi exist, it's going to make more yuri exist.

actually it kinda does in the sense of: yuri animes are rare, same goes for yaoi as you well mentioned before

so if yuri gets more animes, yaoi may too have (and it's having) the same chances

I'm not saying it's utterly related, I'm just using it as comparison

do you get my point?

it's just a way to see it

PD: and I never said it has to do with having or not more or less BL animes, I was just saying is not that surprising when not long ago they did announce 2 yuri that would air in the same season just after another yuri ended (and when you almost never see anything yuri in the charts yes, it is surprising)

uwah
jayvon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:39 pm Reply with quote
lel boy's love? *Deletes from list
Chagen46

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:53 pm Reply with quote
jayvon wrote:

And you felt the need to tell the whole world this why?
Rederoin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:16 pm Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
jayvon wrote:

And you felt the need to tell the whole world this why?

For the same reason you always feel the need to tell about you don't like certain anime.

To be fair, I always wonder the same thing, but what are you going to do about it?
shi666san

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:17 pm Reply with quote
I've never heard of the game, but it looks really cool. The premise seems pretty interesting.

I'm not sure whether to pick it up because it's BL, but at the same time it has Hino and Takahashi (whom I haven't heard in a while). I'll probably give it the 3-episode rule.
fencer_x

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:19 pm Reply with quote
wonderwomanhero wrote:
Hellwarden wrote:
Lots of uh....boy love shows getting made lately.

Which is....something that's popular I guess.

I'm curious as to what the next BL-based OVA/TV series with explicit sex will be...

Never, so long as the Tokyo Youth Ordinance remains in effect. How do people still not understand this YEARS after it was enacted? Do they really think series are just less explicit and that's all?

It's the law that there can't be any explicit sex in anime these days. Heck, even the Sekai-ichi Hatsukoi MOVIE, in theaters now, is rated PG. It's not even running on TV, so they had no reason to remove anything remotely suggestive, but there's nothing more explict than a peck on the lips in it (the PREVIEWS for other live-action movies were more explicit, with several sex scenes shown; that BAFFLED).

This law is ridiculous. Why is it okay to show two real humans clearly having sex on screen but GOD FORBID we suggest that two animated adults do it.
PipingHotTea

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:32 pm Reply with quote
Sepherest wrote:
PipingHotTea wrote:
As much as I like DMMD, I'm not really holding my breath for this one. Especially after that Togainu no Chi adaptation.

Same, the trailer that was put up today on its website wasn't particilarily interesting either. Although on one hand the TnC anime had a decent pv while the actual show was...something else.

Really doubt Nitro+Chiral would do anything anime-related for their other titles though. Sweet Pool barely received anything after it was released besides a manga adaptation and Lamento has an unfinished manga and a trickle of merchandise. It would probably take an anniversary to get anything special, even a port at this point. TnC was their big success before DMMD and it's obvious they're doing the most they can with the latter while it's still hot.

Such a shame that Sweet Pool and Lamento didn't really sell. I really did enjoyed Sweet Pool's grimness. But maybe its for the best that it stayed in game and manga form. As for DMMD, nice that its getting a lot of success and an anime, but hopefully they don't pull a ham fisted ending like ToC.
KENZICHI

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:29 pm Reply with quote
This summer? Fast! I've never played the game, but a lot of people I follow on tumblr post things about this game so I'm interested. Here's hoping I can watch this, Sailor Moon Crystal, and (maybe) Free! this summer! Smile
Rivailloli

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:37 pm Reply with quote
Crraaapppp, there's already so much for me to watch in summer! Meh, not too excited cause after TNC...Ugh.

Anyway, will be watching!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3