• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Looking For Sailor Moon S Heart Collection (Pioneer/Geneon)

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Amara Tenoh

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:32 pm Reply with quote
I am looking for the Sailor Moon S Collection released by Pioneer/Geneon. Here's a picture of them:

I already have the Pegasus Collection, so I also want the Heart Collection. I would rather not buy the versions with the red "Signature Series" on the cover.

Would anyone be willing to sell these or know of a good place to buy them all?

I've been debating whether to buy them all individually or wait until someone sells the entire collection on eBay.

Help?
Sailor S

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:24 pm Reply with quote
Sure, I have that set. Plus, my 6th disc is signed by Yuko Minaguchi, the voice of Sailor Saturn. It's yours for the low, low price of $4000.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:40 am Reply with quote
@Sailor S

Does that include free shipping? Or would that be an additional $4000?
ColonelYao47

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:18 am Reply with quote
Sailor S wrote:
Sure, I have that set. Plus, my 6th disc is signed by Yuko Minaguchi, the voice of Sailor Saturn. It's yours for the low, low price of $4000.

Anime Boston, I presume?

Speaking of which, where was this auction three weeks ago when I was looking for something this cool?
Sailor S

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:07 pm Reply with quote
@Alan45

Oh no, shipping is free. But the box I pack it all in is an additional $3999.99 I'd give them a discount.

@ColonelYao47

Yup, I got it signed at Anime Boston this weekend. Were you at her Q&A panel and/or autograph session too?
ColonelYao47

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:16 pm Reply with quote
Sailor S wrote:
Yup, I got it signed at Anime Boston this weekend. Were you at her Q&A panel and/or autograph session too?

Sadly, I didn't do either (Dai Sato signing when she did her panel, too hungry during her signing session). If I had a special item, I would have adjusted accordingly (hence my "really?" reaction to the Sailor Saturn douga auction).
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:41 pm Reply with quote
@Sailor S
I realize that hope springs eternal in the collector's soul. But ... I just wonder if he thought a nest of anime fans was a good place to look for a loose copy of a rare anime, or that someone here would not know what it was worth?
Sailor S

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:55 pm Reply with quote
I can't say I blame them for trying. Every anime convention I go to I look around with the hopes that I'll find either the Spice and Wolf artbook (and that the person selling it won't know how rare it is and thus have the price jacked to the heavens) or Galaxy Angel Rune vol. 4. At least with the first one I can find it for sale. GAR v4 isn't for sale anywhere, at least I've never seen it listed.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:06 pm Reply with quote
@Sailor S

Spice & Wolf art book!!! I didn't even know one existed, if you find someone with two, buy one for me. Laughing

Check Mike Toole's current column, he is very clear that the Galaxy Angel Rune volume 4 is not worth the effort. Of course, you never know, someone at TRSI may open a little used room and find 300 copies of it.

It is always worth a try, but the OP initially got a bit snarky when he found out that the web site was not set up to suit his convenience, so I don't have too much sympathy.

I checked E-bay. It looks as if you actually know what you are looking for, the series is available for not too much. I'm not familiar with the series but it also looked as though there were a lot of suspicious offerings too.
Sailor S

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:58 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I don't particularly trust Ebay, especially with anime related stuff. Too much of the stuff out there tends to be bootlegs.

I'm quite aware that Galaxy Angel Rune is pretty lousy. But, as a fellow collector you have to be aware just how annoying it is to have a gaping hole in the collection. I have the first 3 discs, so not having the fourth is kind of mocking me. That said, I wonder if Mike would want to sell that copy since it was a steaming pile? Smile
Amara Tenoh

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:25 pm Reply with quote
Sailor S wrote:

I'm guessing the giant price is mainly for the 6th disc?

Would you be willing to sell discs 1-5 and i could somehow find the sixth disc elsewhere?

Each volume is around $75 on Amazon (Making it $450 in total, so I could buy all six volumes nine fold for the price you're asking).

I understand you might want to keep the entire set, but it would really mean the world to me to get these discs. Smile
Ortensia1980

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:34 pm Reply with quote
Hate to break this to you, but I don't think that Sailor S was serious when he/she said that they'd be willing to sell you those DVDs...
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:38 pm Reply with quote
@Amara Tenoh
Really, I hope you didn't think his quote was serious. He just got that signature this past weekend at Anime Boston. Do you really think he would break up the set?

Look, ANN is a site for fans to obtain information about anime and discuss it. It is not a sales site. The personal sales forum is simply a small perk to encourage people to subscribe. It is seldom used and then most just advise everyone of their E-bay listings. Even this retail forum is limited to advertising by established dealers. It is honestly not a place to post want lists. This thread is still here because no one has complained.

As a collector I understand your wanting to try every angle but you are in the wrong site.
Amara Tenoh

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:16 pm Reply with quote
Alan45 wrote:
@Amara Tenoh
Really, I hope you didn't think his quote was serious. He just got that signature this past weekend at Anime Boston. Do you really think he would break up the set?

Look, ANN is a site for fans to obtain information about anime and discuss it. It is not a sales site. The personal sales forum is simply a small perk to encourage people to subscribe. It is seldom used and then most just advise everyone of their E-bay listings. Even this retail forum is limited to advertising by established dealers. It is honestly not a place to post want lists. This thread is still here because no one has complained.

As a collector I understand your wanting to try every angle but you are in the wrong site.

Could you tell me where i should go to find someone with these volumes? I've seriously looked for other places but turned up nothing.
zrdb

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:34 pm Reply with quote
Other than the usual suspects-amazon, ebay, local craigslist and local used video stores, none. Good luck on your quest.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2