• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Waiting in the Summer/Ano Natsu de Matteru Anime Is an OVA

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:31 am Reply with quote
Animegomaniac wrote:
dtm42 wrote:
I should have known. But in a way it is a good thing; I don't know what they could have done with another full season.

Considering Yukari Tamura's character, that. And it would be amazing. I didn't like the main characters, thought the tie in to Please Teacher was confusing and unnecessary but I loved Lemon, her personality and the idea of her organization, familiar as it is, applied to anime.

Lemon, policing harems, cat girls and moe aliens with snark and genre savvy. I'd watch that series, it may even live up to its premise.

I agree with dtm42. There is not much more that can be done in terms of story. And to me the series ended at a pretty good place.

I liked the 6 main characters a lot. They had more than enough development. I agree with Animegomaniac that more silliness from Lemon (and the other characters) would have been nice, but I would have been disappointed if a full one cour sequel revolved only around characters' antics and had little story and substance.

And I had no idea so many ANN posters had bought the original JP BD releases of Waiting in the Summer, and now are pissed off that they will have buy a BD set to get the OVA. It is a good thing I do not usually buy raw JP BD's. Speaking of that, if the Waiting in the Summer BD set is subbed, I might import it.

zensunni wrote:
Like what they did with Toradora! Not surprising. Here's hoping that Sentai Filmworks decides to follow NIS's example, but quicker, and pick up the rights for the BluRay and OVA, and give this show the dub it deserves.

The problem is that a typical lazy and crappy Sentai dub will not be the kind of dub that Waiting in the Summer deserves. I will be happy as long as Sentai re-releases it on BD, with or without a dub.
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:38 pm Reply with quote
I don't mind too much having to double dip for this one. I was a huge fan of the series and I only have it on DVD; WITS is a title I would love to upgrade. Very pleased to hear there is new content on the way.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2