• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
GAME: Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EastN3

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:42 pm Reply with quote
I agree, with your last statement at least, in that I'm done with this thread. I've put my two cents in, and everyone else has seen fit to demonize and twist the meaning of those two cents, but whatever. That's how free speech works. Very Happy

Despite the obviously mixed reception for Ground Zeroes, I have high hopes for The Phantom Pain, and believe Kojima will pull out another game as good as Snake Eater.
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:31 pm Reply with quote
Mister Ryan Andrews wrote:
We can only speak for ourselves, and my own reasoning for not having issue is simply because I don't believe in censorship. If I don't like a game, or it deals with a subject I don't like, I just won't play it and move on rather than demanding there only be one way to present a complex issue.

Oh my god, will you please shut up about censorship. That is not in any way whatsoever an issue here. Voicing the opinion that media shouldn't use rape for cheap shock value is not "censorship". Nobody is trying to force them to not do that. We're just saying what we think. If Kojima feels differently, he can go right on ahead, disregard our opinions, and make whatever game he damn well wants. Nobody at any point has said otherwise. Seriously, every [expletive] time anyone criticizes anything some internet fuckwad pops up to crow about the boogieman of "censorship". But it is nothing but a bullshit, selectively applied smokescreen. Simply put, criticism is not censorship. Full stop. There is no censorship whatsoever involved here. So give it a bloody rest. Think what you want but stop using "being against censorship" to justify it.
Hellrasinbrasin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:14 am Reply with quote
...Most of what you hear from the Chico POW audio logs or from other POW's at Camp Omega in their cells is a for shadowing of what to expect from Metal Gear Solid 5 The Phantom Pain. Most people forget that Paz is not a teenager she's an intelligence officer in her 20s while Chico on the other hand is a teenage Child-Soldier.

Metal Gear Solid 5 Ground Zeroes is very much like an OVA designed
as a bridge between to Series in this case a bridge for MGS5-1 & MGS5-2. MGS5-1 being Metal Gear Solid 5 Peace Walker (http://www.ign.com/articles/2010/02/24/metal-gear-solid-peace-walker-planned-as-mgs5) & MGS5-2 being Metal Gear Solid 5 The Phantom Pain.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6