• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Winners of Noitamina 10th Anniversary Fan Vote Announced

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
st_owly

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:15 am Reply with quote
I would've gone for Hiroko, Nodame and Caroline personally, as well as Iku from Library Wars. My favourite guys are Eiji, Yusuke and Keisuke from Antique Bakery, as well as Chiaki from Nodame Cantabile.
Knoepfchen

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:44 am Reply with quote
Best Sakurai character? They apparently want to torture me by forcing to choose just one. Cool Anyway, how can Makishima beat Kusuriuri, come on. What kind of world are we living in.

Psycho-Pass was excellent, and Akane is a great character, but Kougami himself wasn't such an interesting character IMO. Bad-ass, yes, pretty, also, but not all that complex and interesting.
Kreion

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:58 am Reply with quote
There are a loooot of good series on that list xD I'd agree that Kougami wasn't my pick as best male character though...even from Psycho-Pass Makishima and Ginoza were deeper characters imo. Outside of that I thought Hachiken was a very nicely developed main character.

I can agree on best episode...episode 11 of Psycho-pass was essentially the one that made me love that series. It's such a twisted episode xD
gilg4mesh

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:07 am Reply with quote
Huh? The female favourite is her? ... Confused
Illusionary_Systems

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:45 am Reply with quote
I'm somewhat biased as Psycho-Pass is the sort of series that's right up my alley.
jojothepunisher

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:16 am Reply with quote
Shogo Makishima, I will never forget when you spoiler[ killed Akane's friend in front of all of our eyes without showing any sign of remorse.]Absolutely the best villain I have ever seen.

[EDIT: Spoiler tags added at the request of a pissed off user. -TK]

EDIT: I am very sorry that I totally forgot to add the spoiler tag. It wasn't my intention to spoil the show. Please forgive me.

Last edited by jojothepunisher on Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:55 am; edited 1 time in total
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:31 am Reply with quote
I was at the event, and I was shocked that they didn't even put Katanagatari on the list. Shichika took my vote for best male, and "Cheerio!" is my vote for best catchphrase any day.
yuna49

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:00 am Reply with quote
Knoepfchen wrote:
Best Sakurai character? They apparently want to torture me by forcing to choose just one. Cool Anyway, how can Makishima beat Kusuriuri, come on. What kind of world are we living in.

I've been watching noitaminA shows since 2006, and I wouldn't have voted for any of the winners. I agree with Knoepfchen that putting any of Sakurai's other noitaminA performances ahead of Kusuriuri (aka the "Apothecary" or "Medicine Seller") shows how few of the voters probably watched "Bake Neko" and Mononoke. To me, Sakurai's work in those series is not only the best performance I've heard by him, but perhaps the single best performance I've ever heard by a male Japanese seiyuu.

I probably lean toward Matsukata Hiroko from Hataraki Man if I were forced to choose a best female character. I notice she didn't even make the list of reported results. For noitaminA's original intended audience of young adult women, Hiroko must have been a character with which they could easily identify. Nodame is too ditzy for me to place first, though Kawasumi Ayako's sparkling performance deserves credit. I'm also a bit surprised that Chiaki didn't score high enough to make the list.

Results like these confirm my belief that the anime-viewing audience in Japan turns over quickly. Shows don't seem to persist in the collective memory past about three years. From what I've read about attitudes in the general Japanese public toward anime viewers, it's likely to be a hobby that one puts aside quickly upon reaching adulthood. noitaminA has also been trying to expand its appeal to the "otaku" audience, so the types of people watching it today are probably rather different than the audience from 2005-2009.
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:07 am Reply with quote
Just realized HachiKuro was a noitaminA series. DUDE! Takemoto!! <3333 Though that character particularly speaks to me personally because at the time I watched I was in the exact same position with not knowing what I wanted to do.
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:20 am Reply with quote
I thought that Psycho Pass was just above average. Too tame and stretched out so i stopped 2/3 through and only came back for the last 2 minutes. The villain was to underdeveloped. He was just a concept without character in my eyes. Nontamina has better to offer. Just saying. No season 2 for me.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Sam Murai

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:42 am Reply with quote
Ugh…even if they are shows I really like, I tend to not like polls like this and automatically discredit them because they are clearly influenced by what the most recent popular show is. You would get the same type of results if you had the very same shows, but if, say, Nodame Cantabile (the most successful of all noitaminA shows), Eden of the East, AnoHana, or even Moyashimon (the first series…) were the most recent title.

In the next few months (if any catch fire) or by the 15th anniversary, you can enjoy seeing PSYCHO-PASS and the other three series and their characters be mentioned #3, #4, #6, et. al. (not in that order or perhaps even that high) while the new kids are declared the "best ever". That's how it is these days with the growth of technology and access and the current environment…

Kids on the Slope's OP & ED for most memorable music? I liked them a lot, but if we are going by OPs/EDs alone, then I would say Paradise Kiss and GUILTY CROWN had better ones, with Shiki taking the cake in the end (particularly with its the first set).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2