• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Anime Does April Fool's Day - Part 1

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:10 pm Reply with quote
Sakura Shinguji wrote:
Hiro94 wrote:
Lets not forget J-list turning into a Korean oriented store lol Peter Payne was a genius for pulling this prank http://www.jbox.com/page/khome.html

Knowing that Peter Payne is something of an anti-Korean bigot definitely puts a different spin on that prank concept.

Maybe he is not. The K-List site looks pretty cute. Doesn't seem like something a bigot would do.
ninjapet

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:08 pm Reply with quote
I enjoyed Type-Moon's joke this year, but the Back Alley Alliance videos with Satsuki and Sion made me sad because it was pretty much "Hey we'll be in the Tsukihime remake right?..." "No idea... also when's the Melty blood remake happening?"
Chagen46

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:11 pm Reply with quote
ninjapet wrote:
I enjoyed Type-Moon's joke this year, but the Back Alley Alliance videos with Satsuki and Sion made me sad because it was pretty much "Hey we'll be in the Tsukihime remake right?..." "No idea... also when's the Melty blood remake happening?"

TM has literally nothing to do with Melty Blood as it's made by an independent company, French Bread, that has zero connections to TM, so I'm not sure why you're asking that.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:36 am Reply with quote
And of course Adult Swim did their April Fool's thing, including a new episode of Perfect Hair Forever.
Animerican14

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:38 am Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
I kinda wished Kadokawa had done genderswaps for the Kancolle April Fools instead of Sujicolle...now that would be quite a sight *licks lips*

Gee, well that doesn't sound creepy at all.

Quote:
ninjapet wrote:

TM has literally nothing to do with Melty Blood as it's made by an independent company, French Bread, that has zero connections to TM, so I'm not sure why you're asking that.

Maybe because... Type-Moon *does* have something to do with Melty Blood? They're listed as co-producers and even produced patches for it here: http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Melty_Blood. And in any case, Melty Blood uses Tsukihime characters-- hell, its original characters have been acknowledged in the Type-Moon canon through stuff like Carnival Phantasm-- so... Confused
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Chagen46

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:12 am Reply with quote
Nice homophobia there.

And regardless of whether or not TM acknowledges Melty Blood, it's upt to French Bread whether they want to make a new one. They DO but they're working on Under Night In-Birth right now.
ninjapet

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:39 am Reply with quote
Melty blood is a canon TM work though... Sion and Ries are considered Tsukihime characters, hell Ries is even mentioned in Kara no Kyoukai as the head master for the school Azaka goes to.

The joke's been that Melty blood has a remake in the works but French bread is busy and Nasu hasn't written the scripts for it yet. Sion's route in UNIB is one big joke about how Nasu keeps forgetting about Tsukihime.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:48 am Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
Nice homophobia there.

It probably had to do with the knowledge that you'd also want them to be children. You do bring thing kind of information up in threads often.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:38 am Reply with quote
Incredible assumptions you pulled from your ass. I just wanna see manly dude!Mutsu with awesome chest muscles and shit. Thankfully, everyone from men to women play that game in Japan so "Kancolle genderswap" delivers results on Pixiv. God bless Fujoshi.

Sure, the loli ships would be shotas (or they all of a sudden creepy too?) but I like adult men too ya know. The guy just needs to admit that he'a a homophobe and deal with it instead of having you defend him.

Quote:
Melty blood is a canon TM work though... Sion and Ries are considered Tsukihime characters, hell Ries is even mentioned in Kara no Kyoukai as the head master for the school Azaka goes to.

Yes, Melty is canon but still, Type-Moon can't do anything about the series until French Bread actually continues to work on it.

Also HD Melty would be REALLY expensive given that all the sprites would have to redrawn so it might be a while even if they were gung-ho for it.
Animerican14

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:20 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Chagen46 wrote:
Nice homophobia there.

It probably had to do with the knowledge that you'd also want them to be children. You do bring thing kind of information up in threads often.

Basically what walw6pK4Alo said, but also (mainly) the fact that you decided to state "*licks lips*" to express your, uh, appetite. It'd be creepy if you didn't mention a genderswap. I think it'd be for the best if next time, you used language that didn't indicate that degree of perversion. It's sincere advice, dude. That's all.

Edit: Since posts thereafter were deleted, I'll just reitterate: by "that degree of perversion," I specifically meant (but too subtly alluded too) the lip-smacking spoiler[pedophilia-like] brand of perversion. I don't believe you are one, but that's what it first came across as through your language. It may not be my place, considering I'm not a mod, but it was more about forum etiquette than anything else to me. Beg my pardon for any misunderstanding. Fair enough?

Last edited by Animerican14 on Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
agila61

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:50 pm Reply with quote
RHorsman wrote:
Where's Crunchyroll's "JoJo's Bizarre Adventure" announcement? Or wait, was that actually real?

The prank was posting an announcement about such a high profile title on April Fool's day with such little information, getting the commentariat in a tizzy about whether it was a prank, only for it to turn out to be catalog and simulcast, worldwide ex-Japan.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:07 am Reply with quote
I so would watch an anime about a slaughtering angel.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3