• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Kill la Kill Episodes 13-24 Streaming

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:47 pm Reply with quote
ChibiKangaroo wrote:
I do think you are trying to make some good points here DuskyPredator, and I recognize that the show does use a lot of interesting symbolism and imagery, but I think unfortunately the vast majority of that cool symbolism and imagery is mostly just for that coolness factor (or for other nefarious purposes) and has virtually no deeper narrative meaning to it.

The most obvious example I can point to is the whole "chakra" aspect. I remember earlier in the show, myself and some others were complaining about how Ragyo kept molesting Satsuki and how we thought it was kind of crude and probably just there for fan service purposes.

I do think the whole chakra thing is mostly noise to anyone who does not have a strong knowledge of it and its possible meaning in application. I only have a fairly minor knowledge or interest in it so I had to look at the supposed meaning, which I kind of think for the religious references too, it is cool that they in there, but you can watch the whole show and not realise they are there.

Which I think might apply to some of the points I was making about some of the characters. You can watch the entire show and not realize how this show might relate to something like Gurren Lagann. Actually some early things I had a problem with was that I felt that the show was catering too much to fans of older anime, something I have almost no knowledge or interest in. My initial thoughts on Mako's family especially was that there was something recognisable for older fans, something about the way the father's mouth moved and the mother seemed to barely move at all. And I have learned that apparently a whole heap of characters share a lot of similarities to Cutey Honey, which from what I know is a magical girl show that maybe showed quite a bit of skin.

Giving full reasons feels quite hard as I think that I might have picked some things subconsciously, and I end up spending ages trying to write a post about why I thought something, but I think I started to pick up on the stuff I was more familiar with. It really could be just the fact that I am the type to go into overanalyses of symbolism like the type you get in OPs and EDs, two parts of an anime that can often kind of make little sense and tend to appear only to look cool.
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:01 pm Reply with quote
Rahxephon91 wrote:
Apollo-kun wrote:
Rahxephon91 wrote:
Apollo-kun wrote:
ChibiKangaroo wrote:
Rahxephon91 wrote:
Who the hell was looking for a high quality narrative experience with Kill La Kill?

Apparently, all the people who said that poor development was a negative for the show. Not everyone is satisfied by "it has a coolness to it, and that's all I care about."
Hit the nail right on the head. Some people demand more than "edgy" design and over-the-top zaniness in their shows. But, you know, we must just be thinking too hard about it, or something, right?
Actually yes you would be. And since you sadly can not turn off that mindset and look at something by its own merits, maybe you'd be better served by something that warrants that thought process.
And you, sadly, cannot turn off your mindset. See how silly that sounds? Different people have different opinions. There's no such thing as watching a thing "wrong," or playing a thing "wrong," or reading a thing "wrong." Unless, you know, you're inferring something radically different from what the show presents. As long as you can legitimately support your claims, you can make them, and they're not wrong. They're opinions, and like bumholes... well, you know the rest.

But please, continue to tell people that how they're watching it is wrong because it's not how you watch it. Which is, incidentally, an opinion.
oh please. Spare me this bull. This coming from a poster who's response to claiming a game sucked was "a lot of other people like it". Then had no response when an actual opinion was argued.

You're opinion here isn't even well argued. It amounts to "I'm super smart and I deem this show not smart so I guess it's overated". Said all without much reason.

There's no real argument or response to kill la kill from you.

No Kill La Kill is not some naunced master peice of storytelling. That is not a negative and something that can at all be held aginst the show. It isn't about that.

That wrong mindset does not all look at what the show does.

The characters are not deep. They aren't supposed to be. They are walking personifications of power sets, ideals, whatever. You don't like Sum.. because he's a deep character. You like him because he's the cool warrior who is so cool he dosent need eyes but can see through sense. It's a dumb idea and over the top, which fits the over the top insanity on display. So when he fights it's awesome to see what ridiculous things his powers will bring and how his personality interacts and adds to the style of the show.

The characters are all one note and you watch them to see what over the top cool thing they do. Excuting over the topness is an art. Which kill la kill does so well. From the plot, the story, the world, and the the actual directing. It all adds up to an anime that is so visualy exciting and entertaining to watch. It is style over any substance and it is so well. It's just so invintive and imganativly fun in what it does.

People say the 2nd half story tries. Hell no. The plot just becomes an excuse for more crazy things to happen. It is not a plot to take seriously. It is there for more fun things to happen.

So no, I'm sorry if your critique is the story was bad without any talk on how the show achieved this tone of over the top hyper activity or didn't do it well. If your critique is the show is bad because it lacks depth. Then no I'm sorry Kill La Kill is not for you. Your opinion is meaningless. You are not in the right mindset for this show. Nothing wrong with that of course. Never said people can't have diffrent taste. Your taste dosent line up with kill la kill.

Here is the thing about that argument that makes it faulty. You keep saying that any qualms people have with the show don't have the right mind set and shouldn't take anything in the show seriously. The problem I have with that kind of thinking is that you are basically saying the show should be free of criticism. It should be looked at a masterpiece that has absouletly no faults because the animation is part of it's style (even though the show reuses a gross amount of animations and shots that don't contribute to it's style at all) and the story doesn't matter because it shouldn't be taken seriously.

Sorry but even other shows like this and Space Dandy shouldn't get away with that luxury. Even more so in Kill la Kill's case since it does indeed try to have a story in the 2nd half. It attempts to make us feel for characters like Ryuko who got extremely upset when she found she was a life fiber monster. It tries to make us feel for her when Ragyo shows her the life that she secretly always wanted.
I don't think the show was screaming "DON'T TAKE THIS SERIOUS SITUATION SERIOUSLY FOLKS! THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE FUN TO WATCH!" at points like that. There were plenty of attempts to make us feel for the characters. But they mostly came off as horribly contrived.

You are also disregarding the fact that people also get bored seeing such a formulaic story play out so predictably. You seem to think that people can just sit through a story that has very little in the way of interesting aspects for 24 episodes and enjoy it just because it looks "cool". One of the reviewers i'm following on youtube summed up my thoughts pretty well. It's fine if the show is all about action and entertainment but it isn't wrong for people to want something more at some point. Constant action CAN get tiring for a viewer and that's pretty much all Kill la Kill has going for it.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:33 pm Reply with quote
leatherhead333 wrote:
Constant action CAN get tiring for a viewer and that's pretty much all Kill la Kill has going for it.

Kill la Kill had a lot more going for it than just constant action. It had humour, it had some endearing characters, it had imagination/creativity and it had visual flair.
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:33 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Here is the thing about that argument that makes it faulty. You keep saying that any qualms people have with the show don't have the right mind set and shouldn't take anything in the show seriously. The problem I have with that kind of thinking is that you are basically saying the show should be free of criticism. It should be looked at a masterpiece that has absouletly no faults because the animation is part of it's style (even though the show reuses a gross amount of animations and shots that don't contribute to it's style at all) and the story doesn't matter because it shouldn't be taken seriously.
Actually nope. That dosen't make it faulty, because it dosen't say that.

The show should be judged on what it is.

So the questions should be.

Was the action good? Where the situations actually well done? Where the characters actually fun? Did it actually keep up it's hyper activity? And So on.

Not was the story good? Because those arguments come from a pretty hilarious narrow minded of what is smart and well done. Not having a nuanced plot or deep characters dosen't actually mean Kill La Kill is bad or even badly written. Not when the writing is clever, creates a consistent tone and atmosphere that it never lets up, is constantly keeping the hyper activity, ect. Good writing is not just "we made a good metaphor with our character development blah blah". Kill La Kill is extremely well made in many ways.

The story isn't good in that way.

Quote:
I don't think the show was screaming "DON'T TAKE THIS SERIOUS SITUATION SERIOUSLY FOLKS! THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE FUN TO WATCH!" at points like that.
No, it was giving it's characters enough motivation and drive to make the story it's created work. That's what it was doing. The story in Kill La Kill serves a purpose and does it well. But it's purpose is not some great story that is really asking for you sit here and think too much about it.

Quote:
There were plenty of attempts to make us feel for the characters. But they mostly came off as horribly contrived.
For you I guess. I thought pretty much all of them made the characters likable and/or understandable. I'm not going to be able to write some 10 page paper about any of them, but I can understand what the character is. They have presence and personality which is more then I can say for other lesser action/ "fun" anime where the characters lack anything.

Quote:
You are also disregarding the fact that people also get bored seeing such a formulaic story play out so predictably.
Then don't watch Kill La Kill. There was really never anything boring going on in the show. It dosen't matter if it has a pretty predictable plot, it was done with style.

Quote:
You seem to think that people can just sit through a story that has very little in the way of interesting aspects for 24 episodes and enjoy it just because it looks "cool".
Because people who are looking for something that is well crafted action can? You seem to think that when you watch something it all has to hit this smart bar or something. No, you can easily watch different shows for different things. I'm not watching Kill La Kill to challenge my brain with nuanced and depth plots. I'll watch something else for that, probably not an anime. I'm watching Kill la Kill for the style and personality that it beats most anime at.

Quote:
It's fine if the show is all about action and entertainment but it isn't wrong for people to want something more at some point.
Then watch something else.

Quote:
Constant action CAN get tiring for a viewer and that's pretty much all Kill la Kill has going for it.
You're right. Kill La Kill has constant action and it does such a damn good job at it. Better then pretty much any other recent anime. How is that a problem or a flaw? Oh it's not, because thats what the show set out to do. On top of that it mixes that action with great humor and style into a mix that has so much personality that it can't stop be entertaining.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
Top Gun

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:36 pm Reply with quote
You know threads like these do an excellent job of illustrating people who just hate fun.
ChibiKangaroo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:42 pm Reply with quote
@Rahxephon91

You're not going to convince anyone that Kill la Kill is some masterpiece show by simply repeating over and over and over that "it's not for you." Claiming that another person's critical opinion on a show should be disregarded because "anyone who doesn't understand the greatness of Kill la Kill doesn't deserve to watch it and shouldn't be listened to" is a ridiculous argument. It's the same type of un-intellectual argument as any of the ignorant populace in the "Emperor's New Clothes" parable would make.
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:43 pm Reply with quote
That he mentioned Space Dandy as another show beneath his towering intelligence tells me all I need to know about his taste and his opinion of himself.
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:58 pm Reply with quote
ChibiKangaroo wrote:
@Rahxephon91

You're not going to convince anyone that Kill la Kill is some masterpiece show by simply repeating over and over and over that "it's not for you." Claiming that another person's critical opinion on a show should be disregarded because "anyone who doesn't understand the greatness of Kill la Kill doesn't deserve to watch it and shouldn't be listened to" is a ridiculous argument. It's the same type of un-intellectual argument as any of the ignorant populace in the "Emperor's New Clothes" parable would make.
Oh please.

First of all. It's not "anit-intellectual". I know you want to present yourself as some smart person who only likes shows that are "smart", but you're not winning any awards here.

Because clearly you don't actually understand the argument. The argument is'nt "don't try an disucuss Kill la Kill". No that would be anti intelectual. the argument is "lets actually look at Kill La Kill and what it's doing". You and everyone else who's agreeing with you basicly actually have the anti-intelectual argument thing going on. You seem to think there's one way for a show to be good. One way for something to actually be well done. It's a shallow idea of smart, because it only rewards one thing that makes the person who belive it feel smart. So because Kill La Kill is obviously and willingfuly stupid you feel the need to strike it down.

"oh it's all about action. It has no depth. Oh It's not on my level"

Missing the point enteraily and not actually looking at the craft behind Kill La Kill.

Do you come to something like The Raid and think it sucks because it's story is basic. Oh the story is bad so it must be bad.

No an actual smart person comes to the Raid and looks at what the hell the thing is about. What does the story do in the Raid? Well one it's not offensive and it works in service to what the movie is about. It gives enough reason and even enough character motivation for the action to happen. On top of that the action is wonderfully done. The Raid is a fantastic movie and extremely well done. Yes it is a really good action movie and thus a really good movie because it succeeds at everything it set out to do.

You're entire argument rests on the story of Kill La Kill. So no I'm sorry, the show is not for you. If that is you're take away. Your opinion really is not worthwhile. The show and what it offers is not in line with your taste. Thats fine. Thats ok. I'm the last person who should tell you about moe shows or romance shows, because I'm not geared into those things. My opinion there is not that valuable because I can not handle them.

When someones complaint is the story in a show like Kill La Kill, I'm sorry. I do not take that opinion seriously.

A show about evil clothes and a girl who fights with a broken piece of a giant scissor. Her enemy is a girl with an evil student council who seeks to invade other schools and this is all being manipulated by an evil Fashion company.

I'm sorry, but that is so wonderfully stupid.

It's like the people who complain about the over the toppness in Gurren Lagann. How it's stupid that they keep just yelling and being all hot blooded.

You don't get it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:04 pm Reply with quote
I was going to write out a long winded response but ChibiKangaroo summed up the jist of what i was going to say pretty well.

Zac wrote:
That he mentioned Space Dandy as another show beneath his towering intelligence tells me all I need to know about his taste and his opinion of himself.

Don't take that comment the wrong way Mr.Skeletor.

Space Dandy was easily my favorite show of this winter season. I wasn't saying that Space Dandy was a completely mindless show because i find it hilarious how blows my mind every weeks with it's unique and brilliant tone/theme settings. But i can still see why people have a problem with it. Since Space Dandy has an episodic formula the means of criticism come from whether or not an episode comes off as funny/interesting not really the series as a whole imo. For example many people have said that the first episode of Space Dandy was the weakest one of the entire series so far. But the series definitely picked up shortly after that.

There are episodes that are hit/miss for many people who watch Space Dandy. And that's just fine. I'm not going to say SCREW YOU FOR NOT LIKING A SHOW BECAUSE YOU CAN'T TAKE IT FOR WHAT IS! It's certainly not for everyone and that's fine. But i think it's just absurd for someone to say they shouldn't have any qualms with a show because they can't appreciate the style/story/presentation in it's entirety.

Last edited by leatherhead333 on Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
ChibiKangaroo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:05 pm Reply with quote
@Rahxephon91

Ok, I'm going to create an anime called "poop." It is going to be about poop. Poop will fly around. There may or may not be character names, but most if not all of them will be synonyms of poop. None of them will have any kind of interesting background to them, and they will spend most of their time sitting around being poop, or being flung around. There will probably be poop jokes and perhaps even some fart jokes.

I will make this anime, and you will call it a masterpiece because it did exactly what I was intending it to do. Thank you very much.
Ranho

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:18 pm Reply with quote
The fans of this show are WAY too defensive.

Not only that, they project THEIR own feelings onto others.

It's almost as though you're embarrassed that you like this show.

People who criticize this show are not doing so because their "oh so high" standards weren't met by the show.

They are criticizing the show because there are things that warrant criticism.

It isn't about high or low standards.

It is about what "Kill la Kill" doesn't do right i.e. a LOT of things, the biggest offender being that...sad excuse for a story. Yup, even if it's all just dumb fun the dumb fun was given to us in story form...unlike say, Jackass, the MTV show, which is just a collection of scenes involving people having dumb fun.

Excuses like "It's a turn off your brain anime" and "it's fun, woohoo!" are simply just that, excuses.

Not only that, they're YOUR own standards you're trying to force down the throats of people who see the shows demerits as well as its merits.

Let's take the guy who mentioned Sora no Otoshimono for example: that show, like Kill la Kill, is just "turn off your brain" action comedy with fan-service galore and pretty art to boot.

But "oh my god, what's this!" its plot structure isn't as incoherent as Kill la Kill's. Not only that when it tries to make you feel for its one dimensional characters it goes ALL THE WAY.

None of that contrived bull butter such as Ryuuko's insanely quick recovery to losing Senketsu when an episode before she was moping about because she lost it.

Hey, look at that even by "Turn Off Your Brain Anime" standards, Kill la Kill still comes out in second place.

Quit forcing your standards onto others.

And that whole "You're watching it wrong" counter is the single most stupid thing I've ever read on the internet ever.

Talk about a high horse.
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:19 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Ok, I'm going to create an anime called "poop." It is going to be about poop.
Ok. Will you execute this idea well?

Quote:
Poop will fly around.
Ok will it be well directed and visually entertaining like Kill La Kill is? So much so that pretty much every action scene isn't boring to watch just like Kill La Kill?

Quote:
There may or may not be character names,
Oh well that dosen't sound like Kill La Kill where the characters not only have names ,but are distinctly recognizable and understandable.

Quote:
but most if not all of them will be synonyms of poop.
Ok, so there going to be charater troupes? Nothing wrong with that. Most characters in every anime are pretty un-orginal and can fit into a pre-made character type. It's really how you do them that makes them entertaining. Kill La Kill does this well with Gamagoori. There's nothing original about him, but his visual design is great. Also how the show directs his figure always leads to a fun visual gag, so it makes him memorable. Plus the extremely wacky BDSM stuff adds a layer of insanity with helps sell the pure ridiculousness of the show. Plus since the character troupe isn't handled poorly and Gama is pretty likable in all his actions, the character becomes pretty cool and I like watching him. I hope you're stereotypical poop characters are even half as well done.

Quote:
None of them will have any kind of interesting background to them,
Well that dosen't sound like Kill La Kill then. Too bad, because in Kill La Kill all of the characters have a fun tick that plays out well in the show. I mean I just talked about Gamagoori. But Sanageyama is also awesome. The entire "I can see everything" thing makes his fights very dynamic and cool, which is great for an action show like this. I hope then when you make your poop show you can learn from all the good things Kill La Kill does to add style to and personality. Personality is what you need in your poop show.

Quote:
and they will spend most of their time sitting around being poop, or being flung around.
Well I hope you have a good director. Because man the direction in Kill La Kill has so much flair. The writing has great and clever comedic timing. So it makes even the boring stuff great to look at. Since the writing is so good it never lets off the hyperactivity and is thus always engaging.

Quote:
There will probably be poop jokes and perhaps even some fart jokes.
Ok cool. Dumb jokes can be good. It really comes down to the execution. I hope you're not stupid enough to think you're two good for well played humor.

Quote:
I will make this anime, and you will call it a masterpiece because it did exactly what I was intending it to do.
Hey if you do this stupid premise well like Kill La Kill did then anythings possible. But it will take real talent in visual direction, clever writing, and whatnot to do that. Because those things are hard and Kill La Kill is a real testament to using those to success.

Quote:
Thank you very much.
No thank you for actually proving how wrong you are. I really could'nt have done it without you making a post that missed so completely like this.

I mean really.....you thought you'd just ignore the argument that people have been making Kill La Kill. About how it does what it does so well. You really thought by making a dumb comparison like this, which completely ignores pretty much everything Kill La Kill does well. You'd actually make a point?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Quote:
And that whole "You're watching it wrong" counter is the single most stupid thing I've ever read on the internet ever.
You should read your post then. The one that you made an account for just to embarrass yourself with. I mean no one dosen't think Kill La Kill is stupid.

Also Sora no Otoshimono is quite possibly the ugliest anime out there. It dosen't even come close to how great Kill la Kill looks and it sure dosen't have its style. It also has pretty annoying characters who I neither think are cool or tolerable. Can't say that about Kill La Kill. All of them are cool and entertaining. The complaint is they are one note. Boo hoo. Like I care in a show like Kill La Kill.

Last edited by Rahxephon91 on Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
ChibiKangaroo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:35 pm Reply with quote
@Rahxephon91

The point is, you keep saying that as long as a show does exactly what it is intending to do, nothing else matters. No critical standards of any type can be applied to it, no generally accepted norms can be used to criticize it, story won't matter, having well constructed characters won't matter, having the writing be consistent or the art/animation be technically good doesn't matter. Nothing will matter and nothing can be criticized in any way, as long as it does exactly what it is intending to do. That is your position, and it is ridiculous.
Ranho

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:38 pm Reply with quote
Rahxephon91 wrote:
ChibiKangaroo wrote:
@Rahxephon91

Oh please.

First of all. It's not "anit-intellectual". I know you want to present yourself as some smart person who only likes shows that are "smart", but you're not winning any awards here.

Because clearly you don't actually understand the argument. The argument is'nt "don't try an disucuss Kill la Kill". No that would be anti intelectual. the argument is "lets actually look at Kill La Kill and what it's doing". You and everyone else who's agreeing with you basicly actually have the anti-intelectual argument thing going on. You seem to think there's one way for a show to be good. One way for something to actually be well done. It's a shallow idea of smart, because it only rewards one thing that makes the person who belive it feel smart. So because Kill La Kill is obviously and willingfuly stupid you feel the need to strike it down.

"oh it's all about action. It has no depth. Oh It's not on my level"

Missing the point enteraily and not actually looking at the craft behind Kill La Kill.

Do you come to something like The Raid and think it sucks because it's story is basic. Oh the story is bad so it must be bad.

No an actual smart person comes to the Raid and looks at what the hell the thing is about. What does the story do in the Raid? Well one it's not offensive and it works in service to what the movie is about. It gives enough reason and even enough character motivation for the action to happen. On top of that the action is wonderfully done. The Raid is a fantastic movie and extremely well done. Yes it is a really good action movie and thus a really good movie because it succeeds at everything it set out to do.

You're entire argument rests on the story of Kill La Kill. So no I'm sorry, the show is not for you. If that is you're take away. Your opinion really is not worthwhile. The show and what it offers is not in line with your taste. Thats fine. Thats ok. I'm the last person who should tell you about moe shows or romance shows, because I'm not geared into those things. My opinion there is not that valuable because I can not handle them.

When someones complaint is the story in a show like Kill La Kill, I'm sorry. I do not take that opinion seriously.

A show about evil clothes and a girl who fights with a broken piece of a giant scissor. Her enemy is a girl with an evil student council who seeks to invade other schools and this is all being manipulated by an evil Fashion company.

I'm sorry, but that is so wonderfully stupid.

It's like the people who complain about the over the toppness in Gurren Lagann. How it's stupid that they keep just yelling and being all hot blooded.

You don't get it.

Dude, that last line "You don't get it" sums you up all nice like.

YOU are the one sitting on a high horse here. YOU are the one who's standards are on display here NOT the people who think Kill la Kill's story left much to be desired.

If we aren't supposed to judge Kill la Kill's story then it shouldn't have been released in story form at all but as a set of still images.

Even THEN people would still look for meaning from the still images and guess what, if very shallow meaning was found or no meaning was found at all there'd be criticism.

There is the technical side to anime (art, music, composition, voice work etc) and there is the narrative side.

To disregard one side when appraising a work in this form is not only impossible but stupid to suggest.

Kill la Kill's narrative side was piss poor regardless of whatever the show made itself out to be in the beginning.

Not by my standards, by "Turn Off Your Brain" anime standards.

You know, High School of the Dead, Sora no Otoshimono and all that other good stuff you turn to when you just want to laugh at stupidity.

Rein in that obnoxious passion of yours, makes you look like a hypocrite.
Ranho

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:40 pm Reply with quote
Rahxephon91 wrote:
Quote:
Ok, I'm going to create an anime called "poop." It is going to be about poop.
Ok. Will you execute this idea well?

Quote:
Poop will fly around.
Ok will it be well directed and visually entertaining like Kill La Kill is? So much so that pretty much every action scene isn't boring to watch just like Kill La Kill?

Quote:
There may or may not be character names,
Oh well that dosen't sound like Kill La Kill where the characters not only have names ,but are distinctly recognizable and understandable.

Quote:
but most if not all of them will be synonyms of poop.
Ok, so there going to be charater troupes? Nothing wrong with that. Most characters in every anime are pretty un-orginal and can fit into a pre-made character type. It's really how you do them that makes them entertaining. Kill La Kill does this well with Gamagoori. There's nothing original about him, but his visual design is great. Also how the show directs his figure always leads to a fun visual gag, so it makes him memorable. Plus the extremely wacky BDSM stuff adds a layer of insanity with helps sell the pure ridiculousness of the show. Plus since the character troupe isn't handled poorly and Gama is pretty likable in all his actions, the character becomes pretty cool and I like watching him. I hope you're stereotypical poop characters are even half as well done.

Quote:
None of them will have any kind of interesting background to them,
Well that dosen't sound like Kill La Kill then. Too bad, because in Kill La Kill all of the characters have a fun tick that plays out well in the show. I mean I just talked about Gamagoori. But Sanageyama is also awesome. The entire "I can see everything" thing makes his fights very dynamic and cool, which is great for an action show like this. I hope then when you make your poop show you can learn from all the good things Kill La Kill does to add style to and personality. Personality is what you need in your poop show.

Quote:
and they will spend most of their time sitting around being poop, or being flung around.
Well I hope you have a good director. Because man the direction in Kill La Kill has so much flair. The writing has great and clever comedic timing. So it makes even the boring stuff great to look at. Since the writing is so good it never lets off the hyperactivity and is thus always engaging.

Quote:
There will probably be poop jokes and perhaps even some fart jokes.
Ok cool. Dumb jokes can be good. It really comes down to the execution. I hope you're not stupid enough to think you're two good for well played humor.

Quote:
I will make this anime, and you will call it a masterpiece because it did exactly what I was intending it to do.
Hey if you do this stupid premise well like Kill La Kill did then anythings possible. But it will take real talent in visual direction, clever writing, and whatnot to do that. Because those things are hard and Kill La Kill is a real testament to using those to success.

Quote:
Thank you very much.
No thank you for actually proving how wrong you are. I really could'nt have done it without you making a post that missed so completely like this.

I mean really.....you thought you'd just ignore the argument that people have been making Kill La Kill. About how it does what it does so well. You really thought by making a dumb comparison like this, which completely ignores pretty much everything Kill La Kill does well. You'd actually make a point?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Quote:
You should read your post then. The one that you made an account for just to embarrass yourself with. I mean no one dosen't think Kill La Kill is stupid.

Also Sora no Otoshimono is quite possibly the ugliest anime out there. It dosen't even come close to how great Kill la Kill looks and it sure dosen't have its style. It also has pretty annoying characters who I neither think are cool or tolerable. Can't say that about Kill La Kill. All of them are cool and entertaining. The complaint is they are one note. Boo hoo. Like I care in a show like Kill La Kill.

Oh... look who's standards aren't being met NOW. (ugliest anime, huh?)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10