• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
La Corda d'Oro Blue Sky (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
phia_one

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:19 pm Reply with quote
Ep 3

Yeah, I think I'm most likely going to drop this. Everything just seems so bland and the melodrama is irritating.
BrokenByDefault

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:49 am Reply with quote
I had such high hopes for this show, but so far it's just fallen flat... Not only is the plot boring, but the main character is such a pushover. spoiler[How can she let Reiji beat up her friend and then threaten her, and just sit there and take it? Not to mention letting some random guy claim her as his girlfriend and letting him kiss her.]

I'll give it a few more episodes, though. I really want to find out spoiler[what the relationship between Kanade and Reiji is all about.]
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:52 pm Reply with quote
Oh great another reverse harem lead that just gets swayed by whatever cute boy comes along........jesus why is this always a theme in shows like this? I hate it when women are given such submissive personalities. Some random guy that she barely knows manages to make her like silly putty in his hands in mere minutes. It's beyond ridiculously stupid and i find absouletly no appeal behind a character like this.
Gewürtztraminer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:01 pm Reply with quote
leatherhead333 wrote:
Some random guy that she barely It's beyond ridiculously stupid and i find absouletly no appeal behind a character like this.

Add to this for me, the overabundance of seemingly over angry hotheads/psychopaths (really, a world class violinist would suckerpunch someone, risking what is essentially his life just to show everyone he is a colossal douche....) or just angry/melancholy.

Actually after typing all that out, she may have already decided on who was the best choice and is just way ahead of us.

I liked the first one, but this one is going to be tough to make it to the end.
phia_one

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:43 pm Reply with quote
leatherhead333 wrote:
Oh great another reverse harem lead that just gets swayed by whatever cute boy comes along........jesus why is this always a theme in shows like this? I hate it when women are given such submissive personalities.

So real life girls/women can imagine themselves in the main leads place. It's something I've never really been able to understand. I mean, most of the guys in these things aren't very appealing personality wise.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:25 am Reply with quote
Episode 3

That guy was a creep, is she sure that he was not going to drug her or something, what kind of guy says things like that, before she knows it she could wake up in some sort of cage. Although that might be something that other guy might do. And shouldn't they actually submit an official complaint for spoiler[that guy punching him]? It was entirely unprovoked, and he is supposed to be his school's star.
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:16 pm Reply with quote
I somehow managed to make it through this series............not one of the best decisions I've ever made.

I really forgot that this was a reverse harem about midway through. Where this anime botched up was that it was trying to hard to be dramatic when it should have been focusing on Kohinata's relationship with all the boys. Myoga's obsession with Kohinata is dumb no matter how many times i look at it. How on earth do you consider someone taking pity on you a humiliation worse than death? Give me a break...

Most of the boys don't get any time with her at all. They get shoved to the side while a select few get some development and personal time with her. You just can't do that! That's what they teach you in harem 101! Going into this I expected the focus to be on the music itself and the characters. Not how some emo boy who lost his parents gets all upset about someone taking pity on him so much that he decides to hate her his entire life. They don't really talk about music AT ALL actually. One of the things I appreciate about anime is when they take the time to explain how the inner working of things like sports and other activities work. That's one of the main reasons i loved silver spoon because I actually learned quite a few things I didn't know about farming in it. Here it's all about how their emotions come into play with the music. Not necessarily a bad thing i guess but it is indeed cheesy.

I suppose the worst part of the series for me was Kanade. She constantly gets effected by every little thing people say to her. Myoga alone saying "I will crush you" conflicted her for like 2 whole episodes. She annoyed me practically the whole time because she falls into the usual position of most girls in reverse harems being extremely submissive with no sense of determination. She should really take lessons from Yui in Kamgami Razz.
st_owly

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:39 am Reply with quote
So, they basically took everything that was good about the original La Corda series and ditched it to make it more like a generic reverse harem. So disappointed by this show. The characters had no personality and I didn't care about them at all by the end. I couldn't even be sure what their names were.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:46 am Reply with quote
Leiji: "You know I can see your panties, right?" That last mass hallucination was one for the record books, with the hawk landing on whatsisname's arm, and the deer and butterflies and squirrels...and Leiji in his little sphere of hateful darkness. Very Happy

I made it all the way through, but it got so boring that at one point I started counting all the "huh?"s and quizzical vocalizations that Kohinata made, after she let out 3 of them in the first 30 seconds of the episode. I think the total was somewhere around 25 or so, and that wasn't even counting all the times she just echoed what someone had just said. That was honestly more entertaining than the episode.
Lynxikat

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:42 pm Reply with quote
So I'm four episodes into La Corda, and with each episode I've gotten less and less interested in it. The first episode seemed promising, but it's turning into a dud for me. I liked that it seemed more focused on the music than the harem-aspect, but that may be the problem with the show.

There are so many characters, that we hardly get to see Kanade interact and form relationships with the guys that seemed to be the main rivals in the harem.
MaxSouth

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:04 am Reply with quote
Things I hate:
1) whole drama about naming two main heroes to be spoiler["second violin"] is fake as in real life either club's president would never make such move before arranging internal competition (the most likely variant), or he would have such an impeccable authority that no one would even think of doubting his choice; regular members of the club would be fully sure in abilities of people president have chosen;
2) the main heroine is empty-headed cliché, falling into hallucinations right before an important test, and being late (and she can't understand that if she is practising and as day goes she comes to be under direct sun she has to move, even though even a chicken would understand that);
3) male sky-coloured hair character is made according to "annoyingly angry type" cliché;
4) depiction of rivalry raised to such a ridiculous level that some characters look and sound more like they are going to bust each other with magical blasts rather than play a delicate violin;
5) characters start to react all surprised and impressed just after hearing the first note of somebody playing.

Things I love:
1) the very fact that this is classical music-oriented anime, which is incredibly rare -- I applaud authors just for that alone;
2) the colours are so beautiful, it is rare as most of other anime use so regular and mundane palette that I never even notice colours there;
3) beautiful buildings and backgrounds.
MaxSouth

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:54 am Reply with quote
Episode #6: main heroine is unbearable: supposedly, she has performed since being little, and yet she has shown to be useless, thinking about irrelevant stuff right before and during competition. Not believable in the slightest. While contestants certainly can get nervous, it does not happen because of the outside nonsense like that in this anime. I hate harem shows for doing this to women, it is insulting depiction.

Also, I doubt that after messing the beginning of performance, it could be considered a winner in comparison to competing ensemble, which has done the routine flawlessly.
MaxSouth

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:34 am Reply with quote
Episode #7: just when you think that you hate main heroine the most, it turns out that ever-angry cliche guy type is even worse.

When you feel the urge to be violent towards two of three main heroes of the show, it is not a good sign. Laughing
MaxSouth

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:10 am Reply with quote
In episode #8 and later, main heroine has continued to have hallucinations, as well as exposed not only an incapable mind, but also incapable memory even about quite remarkable events. Truly an empty-head character.

In one of earlier episodes, one of violists, the ever-angry guy, is shown trying to grab violin belonging to another -- not realistic move at all, only made up to invent drama out of thin air.

Some characters have mysterious illnesses that make no sense other than being cheap way to, again, invent drama.

Also, some male characters are voiced by women, what for the depicted age of characters means that they have severe illnesses that hamper with their fertility.

One of metaphors used throughout the show is "narrow sky", which is lame, because however "narrow" the sky is, it is limitless anyway.

Later episodes show a grave crime happening, but its just called "terrible behavior", and the culprit never shown being caught and jailed for decades.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2