• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Haikyu!! (TV) (all seasons).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CrowLia

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:35 pm Reply with quote
I wish I had something to say, but I always end up feeling there is not enough words to praise how beautifully executed this show has been. It's amazing that with such a large cast and over such a short period of time, we've been able to love and understand them all, and it feels amazing when a series pulls that off along with the pertinent emotions and fun. I did feel the scene of Kspoiler[ageyama and Hinata running around the court screaming] felt a little bit too much, but I'm still giving it a Masterpiece, because it stands as such a wonderful example of how to do a sports series and how to portray camraderie and sportsmanship and the feelings of coming-of-age teenagers. It's just so well done and there's not a single episode that dragged or seemed rushed or off. Seriously hoping for a S2 announcement soon (and given how popular it is and how much it's selling, my hopes should't be too off-base)
CYNRHEL

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:50 pm Reply with quote
Ah, really each episode are so great! spoiler[even though they lost to Aoba Johsai ] the battle was intense that I couldn't blink an eye Laughing

of course, after seeing that ep. 25 was like Crying or Very sad I felt why it have to come to an ending. Oh, gawd! this was soooo good. And now I am looking forward to next season and Definitely going to wait Wink
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:10 pm Reply with quote
Found a treat in my mailbox today! I pre-ordered the first BD set a little while back, which had a release date of June 2 (and still shows that at Rightstuf's site). So I was pretty astonished to find it released more than a month ahead of schedule.

Now I just need another Sentai sale to get the second set and Kamigami no Asobi. Smile
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:47 pm Reply with quote
Season 2, episode 1:

That was fun. Seeing the players like Hinata and everyone else back on the court was really neat.

I also liked the comedy as usual like the ending they pulled there.
Good to see that they have strong rivals to overcome as well. I love how Hinata declared that he will compete in the Nationals with that pride. Great stuff imo.

Hoping this season will also be 2-couragain. (is that confirmed yet?) This was a wonderful way for the show to return. Loved he new OP song as well.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:14 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
Now I just need another Sentai sale to get the second set and Kamigami no Asobi. Smile

Done and done. Anime smallmouth Just finished watching 14-25 to get in the groove.

Asahi's looking a bit scragglier this season with the hairband (which seems backwards), but that looks like the only major change in character designs. Looks like we're getting an apprentice manager. I loved Hinata's steal at the end, and the shot with the face off between black and white birds and nature and concrete was a nice image, and is probably this season in a nutshell. Looks like it's gonna be great.
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:11 am Reply with quote
Love love love! X3333 Haikyuu!! is baaaaaaaaaackkkkk!!!

Totally cracked up at the end. I love how they abruptly stopped the BGM. I was just thinking that it would be hilarious if they did that too. Anime hyper
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:16 am Reply with quote
Does anyone happen to know how the first season release is doing for Sentai? Common wisdom said it was a big risk, being a sports anime, and I was just wondering if it paid off.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:17 am Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 1

Yay, it is back! A good comeback too. I know something I will be happy to continue watching this season.

Although that change hair style. But a new manager.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:23 am Reply with quote
Hinata and Kagyama are still the same ^^
It's always fun watching those two.
They found new motivation, that's for sure!
Guess we'll have more school this season, not just volleyball.
Nice first episode.
Felt just right!
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:19 pm Reply with quote
Thank god Haikyu is back to knock me out of my anime/manga sabbatical! Luckily I saw a Facebook post about it otherwise I'd be none the wiser!

What a wonderful first episode to bring back the fun and high energy Haikyu had in abundance last season. I'm glad the arc for this season has been set out so clearly this early on and hopefully with only a few training episodes to break us back in we will enter the Tokyo practice matches then straight into the next tournament.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:21 pm Reply with quote
Episode 2

A bit slower than last ep, with some retreading of old ground, but in a delightful way. Plus new girl. Smile She's already shining in her role, outpacing the usual shy girl trope. I honestly hope she and Hinata become friends and not love interests. I'd also like to see some more backstory on some of the players like Tsukishima (Kechishima Laughing).

Nice to have Galileo Galilei for the ED.

I really wish Sentai had given this series a dub so I could concentrate more on all the facial expressions. Smile
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:19 pm Reply with quote
Season 2, episode 2:

Saeko is awesome, I like her presence this season already so hope to see more of her.

Not much volleyball this week but we do get a lot of comedy.
I think Hitoka should be more confident in herself though and not compare herself with others. A lot of funny facial expressions this episode. Comedy gold.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:09 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:

Nice to have Galileo Galilei for the ED.

Agreed, I loved both of their songs from Anohana.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:55 am Reply with quote
Schoolwork problems..
Time to get serious about their grades!
Judging by this, sport & good grades just don't go together.
Time to make a serious effort if they want to go to Tokyo.
spoiler[Kageyama] was the worst when it came to studying LOL
I half expected him to be some kind of a nerd, but nope..
spoiler[Yachi, the new future manager just got her hands full tutoring baka players..
Damn, that girl was so timid that it was ROFL
Is she gona survive?]
LOL
Princess_Irene
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:44 am Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
Plus new girl. Smile She's already shining in her role, outpacing the usual shy girl trope. I honestly hope she and Hinata become friends and not love interests.

Agreed!! She's already a great addition to the cast and adds a new dynamic without feeling like The Token Girl. (Kiyoko was too much in the background of season one to feel that way, I thought.)

But regardless of how her relationship with Hinata turns out, I think that other guy is going to be kicking himself for suggesting that Hinata and Kageyama ask her to tutor them...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 15 of 23