• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Haikyu!! (TV) (all seasons).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:32 am Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 12

Few things make someone as cool as facing an enemy they know that they have little chance to beat, but still put in their all and fight tooth and nail. I remember something about that earlier, I feel like it was either in this series, Baby Steps or Yowamushi Pedal.

I thought that it would be a quick no match to show Karasuno is strong against an easily unlikable team, until I remembered that this is Haikyuu. We were going to be shown that the other team are people too with their own hopes, dreams, and struggles. In a short time it could convey an entire story effectively. I must say I cheered for them also fight back a bit.

Lol at Tanaka calling the other team a bunch of punks and going into... Buddhist mode? Also Kiyoko internally commenting on him looking good with a banana, likely thinking he is like a monkey. Tanaka is one of my favourite characters in this show.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:32 pm Reply with quote
I think Tanaka and Kiyoko would make a great ship at the end of this all. Laughing
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 3:37 pm Reply with quote
Episode 13:

Good episode, a lot of noticeable plays in particular with Hinata. Speaking of which, he's got a cute lunchbox wrap lmao

I like the buildup towards the end up as well. I think that sets up for a potential future match. The synchronized play in this episode were also pretty neat. I'd like to see more of that for the season.

Lol, Hinata was pretty funny this episode. Glad that he came to Kiyoko's help.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:20 am Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 13

The episode did an especially good job with showing how they themselves have grown. Although a bit intimidated by such a tall opponent, rather than fall apart, they simply found another way around their opponent, a one trick pony cannot stand up to a coordinated team.

I liked the moment like when the glasses guy told the tall guy to not worry about following Hinata that much, just follow the ball, good advice since Hinata has historically been set as decoy. But then they see the Kageyama's pass, and that with Hinata that is not going to work. Minus tempo was so cool. And also the team feint of who is going to hit. Little moments too like captain bringing the others in for messing around, that joke is back from when we first met the older students, and it is still funny.

Now that they can play smarter, I wonder how they will go up against old opponents like the iron wall.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:18 am Reply with quote
That tall guy was a problem.
It was hard to get the ball past him.
Yet somehow Karasuno managed to counter him.
Well, it was a spoiler[nice & well deserved win for our team] ^^
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:37 pm Reply with quote
Season 2, episode 14:

Fabulous episode, loved it especially the new OP song and buildup for the upcoming match.

It felt a little slow with some of the game mechanics but still fairly appealing. Good episode overall. Really hope the upcoming match is worth watching. Remember, timing in volleyball matters~

I think that will make a difference. Guess we'll have to see.
Lol, the disguise...he tried.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:07 pm Reply with quote
Poor Hinata just needs to locate another men's room. That can't be the only one in the building. Also, the mid-air freeze was epic. If they could just learn to do that on the court...
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:05 am Reply with quote
Kageyama seems to be more open now, at least in how he is a bit of a goof despite how gloomy he can appear.

Also Hinata has the worst toilet timing.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:43 pm Reply with quote
Season 2, episode 15:

Unpredictable team and plays can be so dangerous~

I probably shouldn't be laughing but Tobio getting hit in the face and the nosebleed was priceless this episode. Pretty fun match, probably the most entertaining one of this season so far imo. There's just something special I feel about Johzenji and their unorthodox teamwork interesting to watch.

Lol, the spanking jokes...
I'm glad they're able to execute the flow of the match with the comedy in such an entertaining way. Looking forward to the next episode especially with Johzenji all fired up now.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:02 pm Reply with quote
"It's bleeding. Why would you lie about that?" Laughing

I liked Aone getting mad on Hinata's behalf. He has certainly made some unlikely allies along the way.

I wonder how Tsukki really feels about his glasses? He's all, no big deal about it, but aside from them being a touching gift from big bro, does he feel cooler in them?

Just those guys begging to be condescendingly scolded was priceless even before they got their payoff. Very Happy Those two are going to end up in some strange relationships down the road...
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:51 am Reply with quote
spoiler[Karasuno vs Johzenji.
Let the qualifiers begin!]

That team sure had some interesting plays.
Felt like I was watching a real game.
Really enjoyed this episode ^^
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:32 am Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 15

Don't know how I always get surprised when Haikyuu really makes me like the other team also. They were kind of fun, but also growth at being told to finally play seriously. They kind of reminded me of a game in Baby Steps.

That is the second time he has been hit in the head. At least it was not Hinata this time.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:30 pm Reply with quote
Season 2, episode 16:

Good episode. Loved the energy of both matches with the non stop action with the gameplays.

I'm starting to like Wakunan as well with the way they motivate themselves to win. Great to see Saeko back again this episode as well. Karasuno still has a good edge in the match until that weird ending. Hope Daichi will be okay...but his shoulder might be hurt?
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:55 pm Reply with quote
Great game with Johzenji ^^
Time to move on.
spoiler[Wakunan is next!
Those guys sure can play.
Karsuno is gonna have to do something new to surprise them.
This isn't going to be an easy game..
And now Daichi...]
what a cliffhanger!!
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:44 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Season 2, episode 16: Hope Daichi will be okay...but his shoulder might be hurt?

I think it's worse than that. It looked like he slammed into Tanaka's arm head first. Or else Tanaka uppercut him with his fist while trying to hit the ball, and Daichi still got it over before going down. It's hard to tell yet.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 19 of 23