• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Haikyu!! (TV) (all seasons).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:36 am Reply with quote
Aoba Johsai guys sure lived through each play LOL
That yellow head was a total wild card!
Oikawa was pissing off Kageyama..
He was pissing off the whole Karasuno team.
Things aren't looking good at all..
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:04 am Reply with quote
The double setter play was pretty cool. Well they know the weakness of the Mad Dog is getting him to receive, which now that I think about it is probably HInata's weakness too. Only it was making it obvious where they were aiming for.

Are we going to see something from the pinch server?
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 5:11 pm Reply with quote
Season 2, episode 22:

Pretty solid match, a good comeback for Karasuno this week. Now the match will be determined by the final round and I'm hyped for it.

The music improved too imo especially in the second half of the episode. It's like what the players themselves mentioned, this is their most intense match yet. No understatement there.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:14 pm Reply with quote
That whole episode was great. I knew they had to lose the game since we still have 3 (?) episodes to go, which is not enough to do anything with besides play a third game, but it didn't matter, I was still on the edge of my seat.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:30 am Reply with quote
Yamaguchi was pretty awesome this episode. They kind of built up the pressure that it was Hinata he was replacing, and they just took it until it was hugely climatic.

Really exciting and really fun to watch. You cannot help but make predictions from the episode count, but still edge of your seat stuff.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:51 am Reply with quote
No. 12 was a nice surprise.
Putting him in the game was a good choice!
Yamaguchi was amazing!!
He was their ace. Their knight in shining armor.
A hail marry when they needed it the most.
And most importantly.. he came through for them!!
Still, it wasn't enough to win so fast.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:15 pm Reply with quote
Season 2, episode 23:

Lol they really got the Mad Dog (#16) mad this episode.

Exciting match. I liked the plays between both teams and the match analysis too. By this pacing, I expect this final set to conclude the series with what it has to offer. Not too surprising considering that there's not too much to adapt after this. It's always interesting to see the background story about certain players though including the Mad Dog.

Such an awesome cliffhanger. This is one of these few times that I got excited rather than "damn, the waiting game begins". And lol, did they accidentally invent a new move? Funny.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:55 pm Reply with quote
"There is! There's base!" lol

Man, Mad Dog was one intense little kid.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:47 am Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
"There is! There's base!" lol

I liked that line too.

Always rising tension. Kind of crazy to consider how many episodes this show has actually had.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:36 pm Reply with quote
Season 2, episode 24:

I just have two words:
Amazing match.

Got everything I had expected: teamwork, risks, extraordinary serves, supreme soundtrack, and the dynamics of the gameplay was just phenomenal. Grats to Karasuno though. It was a close game after all.

One more episode left...these guys have really come far.
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:23 pm Reply with quote
Jeez I literally had butterflies in my stomach throughout the whole of that episode. During the last rally I sat up in suspense more than once and let out shouts; I have not done that in quite a while. One of the best episodes I have seen.

Looking forward to a less tense episode next week Laughing and how thay set up for season 3
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:51 pm Reply with quote
^ Has that been confirmed yet? I can't imagine them not doing another season, but I'm often dumbfounded by the decisions of the purse-string keepers. Smile

I love how they can keep me on edge even knowing what the outcome has to be. They always make the journey so awesome.

What a match point! ::bliss::
CrowLia

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:53 pm Reply with quote
^Yes, the news came out this week that they're doing S3 for Fall season this year (too soon, if you ask me)

I'm purposefully neglecting watching the episode because I know what happens and while I love Karasuno and I'm happy for them, I also love Iwaizumi and Oikawa too much and I'm not ready to see them hurt ;----;
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:05 am Reply with quote
Holy crap, amazing episode!! Possibly the best one to date? I'm sure I forgot to breathe several times. The animation was at its best with thick lines for power shots and just really fluid motion overall. Wow!

I'm really glad they didn't stretch the match to the last episode. This means we can have a bit of a wind-down in the finale. With both Haikyuu!! and Dia no A ending this season, I'm going to be out of a good sports anime for a while. ;__; Can't wait for the third season!!
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:29 am Reply with quote
Oh my god it was a dramatic episode, you really probably could forget to breathe through all the action. Kind of hard to even put a lot of how good it was.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 21 of 23