• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Non Non Biyori Rural Comedy Anime Gets 2nd Season

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sunflower

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:15 am Reply with quote
I was just thinking yesterday how much I missed that show! It's so peaceful and sweet and Renge is pretty special. Maybe the brother will finally get a line of dialogue this time! ;D
einhorn303

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:27 am Reply with quote
phia_one wrote:
I'd be interested in seeing more so long as they don't milk Haru's "OMG I LOVE SENPAI"

I'm just a yuri fanboy, but that was one of my favorite parts from the series. And hey, one does have to admit that Koma-chan is adorable.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:07 am Reply with quote
Yes maybe that guy can finely speak one word this time
melmouth

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:34 am Reply with quote
This show made me relaxed and a bit happy, just like "Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou" (manga).
Kougeru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:35 am Reply with quote
thank goodness
Lusbox

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:39 am Reply with quote
Yes!
Catseyetiger

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:46 pm Reply with quote
Now only if CR would stream it!

that would be neat!
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:23 pm Reply with quote
einhorn303 wrote:
phia_one wrote:
I'd be interested in seeing more so long as they don't milk Haru's "OMG I LOVE SENPAI"

I'm just a yuri fanboy, but that was one of my favorite parts from the series. And hey, one does have to admit that Koma-chan is adorable.

Yes but Haru had two things to her - being new and liking Koma. And she's all out of being new.

But this is great news for the show itself, especially if it becomes "Renge and !".
TG72

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:44 pm Reply with quote
One whole year went by in season one. Shouldn't the older brother be heading off to high school now?

Natsumi should be in her final year at the school if she passed (far from a sure bet!). Seeing how the group deals with that would make for a decent storyline. They won't be together forever after all.

Also, I hope Renge gets to see her summer friend again...
bs3311

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:21 pm Reply with quote
I feel somewhat ashamed of skipping this show for AOT only. Watched the first episode expecting nothing, but I came out with something.

A cool country premise with characters that are FINALLY not entirely highschool students. And with there actions not following the entire otaku stereotypes, but actual children. I know more than 5 of my female relatives that are in the 1st grade in japans terms that act just like Ren-chan sometimes. But the, "Nyanpassu" is her unique trait of acting Anime hyper

Though the transfer student seems to be a bit bland in how she is the new girl from the city.

And the music just seems adorable Embarassed

This view overall is in the 1st episode, so I hope it keeps the charm I seen. And maybe adding new things especially for the 2nd season.
samuelp
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:39 pm Reply with quote
I marathoned the 1st season yesterday hoping for some healing and all I could think of was how this wasn't nearly as enjoyable as Azumanga Daioh was when I first watched that years ago.

Like... it's not that the anime made me feel bad, it was very pleasant... It's that I felt bad about myself for NOT enjoying this anime as much as I feel I should have.
Like... I'm beating myself up for not enjoying things that are enjoyable?
Watching it became this internal meta-struggle as I found myself analyzing the character archetypes instead of the characters, and the style for the adaptation of the manga, and even Renge's seiyuu's performance, all instead of actually watching the show itself. So then I stop and realize that I'm not enjoying the show because I'm not allowing myself to enjoy the show, and then that gets me down and I'm not able to enjoy the show.

Wow this is depressing me more.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:01 pm Reply with quote
Great news, definitely will be watching for sure :3

I miss Renge already.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Hikaru Suzuhara

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:55 am Reply with quote
The first season followed the manga. I expect the second will as well. Want to see if there's going to be more or less of something? Go check it out. This generally applies to the majority of anime. So if there's more Hotaru loving on Komari in the manga, well that's what we'll be getting.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2