• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Soul Eater Not! (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bolaum

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 12:43 pm Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:
Bolaum wrote:
I wonder what will happen to the one she doesn't choose.

She will choose both.

Don't make me go to Soul Eater Wikia just to find out Razz
Agent355

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:21 am Reply with quote
Funimation got me. That $20 for 6 month membership offer and the fact that they're getting the new Watanabe/Kanno anime next season...

So I'm all caught up on Soul Eater Not! and almost caught up on Ping Pong.

Did anyone else notice that Eternal Feather had a friggin' Mickey Mouse logo in her right eye while she was being mind controlled? It's a great, freaky detail just daring to get sued!

Nice to see Dr. Fraken Stein again! He trolled the girls well. spoiler[and made a very lifelike replica of EF to boot. That head looks like its up to some serious spying.]

This is basically a love triangle, and frankly, I like Meme more. Not because of her bra size Razz She's a really great, instinctual fighter, and she brings out the best in Tsugumi. Her absent mindedness bothers me just a tad less than Anya's tired, old, annoying tsundere act. I like Anya (when she's not tsundere), and I'd feel bad for her if she's not chosen. They'll probably make an exception and allow Tsugumi to choose both girls, cause, hey, Death the Kid has two partners. Or maybe Tsugumi will literally split herself in two and become a double weapon of some sort.

I don't think next ep will be spoiler[Halloween yet, because they have to stretch out this arc a bit more. Just the prep for Halloween (also, they mentioned that there'd be a cultural festival on Halloween, and I didn't see any signs of one during the preview)]

Random Question: wouldn't pouring water around actually do some cooling in Arizona, since the heat there's so dry? Tsugumi said pouring water on the ground (seems like a waste to me!) was symbolic, and I've seen it in a lot of anime, but adding moisture to the atmosphere outdoors in a desert will have more impact than in humid Tokyo, right?
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:16 am Reply with quote
Agent355 wrote:
Random Question: wouldn't pouring water around actually do some cooling in Arizona, since the heat there's so dry?

In Phoenix and Palm Springs I have been to outdoor restaurants that have sprinkler systems that spray fine mist at you. The water generally fully evaporates before it actually hits you. The action actually lowers the ambient temperature of the air by as much as 10 degrees as long as there is no wind that blows more blast furnace air in.

It seem like a waste and it is but in that weather you aren't going to turn it down. One year soon the Colorado River is going to dry up top nearly nothing and I wonder what is going to happen to that city then.

Death City is in Nevada, not Arizona.
Crusher X303

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:09 pm Reply with quote
Episode 9 has been the best for me, mainly because it had so much of my favorite character... Meme.

spoiler[ From her "Drunken" Boxing, fantastic fielding playing baseball, to her The Hangover style memory issues this episode, it was all fun. Sure nothing major really happened at all.... but it is hard for me to complain with so much Meme.]
Treeborn

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:14 am Reply with quote
Aw damn! It looks like it be going down next week! Not much this episode, though
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:20 am Reply with quote
Episode 9

I quite liked these fairly unconnected stories. The best being Meme trying to spoiler[remember what happened, with the randomness of what she woke up in and a sloth, that Eternal Feather had to deal with it, , especially the recollection of it going to] Eternal Feather.

After the episode, I am starting to think Meme's memory problems spoiler[is a plot point and it might be revealed that she is actually a sleeper agent].
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:11 am Reply with quote
Soul Eater Not has a more tone that borders on slice of life so I kinda expected this episode. Nonetheless, I think the plot will pick up a bit next time when that spoiler[witch] makes her next move at the party.

As for the latest episode, it was kinda meh imo. spoiler[That is quite a way to hit a baseball though.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Bolaum

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:51 am Reply with quote
Episode 9: It was pretty cool to see Meme's day haha. Looks like the spoiler[happy trio will end soon based on the episode 10 preview]. Things will surely get more interesting next episode.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:06 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
After the episode, I am starting to think Meme's memory problems spoiler[is a plot point and it might be revealed that she is actually a sleeper agent].

It looks pretty freaky to be living with Parkinson's.

Girls singing to their pumpkins are awfully cute.
Bolaum

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:37 pm Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:

Girls singing to their pumpkins are awfully cute.

Oh yeah, I had to punch a wall after watching them singing.
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:12 pm Reply with quote
Episode 10:

Oh wow, that spoiler[Gorgon Witch Shaula just loves ruining people's lives doesn't she...? I hope she gets taken care of soon. Meme didn't deserve that . Eternal Feather didn't' deserve it either in one of the previous episodes. What Shaula deserves is a lifetime sentence to hell or somewhere.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Agent355

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:06 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:

DuskyPredator For The Win! spoiler[How'd you figure that out? The show surprised me by making both Meme's sleep walking antics and her bad memory a plot point. Good one, show! I loved all the twists and turns this ep. Anya, Anastasia, is an actual princess. Clay and Akane are her bodyguards, and Meme has been unwittingly controlled by a witch all along. Oh, and we got to see how Sid died (he gets better). Really looking forward to next week's action packed ep with Soul & Maka making a guest appearance again!]
Crusher X303

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:33 pm Reply with quote
Ah man, why does this have to happen to my favorite character. I really hope things get better for her next episode.
Key

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:02 am Reply with quote
In fairness, Agent355, some of those points you spoiler-tagged had all but outright been said before. The only actual major surprise was that spoiler[Meme was a (literal!) sleeper agent. (Gods, I like the pun there!)]

Yeah, that was a nasty turn of events that reinvigorated an interest in the series that had been flagging some after episode 9. I look forward to (presumably) spoiler[Tsugumi buckling down and teaming up with Anya to rescue Meme] over the last two episodes as well as some main-series characters popping up next episode.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:07 am Reply with quote
I always wondered how it came about that Sid became a zombie. As I recall from the original series it made it sound like it was something he just decided to do.

That is one nasty witch. Shit just got real man. Although I kind of wonder why she let spoiler[Tsugumi get away.]

Preview: looks like we get to see Maka and Soul in action again! Maka.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9