• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Nanana's Buried Treasure (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:27 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
I wanna "bury" my "treasure" in that hot chick who runs the apartment complex.

Trust me kissing a girl with beer breath all the time gets old really fast. Once in a while OK. Chronic: no.

Which reminds me that Yama didn't go for it when Shiki-beer gave him an opening to hook up. Definitely not your out-of-control perf.
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:44 am Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:
leatherhead333 wrote:
Yttrbio wrote:
I suspect spoiler["fondling some boobs is totally worth a dislocated shoulder"] is beyond the average level of perversion.

^This. Risking a broken arm is pretty much beyond what any rational person would think to do just to cop a feel for a millisecond. It would be one thing if he refused to give up because of his pride and not wanting to lose to girl or something.....THAT would make sense for a teenage boy..........but this.........just........no.

He could have had the bewb and his shoulder by just flipping his hips over his shoulders, allowing his arm to rotate. That hold is not that hard to counter.

And the reason he could touch her is pretty clearly Nanana had to solidify her whole body in order to put a submission hold on him in the first place. His neck and ribs were against the backs of her thighs and his upper arm in her crotch. You can have sex with a lesser level of contact.

Anyway he isn't more than average perf level. He certainly notices girls but he doesn't act obnoxious to them out of habit. It was only after he was provoked that he started thinking naughty thoughts. And he was perfectly polite to the girl who was giving him the tour. Given the fact that he was willing to fight against his dad to the point of getting disowned, he clearly isn't the the type to back down easily regardless.

BTW, did that mean that Nanana won the fight?

She's pretty much a female Tobi. Can't hit her unless she's attacking since she needs to make herself tangible to do any damage. Still since she can teleport and fly I don't think it would be easy to beat her either way even if he was able to escape.

Regarding that however given her status (and what we are shown in the opening of the episode) I'm actually wondering if she was betrayed by someone in her group. Even alive i'm sure she would be a handful for anyone so I'd imagine the only person who could have taken her down would be someone who caught her off guard or something. Wouldn't surprise me.

It's only one episode so we can't tell if he was a complete perv yet but i'd still say he's above average. Yes he was acting normal most of the episode but as i've said with the fight his reasons weren't because he didn't want to lose it's because he wanted to feel some bewbs. He was posturing and acting like he was still trying to fight her but it's pretty clear what his motive was. Not that it makes sense since his hand was firmly in the middle of her chest with her legs wrapped around him. Not going to get much better than that in a fight with a super human ghost bro.

And i don't know about anyone else but doesn't this whole setup seem like wish fulfillment pandering? I mean the guy doesn't go to school for more than one day and he ALREADY has a girl who likes him. He's got a bodacious landlord that is constantly wearing scantily clad clothing and does nothing but drink beer all day ( Why aren't there any landlords like that in real life?! All the ones I've met are major dicks). And finally a super cute NEET that loves to play video games. I mean this is basically the wet dream for most men right? Wink
meiam

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:17 am Reply with quote
leatherhead333 wrote:

And i don't know about anyone else but doesn't this whole setup seem like wish fulfillment pandering? I mean the guy doesn't go to school for more than one day and he ALREADY has a girl who likes him. He's got a bodacious landlord that is constantly wearing scantily clad clothing and does nothing but drink beer all day ( Why aren't there any landlords like that in real life?! All the ones I've met are major dicks). And finally a super cute NEET that loves to play video games. I mean this is basically the wet dream for most men right? Wink

All harem are wish fulfillment, so that was something I was ready for from the beginning. I'd love it if they'd stop doing wish fulfillment and replace it by "do something on your own and reap the fruit from it" but somehow I think that'd be less popular. Laughing

I mean he met the glass wearing student president and she's already mentioning how handsome he is, next time there gonna stop talking to the main character and just turn toward the audience when they praise him.

Actually that'd be kinda awesome, a show were the main character doesn't stumble upon an harem but actively try to make it happen. Although school day was kinda like that and everyone hated the MC for it. Maybe with some contriving reason for why he's doing it a la the world god only know.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:22 am Reply with quote
that's part of the point of Seitokai no Ichizon. Ken tries his hardest to make a harem out of the student council, and it kinda works
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:31 am Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
that's part of the point of Seitokai no Ichizon. Ken tries his hardest to make a harem out of the student council, and it kinda works

Ironically.
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:40 am Reply with quote
meiam wrote:
leatherhead333 wrote:

All harem are wish fulfillment, so that was something I was ready for from the beginning. I'd love it if they'd stop doing wish fulfillment and replace it by "do something on your own and reap the fruit from it" but somehow I think that'd be less popular. Laughing

I mean he met the glass wearing student president and she's already mentioning how handsome he is, next time there gonna stop talking to the main character and just turn toward the audience when they praise him.

Actually that'd be kinda awesome, a show were the main character doesn't stumble upon an harem but actively try to make it happen. Although school day was kinda like that and everyone hated the MC for it. Maybe with some contriving reason for why he's doing it a la the world god only know.

If i recall the most recent MC who actually earned his harem was Shinichi from Outbreak Company. And oddly enough that series didn't sell very well which kind of surprises me. Do folks just despise people who work hard and praise those who just have their pot of gold handed to them these days?!?!?!?! Confused
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:44 pm Reply with quote
Gonna need another episode to make a judgment call. The problem is I just don't know what the show IS yet. It has elements of genres, but hasn't decided on which one it mainly is. The characters are decent enough and Nanana's situation adds a sense of mystery as well as that ending.
meiam

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:01 pm Reply with quote
This is turning out to be surprisingly good, definitely my surprise of the season. Although I could have done without the CG this episode.

MC is pretty interesting, fairly honest but not to a fault(haha I was checking my phone, we've all been there Razz). I kinda hope it doesn't turn into a love story between him and the ghost, would seems pretty out of place/character.

I like that the show is not being too serious for the moment, but I fear that's it's gonna try to become really serious with her murder and all, that's probably gonna destroy the series for me at that point but till then I'll enjoy it.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:24 am Reply with quote
Episode 2

Another large role with Kana Asumi, hearing a lot of her lately. Well when Tensai was involved the comedy was good, like spoiler[checking his phone], and she wasspoiler[ reported as thief when handing it in].
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:48 am Reply with quote
Episode 2:

Tensai talks quite a bit but the comedy balanced that well. Still, I am curious about all of Nanana's treasures and what her most important one is. Guess we'll find out soon so I'll stay in the show to find out.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:07 pm Reply with quote
meiam wrote:
Although I could have done without the CG this episode.

I kind of liked the CG tricked-out classroom. It reminded me of some of my favorite parts of Utena.

I also like Jūgo's fighting spirit although getting roughed up by two maids (one a spoiler[trap], one a psycho) in one episode is a bit much. If this keeps up he should learn some submission holds himself.

So what's it to Nanana if Jūgo looks at girly magazines anyway?
Agent355

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:53 pm Reply with quote
Show, I don't know what to do with you and your obnoxious, obvious self aware fanservice. It is just so damn annoying. spoiler[they do not have to have a "trap" maid. Nor do they have to show Yama groping said maid. Yama is definitely being portrayed as a pervert, with his grope at least once an episode track record, but isn't it hilarious that he groped a dick? No, no it's not]. On the other hand, I thought Tensei would be a deal breaker, but between spoiler[her being arrested for returning the gem, and the whole class laughing at her, the show's not taking her too seriously, which is a good thing.] I enjoyed the "adventure puzzle test" scene--Yama's can do attitude, combined with his physical aptitude and ability to take a fall, and Tensei's puzzle solving know how complimented each other nicely and is fun to watch. But the otaku bait fanservice brings the whole show down. The show is hanging by a thread on my queue.
dtm42

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:44 pm Reply with quote
If it wasn't for Ping Pong The Animation, noitaminA would be almost unrecognisable this season.

Nanana's Buried Treasure is alright, but it has not really made a strong case thus far for me to continue with it. There are plenty of other shows this season, many of them superior and/or more fun. So the third episode had better be impressive.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:08 am Reply with quote
I'm in the same boat as Agent355. Nanana is incredibly charming herself, and there are a handful of interesting characters (Adventure club president, Tensai), plus the main plot about Nanana Collection sounds actually entertaining, but it's hard for me to keep from rolling my eyes every time boobs jiggle on screen. Like, I get it, Juugo is a shameless perv, but do they really have to shove it in our faces at any given opportunity? It's really hard to root for him or whatever he's supposed to achieve when half of the show's airtime is dedicated to making sure we know he's into meganekko and maids. *rolls eyes to infinity*
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:13 am Reply with quote
Kind of irritating that Juugo just gets the crap beat out of him all the time. I really hope that we don’t continue down the path of him being more or less forced to take part in these hijinks.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8