• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Nanana's Buried Treasure (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:48 am Reply with quote
Episode 3

So the president of the club is actually spoiler[a backstabbing douche who turned his back on them the moment he had Unlimited power]. And lead character apparently got spoiler[beaten up by two "Police offices" over it], I say that in it really was not clear what they were.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:57 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Episode 3

So the president of the club is actually spoiler[a backstabbing douche who turned his back on them the moment he had Unlimited power]. And lead character apparently got spoiler[beaten up by two "Police offices" over it], I say that in it really was not clear what they were.

They were the people who spoiler[tried stealing the first treasure in the previous episode.]
Sunny milk

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:12 pm Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
Excuse me, but Agent's use of "we" pretty much says she was speaking for everyone.

I'm sorry I'm not some limp-wristed pansy who lets other insult them.

Well, the trap is a needless, and quite annoying character, also one they never forget to shove his ass into our face on every given opportunity.
It's obnoxious and disgusting.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:57 pm Reply with quote
I'm loathe to support Chagen46 on anything, but Sunny milk's use of the word "disgusting" to describe a trap character and the general tenor of his objection kind of makes me think he's a homophobic tool.
Sunny milk

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:28 pm Reply with quote
I didn't say that the character is disgusting.
I've said how they always shove his ass in our face and sexualize him is disgusting.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:39 pm Reply with quote
I don't recall much ass-shoving or sexualization myself. He's just some dude in a maid outfit. Yeah, you are still exuding the distinct whiff of homophobic toolage, imo.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 1:55 pm Reply with quote

spoiler[New episode started with a blast.
Power really corrupts people.
The more power they have, more cruel they get.
Stupidity and blindness come arm in arm with power as well.
Guess glasses guy learned that the hard way.
All is well that ends well..
Have a feeling all that could've been resolved the easy way.
But then some of them wouldn't have learned their lesson.
Tensai really is a great person to have on your side.
There's also more to Juugo than meets the eye.]
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 10:37 pm Reply with quote
Episode 4 left me a bit confused.

Juugo's relationship with his father is a bit more complicated than it first seemed. Did it come to light that he is not fit to be the successor not because he didn't want it but because he couldn't do things for someone else? Dad taunts him for not having a girlfriend? That isn't the usual evil dad formula. I wonder what's going on.

Is Tensai becoming Juugo's love interest instead Nanana? Personally I like her but she somehow seemed to be set up as an accessory-main character.

I'm a little disappointed that Juugo spoiler[cheated and passed off a fake treasure.] Doesn't seem like a good guy move. And it isn't like there won't be repercussions from it.

I'm still liking this.
meiam

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 11:26 pm Reply with quote
Wait, spoiler[she has an item that can tell her the future and she still got killed?! And was his plan really to just wait for the cane to run out of power, what if he wasn't an idiot and actually used it-] No, bad me bad me, no using logic to analyze the event of an anime, that's bad bad, you can't expect anime to have coherent plot!

So this is turning out to be pretty entertaining, maybe the best new anime of this season, if you can maintain the suspension of disbelief. I figured the president would spoiler[go back to just being a normal character, but I didn't think they would actually have him keep the evil persona.]

It's a bit ironic that she could have spoiler[used the gemstone to verify wether or not Juugo was telling the truth when he said that was the real deal, come to think of it why didn't she do consider it only takes- NO Bad, bad!]
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 2:39 am Reply with quote
The fight from episode 4 was okay I guess. What's more interesting was that phone conversation between spoiler[Juugo and his dad. For some reason, I think he's connected to the murder of Nanana.]

At any rate, let' see where this leads up to.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 8:37 am Reply with quote
Episode 4

What twists, the story has really changed from the sort of thing you might expect. It turns out that Juugo is spoiler[actually the heir of a strong theif family, only he could not stand it that he is supposed to do things for other, and him being their is not a coincidence as he has been working a bit with his group]. So he is spoiler[a thief instead of being normal], but they are spoiler[honourable thieves], but he spoiler[rejects the sentiment with his father actually being a good guy]. In fact part of the episode had him spoiler[berating someone for having dreams], the exact opposite of certain preaching heroes.

What is also interesting is that Tensai has sort of spoiler[figured it out based on clues including the supposed phone thing].

Also we knew the club president could not succeed as he does not have a toy rabbit.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 4:01 pm Reply with quote
meiam wrote:

It's a bit ironic that she could have spoiler[used the gemstone to verify wether or not Juugo was telling the truth when he said that was the real deal, come to think of it why didn't she do consider it only takes- NO Bad, bad!]

No I think it makes sense. spoiler[Juugo is the son of her boss, so she trusted him and didn't bother testing it to see if it was real or not.]

Anyway that was an interesting episode. A lot of unexpected things happened.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 3:09 pm Reply with quote

spoiler[It was slightly weird seeing the adventure club together.
After what happened last time I didn't expect it.
There was more fan service this time as well.
Juugo's situation seems to be getting worse.
The second half of the episode was more interesting.
Well, at least we saw some new characters this time.]
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 3:13 pm Reply with quote
Damn this trap got his priorities right.
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 4:39 pm Reply with quote
Episode 5:

Was that really a spoiler["date"? It felt awkward with Yukihime. But anyways, the episode was kinda meh to me. They did introduce more concepts on the island though with the Guild] being one of them. But at the same time, I didn't like the second half much with the weird gags going on.

I hope we see more of Nanana's treasures soon though. Also, spoiler[Tensai's hair style this episode was cute imo.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8