• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Hunter X Hunter Manga's Return Slated for June 2

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lostrune

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:31 pm Reply with quote
And in about four months we'll get another hiatus Laughing
Karlmann

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:34 pm Reply with quote
The description for the new arc makes it sound really dark, which is interesting but totally expected given the current direction of the story. I do get the feeling that magical beasts will show up in this arc since Beyond Netero and his crew are exploring uncharted territory.
flackenstien

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:12 am Reply with quote
Not caught up yet, (re-reading post-Chimera Ant election arc, rather than starting up where I left off), but I hope this whole darkness and despair thing means dark continent and Gairo/Gyro/Jairo/whatever.
Rai The Noblesse

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:58 am Reply with quote
Greed Island was crappyisch, but the Chimera Ant arc was epical so far (animé..., not spoiling it with the manga yet..)...

a clash between Chrollo Lucilfer and Meruem (if still alive) would be cool (or Hisoka and .., Hisoka would become a Meruem groupie, Very Happy following Meruem around everywhere to get a chance to clash again ...)

..., wonder if there'll be a "timeskip"... (Naruto went "darker" with Shippuden.., wouldn't mind a "HXH Shippuden", if it can keep the humor too....)

eitherway, nice to hear, that it's going to finally go on...., and simultaneously translated in English or what was that?? (do the versions of Weekly Shonen Jump lag behind 2 weeks??.. this would be a chance to really bring it out "simultaneously", something the manga industry could really use and shouldn't be that hard to accomplish with todays connected world..)
Somewhere

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:14 pm Reply with quote
My body is ready for the scribbles. And for the tears of those readers who are unfamiliar with Togashi when the next hiatus hits.

English WSJ has been simultaneous* with the Japanese side since January of 2013, I believe.

*the issue usually goes online sometime between 12 PM and 1 PM, EST on Mondays. The formal release of WSJ in Japan is typically Mondays, although in the event of public holidays on Monday, release gets pulled up to Saturday. English WSJ still publishes on Mondays in those cases.
Tylerr

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:27 pm Reply with quote
What really sucks is that its been gone so long that the anime will catch up to it, meaning its either going to have to stop or do fillers

I hope it doesnt stop, even if the fillers are terrible if it completely goes off theres always a chance it doesn't come back again.
Somewhere

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:38 pm Reply with quote
Tanteikingdomkey wrote:
I thought the reason for the constant breaks was because he has a very serious health issues and that is why the art quality went way down because he no longer has the fine motor control he once had.

It's worth pointing out that Shueisha hasn't even bothered giving the illness excuse for Togashi in a while. Maybe not after the time he's been seen selling doujinshi during one of those 'illness'-based hiatuses?
So yea, the entire notion of Togashi being on hiatus due to health is nowadays a fan-creation.

Consider that if he really had such degree of health problems, then Shueisha would've said something like the series is suspended due to health issues, or whatever it is they said for Hoshino Katsura and D.Gray-man last year.
rokon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:35 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
I'd like to point out that Togashi usually redraws his scribbles when the HxH chapters are recollected in volume releases.

I've read (and own) all the manga to date and, unfortunately, in the latest volume (32) one particular chapter is exclusively an embarrassing collection of rough sketches which made me lose a lot of respect for Togashi.

As for why I don't like the Chimera Ant arc (and after), I feel like with the plagiarism of/homage to the Cell design from Akira Toriyama for the Chimera Ant King, it really set the tone for the arc in a bad way for me. I had liked each character's story and growth with each of his personal arcs (Gon trying to finding his dad, Killua rebelling against his family, Kurapika's striving for revenge), but felt that the Chimera Ant arc just devolved into just another Dragonball Z-style fight-for-the-fate-of-the-world story. Then the stuff that came after just totally jumped the shark in my opinion with spoiler[the retcon of Killua's little sibling having an extremely convenient wish-granting power to revive the nearly dead Gon and the incredibly tedious politicking over who would take the place of chairman after Netero's death.] I read the whole series in one go just prior to it going on its latest hiatus, so I can't attribute years of waiting to my disappointment. I appreciate though that not many feel the way I do.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2