• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Adds No Game, No Life

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:22 pm Reply with quote
HeeroTX wrote:
Quote:
Also they make it clear there's no 'wincest' going on with an 11 year old girl..

I like the show and am enjoying it so far, but that's FAR from "clear". The whole relationship is (intentionally, IMO) kind of vague. And even if you want to point out that the brother exclaims that he wouldn't do that, Oreimo (just to grab the easiest example) STARTED that way and eventually went another way. I'm not saying it's obviously a "wincest" show, I'm just saying it isn't "clearly not" either.

I have read the novels and they do explain what is going on with their relationship more exactly. Without spoiling to much shiro is very unique in the way she thinks and her intelligence comes at/with a high price. She is far beyond codepent on her brother for good reason, just like he is codependent on her for a decent reason, along with also being her legal guardian.
At the rate the anime is going it will be fully explained around episode 9. and I can tell you right now this series does not do a bunny drop.
Echo_City

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:52 am Reply with quote
Tanteikingdomkey wrote:
Echo_City wrote:

Probably a title that I won't be able to watch without a dub. From what I've heard, the Japanese vocal stereotypes for moeblobs are in full force on this one. It's gotten so bad that, just from hearing the audio, we can tell what the character with which the voice is associated looks like down to the hair and eye color. Sad

you realize the lead actor for the show also was kirito from sao and sorata from sakurasou right. all three charcters don't really have any overlapping charcteristics that you can consider resonably significant in my oppinon.

Going from the other posters I am left with the impression that our male lead here isn't all that far removed from Kirito. I should have been a bit more specific in my original post as I only meant it to apply to the female characters. It still applies to the male characters but it isn't as "impressive" as there aren't as many archetypes into which male characters are pigeonholed.

On one hand, I'm not ready for another Log Horizon/SAO/.hack type show. On the other, I'm all for a show that is along the same lines as those shows but is vastly superior. Guess I won't know until I try. After all, it can't be worse, right?
Lusbox

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:30 am Reply with quote
HeeroTX wrote:
Quote:
Also they make it clear there's no 'wincest' going on with an 11 year old girl..

I like the show and am enjoying it so far, but that's FAR from "clear". The whole relationship is (intentionally, IMO) kind of vague. And even if you want to point out that the brother exclaims that he wouldn't do that, Oreimo (just to grab the easiest example) STARTED that way and eventually went another way. I'm not saying it's obviously a "wincest" show, I'm just saying it isn't "clearly not" either.

The only things I've seen so far are a young sister sitting on her brothers lap, and Shiro making a joke about her brother 'turning her down' which was just that, a joke. All I've taken from it is that we have a brother/sister who love each other and have great dependence on each other.
With no parents present I assume Sora had to take on the role of parent and brother, which would cause him to act more lovingly towards Shiro, but does a brother loving his sister automatically have incest undertones?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2