• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Why is the Wii such a horrible system?

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Video Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fedora-san

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:51 pm Reply with quote
It was? I thought it was a great system. Tons of great games for it. Animal Crossing, Arc Rise Fantasia, Captain Rainbow, Donkey Kong, Inazuma Eleven Strikers, Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2, New Super Mario Bros, All the Kirby games, Xenoblade, Last Story, Skyward Sword, Mario Kart, Super Paper Mario, No More Heroes, Resident Evil, Rhythm Heaven, Other M, Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, Brawl. It had like over 50 games I loved.

Only drawback was it being popular with casuals so you got all that shovelware movie/TV show garbage, but who cares about those games? No one takes those games seriously

I can see not liking it being less powerful or the motion controls, but it had a ton of games you can't argue with. Graphical fidelity doesn't matter to me as long as it has good aesthetics. I'll take Mario Galaxy's visuals over Gears of War's anyday.
gsilver

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:32 am Reply with quote
I bought Mario Galaxy at launch, but didn't manage to actually enjoy it until Dolphin came around, and allowed me to do things like map the spin attack to a button press.

I also ended up playing through Silent Hill: Shattered Memories on the ps2, even though the version was much inferior, just to escape the motion controls. And, yes, I tried the Wii version first.

I'm soon uncoordinated that things requiring the keyboard required me to do an almost comical move of using my legs to steady my arms, just to be able to hit those tiny keys on the screen... Seriously some of the most difficult and frustrating things I've ever encountered in gaming.

So, yeah. I hate motion controls.
Croutons

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:33 pm Reply with quote
I think the Dreamcast is so loved because it was so easy to PIRATE.
The whole "z0mg the dreamcast was the best system evar" is mainly the work of online trolls who wanted to create a meme. Well, you got your meme. I bet that meme comes from the same crew that thinks Shenmue was the most awesome game ever and wants a Shenmue 3.

Let's face it, the Wii U is incredible and has sold more than the Dreamcast. But throwing out dreamcast in a topic about how the Wii is horrible stinks of bad trolling.

TBQH, the Xbox One is horrible and without Halo the damn system WOULD be the next Dreamcast. It's all Halo guys, it's all Halo.

Perry Tanko
nhyalfhena

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:17 am Reply with quote
Endless nights of Mario Kart tournaments, chilling and battling the midnight munchies with sh*tloads of snacks. The occasional blockbuster movie in between and of course everything accompanied by the green gold Cool
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Video Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2