• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kyoto Animation's Amagi Brilliant Park Slated to Air This Fall

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Toester_Strudel

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:55 am Reply with quote
I'm kind of a sucker for KyoAni so I may end up watching this anime anyway, but I honestly hope that it turns out to be much more interesting than the summary makes it to be.
Rederoin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:56 am Reply with quote
zensunni wrote:
I look forward to this, but would rather see more seasons of FMP!

What does FMP have to do with this? FMP doesn't even belong too kyoani.
L'Imperatore

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:27 pm Reply with quote
Rederoin wrote:
zensunni wrote:

Because both Amagi Brilliant Park and FMP LNs are written by the same person. And that's all what he meant...
greensoulreaper

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:36 pm Reply with quote
zensunni wrote:

I have this feeling that they have abandoned ideas for a 3rd season.
gedata

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:21 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
No, I know nothing about the source material (not much of a pirated scanlations reader myself), but the premise does not sound appealing to me. I will give the anime a try if it is legally streamed. And I hope it is at least decent for the sake of Kyoto Animation; they need a big hit (Free! sold great, but it does not feel like a hit to me).

So sales aren't an indicator of whether or not something is a hit?
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:55 pm Reply with quote
Rederoin wrote:
zensunni wrote:

KyoAni animated two series of FMP.

Every time a new KyoAni title is announced that isn't FMP, fans are disappointed. If Kadokawa announced a new series of FMP that wasn't animated by KyoAni, fans would be disappointed.

And, yes, both are Shouji Gatou.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Rederoin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:21 am Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
Rederoin wrote:
zensunni wrote:

Every time a new KyoAni title is announced that isn't FMP, fans are disappointed. If Kadokawa announced a new series of FMP that wasn't animated by KyoAni, fans would be disappointed.

I know that, but kyoani does not have anything to do with that. Its not them who decides that stuff.

Its Kadokawa who green lights them. Even the orginal author can't force them to animate FMP.

So really, FMP is unrelated to this, and I find it rather annoying people bring it up every single damn time kyoani announced they'll animating a new series.
xXInfinite026Xx

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:48 pm Reply with quote
Rederoin wrote:
Shiroi Hane wrote:
Rederoin wrote:
zensunni wrote:

I know that, but kyoani does not have anything to do with that. Its not them who decides that stuff.

Its Kadokawa who green lights them. Even the orginal author can't force them to animate FMP.

So really, FMP is unrelated to this, and I find it rather annoying people bring it up every single damn time kyoani announced they'll animating a new series.

It's hard to say FMP is unrelated to this new anime because of all of that though.

1) Author Shouji Gatou wrote/created this series and is best known for FMP.

2) KyoAni animated the last 2 FMP series, and is animating this new series.

3) Yasuhiro Takemoto also directed those 2 FMP series, and is collaborating with Gatou once again with this project.

It's only natural that fans of FMP will make the association more so with this series because of those reasons, especially since they are still hoping/wishing that Gatou and Takemoto would collab again to give FMP closure 9 years after the last TV anime. Even ANN associates FMP with Amagi Brilliant Park with their news article because it's nearly the same staff.

So as annoying as the whining can be, this series in particular is no doubt the biggest slap in the face to FMP fans ailing for a new season. In other words, I'd say you might as well get used to hearing more complaints when talking about this anime, because i'm sure it's only just begun.
vanfanel

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:59 am Reply with quote
king 47 wrote:
I want more Hyouka.

Me too. That was an excellent series. Only KyoAni series I've seen, actually.

darkchibi07 wrote:
Uhhh, they pretty much exhausted most of the novel's material so I really doubt we'll be hearing more of that in the future.

There are five "Koten-bu" (Classical Japanese Club) books so far; the anime adapted the first four, leaving one that still hasn't been touched. According to the Japanese wiki, there are also 3 as-yet uncollected short stories, one of which was used for episode 18.

The Japanese wiki says the novel series will continue until Hotaro's graduation. This is in agreement with the afterword of the most recent book, where the author indicated he's not done with these characters yet.

So who knows? Maybe if he does a few more novels we can get a second season. Maybe...
king 47

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:37 am Reply with quote
vanfanel wrote:
king 47 wrote:
I want more Hyouka.

Me too. That was an excellent series. Only KyoAni series I've seen, actually.

darkchibi07 wrote:
Uhhh, they pretty much exhausted most of the novel's material so I really doubt we'll be hearing more of that in the future.

There are five "Koten-bu" (Classical Japanese Club) books so far; the anime adapted the first four, leaving one that still hasn't been touched. According to the Japanese wiki, there are also 3 as-yet uncollected short stories, one of which was used for episode 18.

The Japanese wiki says the novel series will continue until Hotaro's graduation. This is in agreement with the afterword of the most recent book, where the author indicated he's not done with these characters yet.

So who knows? Maybe if he does a few more novels we can get a second season. Maybe...

Hyouka was my first Kyoani show, and I've watched many others after that to get some of the same feels but none were as good. Clannad was very good, but it was way too long though.

The problem with what you just said is that by the time all of these books get published, if they ever do, many years would have passed. By then a second season would be unlikely. I hope not though.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2