• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: NIS America Licenses Cardcaptor Sakura TV Anime

Goto page Previous  

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jr240483

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 12:02 am Reply with quote
ScruffyKiwi wrote:
Vata Raven wrote:

The Nelvana was unedited...just with a US hack-job airing. And I've heard the English Animax dubs...they're not that good. They may as well do a sub-only, and put the Nelvana dub onto another release

I can assure you that the full aired 'DUB' you are talking about was edited. I have watched it and also own Madman's unedited DVD set and there are MANY edits. Let me give you a simple example.

In episode 3 Sakura goes on a date with Yukito to the aquarium where they encounter the Watery card. In the Cardcaptors version that was changed to them meeting by accident. Any such thing that hinted at relationships and especially the same sex relationship between Sakura's brother and Yukito was removed.

http://ccs.wikia.com/wiki/Sakura's_Heart-Racing_First_Date

Not to mentioned tomoyo's mom was in love with sakura's mom and hates her father because of it.

its as i said. the nevlana dubs are an abomination just like the 4kids dubs.

at least the animax dubs are by far much better , even though their medicore and unwatchable at best which have been the MO for all of animax asia dubs.

but at least it have one cause NIS could have easily go the sub only route.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 7:07 am Reply with quote
The Animax dub isn't very good, though.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 7:26 am Reply with quote
I guess I could make a nitpick on the covers because I wish NIS America chose a different font like something along Geneon used. I don't if it's just me or not, but that font makes that package look like a bootleg at first glance. Anime dazed
NJ_

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 7:56 am Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
I guess I could make a nitpick on the covers because I wish NIS America chose a different font like something along Geneon used. I don't if it's just me or not, but that font makes that package look like a bootleg at first glance. Anime dazed

Oh don't worry, it's not just you who think it does.
RokugoPeachMoon

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 8:00 am Reply with quote
TsukasaElkKite wrote:
The Animax dub isn't very good, though.

Tough. It is unreasonable for fans to demand that NISA re-dub a 70-episode series and commit to making $0 off of the release. Ultimately, for the few individuals who can't stand watching something that isn't dubbed, they have an option. If it's not good enough, watch the sub like everyone else.
GATSU

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 8:04 am Reply with quote
Rokugo: I guess if fans really wanna pony up, they can convince NISA to crowdfund a better CCS dub. Though that would likely delay the release of the set...
dtm42

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 8:46 am Reply with quote
Judging by fan reaction, it looks like NISA has hit a homerun with this announcement.
luffypirate

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 7:50 pm Reply with quote
NJ_ wrote:
darkchibi07 wrote:

Are you Hayate Kurogane? I've always wondered if she/he posted here.

and yes I think it looks bootleggy too. But still, the fact that it's coming here is all that matters. It could be released in jewel cases and folks would still buy it.
Touma

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 8:37 am Reply with quote
NJ_ wrote:
darkchibi07 wrote:

Maybe it is because I am not a collector and am looking at it from a different perspective, but that font looks good to me. The whole cover looks good. Not just acceptable or passable, but good. I would not mind having that cover as a poster.

If it had not been mentioned here I would have never, ever suspected that it might possibly be a bootleg.

But, as others have said, it is what is on the discs that is really important. I am anxiously awaiting their arrival.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 14 of 14