• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: AniFav Releases Its Ranking of Spring 2014's Most Popular Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Emerje

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 3:43 pm Reply with quote
Animegomaniac wrote:
Quote:
Visitors can vote for ("favorite") anime that they like; each vote assigns the anime a point. If the anime has aired within an hour, the vote counts for two points. If the anime is currently airing, the vote counts for three points, putting emphasis on currently trending titles.

And if there's any show that requires so little of your attention so you can vote on a website while its airing, it's DBZ Kai Buu.

You'd probably be hard pressed to find someone in Japan that doesn't watch anime while they've got their laptop. phone, or tablet handy. I know I'm usually on the computer while watching TV, I wouldn't get anything done if I wasn't doing both.

Quote:
If you think about it, it's amazing late night series rank at all.

The Japanese are night owls. Late to bed, late to rise. Haven't you ever noticed that they leave for school and work kinda late in the morning and clubs get out at sunset? They aren't like most of the world where you leave for school just after sunrise (or in the dark in the winter). They even rewrote their clocks for things like 25:00 hours instead of 01:00 to adjust for their late night lifestyles. There's definitely people awake for the late shows.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Bolaum

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 3:45 pm Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:

The Japanese are night owls. Late to bed, late to rise. Haven't you ever noticed that they leave for school and work kinda late in the morning and clubs get out at sunset? They aren't like most of the world where you leave for school just after sunrise (or in the dark in the winter). They even rewrote their clocks for things like 25:00 hours instead of 01:00 to adjust for their late night lifestyles. There's definitely people awake for the late shows.

Emerje

This is true. I play smite with a japanese guy and he told me most people are like that. I know that he rarely sleeps, we even make jokes about it Razz
L'Imperatore

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 3:54 pm Reply with quote
Rederoin wrote:
Its not like these kind of rankings are related to sales, so I don't see the point of getting disappointed or really exited over them.

This sentence reeks of "casual fans don't count. Only hardcore fans do" elitism. Rolling Eyes
j Talbain

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 4:18 pm Reply with quote
History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi OVA's put on TV at #5. Hopefully this means more OVA's to come Very Happy
Rederoin

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 4:35 pm Reply with quote
L'Imperatore wrote:
Rederoin wrote:
Its not like these kind of rankings are related to sales, so I don't see the point of getting disappointed or really exited over them.

This sentence reeks of "casual fans don't count. Only hardcore fans do" elitism. Rolling Eyes

You sound like such a nice person. I never even implied that. Do you even know what elitism is?
Kougeru wrote:
I enjoy Love Live but wow..it shouldnt be tthat high lol. depressing list

You'd be so happy once the sales numbers of the volume 1s of the spring anime come out.
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 6:12 pm Reply with quote
I'm surprised that volleyball show outrated JoJo
KH91

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 6:58 pm Reply with quote
j Talbain wrote:
History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi OVA's put on TV at #5. Hopefully this means more OVA's to come Very Happy

Or just a new season continuing after the 1st season.
L'Imperatore

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 8:46 pm Reply with quote
Rederoin wrote:
L'Imperatore wrote:
Rederoin wrote:

You sound like such a nice person. I never even implied that. Do you even know what elitism is?

I could've sworn you originally wrote a line about 'me being frustrated because this poll isn't related to the industry'... which was quite ironic, coming from a regular visitor of BD/DVD sales threads. Apparently you edited it & changed the line into a question about elitism... which I understand very well but, hey, why should I tell you? Confused

Keep relating "enjoyment" to $$$$$, and you this life veeery dull, man.
Should I be excited when I find out a number of overseas audiences love an anime like I do, to the point that said anime tops some random poll? Why not?
Wink
Rivailloli

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 10:55 am Reply with quote
Ambimunch wrote:
I'm surprised that volleyball show outrated JoJo

HQ!!>JoJo
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2