• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Voice Actress Yū Serizawa Apologizes to Fans For Wearing Ring

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 5:09 am Reply with quote
Bright_Spear wrote:
tuxedocat wrote:

What you are calling "egalitarianism" seems like entitled whining to anyone who isn't white, male, and receiving the same numbers on their paychecks.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Male–female_income_disparity_in_the_United_States

Yes, how dare I voice an opinion other then to help women and minorities. Also are you going to claim also that the the incarceration disparity between men and women is sexism to? Probably not seeing that's not in you're favor.

(you're/your)^^^ you need to work on that.

You are (you're) not getting it. No surprise there.

You can have whatever repulsive opinion you want. I'm just attempting to point out to you why people are reacting to you the way they are.
Bright_Spear

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 5:14 am Reply with quote
tuxedocat wrote:
Bright_Spear wrote:
tuxedocat wrote:

What you are calling "egalitarianism" seems like entitled whining to anyone who isn't white, male, and receiving the same numbers on their paychecks.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Male–female_income_disparity_in_the_United_States

Yes, how dare I voice an opinion other then to help women and minorities. Also are you going to claim also that the the incarceration disparity between men and women is sexism to? Probably not seeing that's not in you're favor.

(you're/your)^^^ you need to work on that.

You are (you're) not getting it. No surprise there.

You can have whatever repulsive opinion you want. I'm just attempting to point out to you why people are reacting to you the way they are.

Wow, checking spelling. Really scrapping the bottom here. You want to call me a Nazi to finish of the clichéd " I don't want to address actual points" forum arguing you've started or are you done?
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 5:14 am Reply with quote
st_owly wrote:
This says what I want to say far better than I ever could. No one is denying that there are men who are abused, but simply by being female I stand a higher chance than any man of being raped, assaulted etc.

You also have a higher chance of getting a smaller paycheck. But there is no use telling this stuff to the not-so Bright Spear. At this point, I'm only trying to keep him arguing for the unintentional comedy he is providing. Twisted Evil
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 5:18 am Reply with quote
Bright_Spear wrote:

Wow, checking spelling. Really scrapping the bottom here. You want to call me a Nazi to finish of the clichéd " I don't want to address actual points" forum arguing you've started or are you done?

Nah. You already called me a feminazi.

It would be redundant.

oh- and when dealing with bottom feeders, it is fair to be scraping the bottom.
Bright_Spear

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 5:21 am Reply with quote
tuxedocat wrote:

oh- and when dealing with bottom feeders, it is fair to be scraping the bottom.

Yeah, it saddens me you guys have flourished here.

Next time I'll remember you guys don't like the idea of actual equality for everyone.
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 5:25 am Reply with quote
Bright_Spear wrote:
And you wonder why I take issue with you and the rest. Its all comes to downplaying and excuses. How dare I take offence to the glaring hypocritical bull. Just sit back and say, its only female problems.

It's not a double standard though it's just actually different. That's what people like you don't get (or willfully ignore). It's not hypocrisy to recognize that, unlike crimes against men by women, crimes against women by men frequently relate to larger issues about the way women are perceived and treated in society. Sorry if that statement "offends" you but that's how it is. Men do face sexism in society but it is nowhere near as prevalent as with women and it has little to do with violence by women. If people refuse to "have your back" when you make this claim, it's not because they're hypocrites who don't care about sexism against men. It's because your perception of sexism against men is delusional in its grandeur.

tuxedocat wrote:
You also have a higher chance of getting a smaller paycheck. But there is no use telling this stuff to the not-so Bright Spear.

Yeah, I noticed that myself. Bright_Spear really isn't much of a name for somebody neither bright, nor particularly sharp. He should have gone with Thick_Shield since he is very good at deflecting whatever points are thrown at him.
Bright_Spear

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 5:35 am Reply with quote
ikillchicken wrote:

It's not a double standard though it's just actually different.

Oh, ok. From now on I'm going to use the ikillchicken way of determining if you're being a hypocritical ass.

"Am I doing something I abhor others doing?"
"Yes"
"Do I think Im doing it for good cause?
"yes"
"ALL IS FORGIVEN!"
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 5:40 am Reply with quote
What the hell are you even talking about? Doing it for a good cause? Doing what for a good cause? That has literally no relevance to what I just said. you're just babbling nonsense man.
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 5:43 am Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
Well, not as much as women, but men do get viciously attacked by upset fans who think they've been betrayed.

Take for example one of the most famous male cases, Mamoru Miyano. Below is a link to an article on SankakuComplex (NSFW), where Miyano's announcement that he was marrying his pregnant girlfriend was met with hostility from his female fans who thought they owned him.

http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2008/12/03/miscarry-–-fujoshi-vow-revenge-over-seiyuu’s-new-wife/

People have brought this up in this thread. but it just isn't sinking in with this guy that everyone was including the male idols in their condemnation of the idol system. Look how he didn't even respond to your post.
Bright_Spear

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 5:45 am Reply with quote
ikillchicken wrote:
What the hell are you even talking about? Doing it for a good cause? Doing what for a good cause? That has literally no relevance to what I just said. you're just babbling nonsense man.

And its you downplaying and making excuses for things you would hate if someone did to women. You can throw out all the insults you want. Doesn't change the fact you are a hypocrite.
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 5:52 am Reply with quote
Bright_Spear wrote:
ikillchicken wrote:

And its you downplaying and making excuses for things you would hate if someone did to women. You can throw out all the insults you want. Doesn't change the fact you are a hypocrite.

No, no, no. The fact that one is a simple act of violence with no particular larger issues at play while the other absolutely is not is what changes the "fact" that I'm a hypocrite. Different context and motivations mean different situations even if the act itself is the same. That I can throw all the insults at you I want is just a nice bonus. You wanker.
Bright_Spear

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 6:04 am Reply with quote
ikillchicken wrote:
Bright_Spear wrote:
ikillchicken wrote:

No, no, no. The fact that one is a simple act of violence with no particular larger issues at play while the other absolutely is not is what changes the "fact" that I'm a hypocrite. Different context and motivations mean different situations even if the act itself is the same. That I can throw insults at you is just a nice bonus, you wanker.

Oh, so it being acceptable to joke about violence against men isn't causing a larger issue. Laughing at a man who was disfigured by a women is no big deal and anyone who doesn't agree just can't take a joke. How about its making a system where men are acceptable punching bags where most if not all avenues he can take are closed off. If they speak up they are shamed or even accused of abuse toward the women. How about I don't find it acceptable because you think women have it worse.

You're not lifting anyone up. You are bringing everyone down. And in the end its all that will come. A race to the bottom.
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 6:21 am Reply with quote
Bright_Spear wrote:
You're not lifting anyone up. You are bringing everyone down. And in the end its all that will come. A race to the bottom.

Thing is, most of us realize that this thread is another inconsequential, off topic discussion in the vast randomness of the internet.

Tomorrow it will be forgotten, or deleted by the moderators.

Not much of a race to anywhere.

Anime smallmouth
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 6:30 am Reply with quote
Bright_Spear wrote:
Oh, so it being acceptable to joke about violence against men isn't causing a larger issue.

Nope. Not really. Your suggestion that there's this huge culture of woman on man violence in our society comparable to man on woman violence is simply not based in reality. Anyway though, it's getting late and I've run out of names to call you so I'm gonna go to bed. Feel free to tell me one last time that I can't handle that you want to treat people equally. But otherwise we'll call that a wrap.
Bright_Spear

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 6:39 am Reply with quote
ikillchicken wrote:
Nope. Not really. Your suggestion that there's this huge culture of woman on man violence in our society comparable to man on woman violence is simply not based in reality..

Yes, out of sight, out of mind. If you say it doesn't exist it must be so. Its not like you're excusing gand downplaying it or anything. I'll just go do my new chant then.

"Its only a female problem"

tuxedocat wrote:
Thing is, most of us realize that this thread is another inconsequential, off topic discussion in the vast randomness of the internet.

Yes, because personal attitudes on subjects just evaporate once the threads are gone.

Last edited by Bright_Spear on Mon May 05, 2014 6:44 am; edited 1 time in total
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 12 of 13