• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fate/stay night's 2nd Promo Video by ufotable Streamed

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mehh

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 8:34 am Reply with quote
epiphanis wrote:
Don't really get the need for a remake. Especially less than a decade after the first one.

The original was Shit. Hopefully this remake will actually be decent.

phoenixalia wrote:
So, if I want to get into the 'Fate' franchise, is the first anime to watch?

Providing it will actually just be a remake then yes. But afaik we don't actually know whether it'll be just a remake. MAL still displays it as a new story outside of the original work.
Even though I know it's incredibly unlikely, I'm still hoping for heaven's feel.
jl07045

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 8:44 am Reply with quote
MexicanAnime wrote:
Fate/Stay Night spoils a lot out of Fate/Zero as well. It's much easier to get into F/Z and it playing the game that happens 10 years after the events makes a bit more sense.

While Fate/Zero provides an introduction, it was written for F/SN fans, so a lot of things are meant to be spoiled. F/Z on the other hand reveasl major plot points that are supposed to be either surprises or meant to be figured out while reading F/SN.

That being said, we don't know how the new adaptation will be written. Probably with those who've already seen F/Z in mind.

On an unrelated note... what the hell is wrong with Tohsaka's nose!?
mehh

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 9:12 am Reply with quote
Miskos3 wrote:
I think you should watch Fate/Zero first, as ufotable's Stay Night has been explicitly stated to be a sequel to Zero.

I couldn't be anymore against this. No one should watch Fate/Zero before Fate/Stay Night. Yes it's a prequel, but it was not made to be watched before Fate/Stay Night, it was made as an addition to Fate/Stay Night.

Fate/Zero is so much more enjoyable when you have the foreground knowledge from fate/Stay Night. I would always recommend the game over the anime we have at the moment though - the original Fate/Stay night anime adaption was terrible.

Last edited by mehh on Thu May 08, 2014 10:28 am; edited 1 time in total
LinkSword

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 9:14 am Reply with quote
konqueror wrote:
SamTheNayru wrote:
Is Kaijura Yuki composing the music? I really hope so, but it doesn't sound like it though...

Kajiura will never be able to make a good Emiya theme. I hope she doesn't work on this one this time.

I personally take that as a big compliment for Kajiura.
gilg4mesh

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 9:30 am Reply with quote
IMHO that looks epic Shocked

Whoever handle the music, I really hope it'll be as good as the prev... For me Kawai's La Sola and Kizuna even more epic than the anime Crying or Very sad Tho I also love Kajiura... Hope found another song like Sora wa Takaku Kaze wa Utau!
konqueror

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 9:56 am Reply with quote
Miskos3 wrote:
I think you should watch Fate/Zero first, as ufotable's Stay Night has been explicitly stated to be a sequel to Zero.

Weird, that's the complete opposite of what Nasu said. Stay night is a different work, not a Zero sequel.

Zero is PREQUEL, not the main work.

LinkSword wrote:

I don't want the battle is too strong 2 playing every 5 minutes.
TheMorry

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 10:05 am Reply with quote
I thought it was going to be a sequel to Fate/Stay Night. I wished for that atleast. I;m not sure why a remake already shouldve been made for this. Rolling Eyes

Currently Im enjoying Fate zero which yesterday arrived in my mailbox Very Happy
ragz

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 10:11 am Reply with quote
For those blocked in the US by YT:

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm23507949
Toester_Strudel

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 10:43 am Reply with quote
As expected of ufotable, this is looking jaw-dropping. Makes me want to re-watch Fate/Zero. Can not wait for this to debut.
Miskos3

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 10:54 am Reply with quote
konqueror wrote:
Miskos3 wrote:

Weird, that's the complete opposite of what Nasu said. Stay night is a different work, not a Zero sequel.

Zero is PREQUEL, not the main work.

LinkSword wrote:

I don't want the battle is too strong 2 playing every 5 minutes.
I'm talking about ufotable's anime, not original novels. I believe one of the past news posts about ufotable's Stay Night claimed that it would be a sequel to Zero anime.
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 11:00 am Reply with quote
I'm pretty sure this will be the Stay Night route. I hope they stick with one route and don't try to include parts of UBW or Heaven's Feel into it. Then later they can do each route individually and properly, like the VN does it.

I guess we'll have to wait and see as I don't think they've made any detailed announcements about that yet.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 11:09 am Reply with quote
Well look nice but still dont know why they need a remake after the movie and the show both wherent that bad or maybe this time there going to break the 24ep and go to 50 Razz
myskaros

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 12:00 pm Reply with quote
firedragon54738 wrote:
Well look nice but still don't know why they need a remake after the movie and the show both wherent that bad or maybe this time there going to break the 24ep and go to 50 Razz

Honestly, anyone who thinks the DEEN show "wasn't that bad" hasn't played the VN, so they have no base of comparison. It's like saying typewriters aren't that bad only because you've never seen a word processor on a computer.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 12:28 pm Reply with quote
MCAL wrote:
epiphanis wrote:
Don't really get the need for a remake. Especially less than a decade after the first one.
Because the anime adaption was one of the worse VN adaptions out there, that's why.

Cough "umineko" Cough

I've give the prize for the second worst vn to anime adaption.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Key

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 1:04 pm Reply with quote
myskaros wrote:
firedragon54738 wrote:
Well look nice but still don't know why they need a remake after the movie and the show both wherent that bad or maybe this time there going to break the 24ep and go to 50 Razz

Honestly, anyone who thinks the DEEN show "wasn't that bad" hasn't played the VN, so they have no base of comparison. It's like saying typewriters aren't that bad only because you've never seen a word processor on a computer.

Ah, I just love VN elitism. Rolling Eyes

Let's not engage in hyperbole, people. I know ardent fans of the VN weren't terribly happy about the original adaptation, but it hardly sucked, especially if evaluated as a stand-alone piece.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4