• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Nobunagun

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 1:11 pm Reply with quote
Well I though that there was something because "I already have Asao" when she started having feelings.

And I believe that she came off kind of bisexual, that her reaction to be frenched by a girl was quite unlike what happened with another girl.
Ohoni

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 3:36 pm Reply with quote
I think there were most definitely yuri elements in play there. It may not have been "I want to marry her and adopt some babies" yuri, but it was that weird Japanese casual yuri that rises well above what would be appropriate for a pair of purely platonic friends. Friends don't blush about friends.
Wrangler

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 4:43 pm Reply with quote
I enjoyed the show, It was pretty good on action, it was some interesting twist that kept me in there. I wasn't crazy for some aspect of animation/art style, but story and character development kept me in. Agree completely, I do like they went easy on the fan service, while still keeping the show amusing.

The music will always keep me remembering the show, it my favorite part of the show "Pay Respect To the Deadman" is glorious! Twisted Evil
Eisenmann V

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 1:07 am Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
Funnily enough, Nobunagun reminds me of Pacific Rim. Both are really generic and super-dumb alien invasion stories, no question about it. But at the same time both titles are also huge fun that appeal to the inner nine-year-olds in us.

I think Asao even brought that up (in a copyright-friendly "don't mention the name" fashion).
Shippoyasha

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 12:18 am Reply with quote
Very 90's and early 2000s style action anime. I just wished it was animated better, because it looked low budget at times.

Great use of fanservice when it counted as well. All those soldiers with the photos of higschooler protag in bikini was funnier than I anticipated.
Haiyami

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 6:23 pm Reply with quote
Now I want to apologize for posting on a year old post. But I had to make this post after picking up the Funimation Dub.

The show was a nice watch. I loved the humor and the story was pleasant even though it had it's slow parts. Glad its out by Funimation now, but I had one huge problem. It was with the MC, Sio's voice actor. She was played by Shiori Mutō, who has no record of doing any voice acting or. Her acting was atrocious (horrible). I still wonder how she got the lead role with no experience. She hasn't even done a side character role. Usually seiyuu's get experience by getting a role like "Character A" or something before going on to the main role. The series kept me going because it was interesting but Shiori Muto's acting almost killed it.

Funimation's Jad Saxton's English dub is more pleasant to hear.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2