• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Square Enix Confirms Final Fantasy III PC Release

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sunny milk

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 3:00 pm Reply with quote
Maybe breaking up with the Sony (or more like Sony dumping Square) is actually a good thing for us after all.
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 3:31 pm Reply with quote
Not good for SE though, as it just will encourage them to make more mobile trash and disappointing their fans. The only thing SE that is good now is Bravely Default and most likely Bravely Second.
Jave

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 3:40 pm Reply with quote
SE can't win with ya guys can they? Laughing Make new games, ya don't want em. Make remakes and ports, ya say they have no ideas left. Make up your minds already
LinkTSwordmaster

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 5:57 pm Reply with quote
I have mixed feelings about this. I'd think that anyone who has had any desire to play FF3 by now probably already has. As big of a PS1-era Final Fantasy nut as I am, FF3 on the DS was putting me to sleep.

Ultimately, more Final Fantasy - especially on Steam - should generally be good for everyone, but I'm just a bit worried that they are using FF3 to test the waters & see how well more FF games would sell on PC, and just constantly adding remakes that have existed like ~forever~ at this point.....it might work against fans looking to see Final Fantasy X Remaster on Steam any time soon.

FF5 and 6 are the only ones I dont have a really amazing HD version of, so I'd hope we see them in the near-future.....lord knows FF4 & Afteryears will be headed for Steam next.
Shadowrun20XX

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 6:30 pm Reply with quote
They continue to go every direction but forward.

"Will you continue?, No.... but here is part three on PC."
Primus

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 7:04 pm Reply with quote
Final Fantasy III DS is bad anyways.
nhat

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 8:47 pm Reply with quote
Hoppy800 wrote:
Not good for SE though, as it just will encourage them to make more mobile trash and disappointing their fans. The only thing SE that is good now is Bravely Default and most likely Bravely Second.

How is FFIII mobile trash? Wtf
razisgosu

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 8:52 pm Reply with quote
LinkTSwordmaster wrote:
I have mixed feelings about this. I'd think that anyone who has had any desire to play FF3 by now probably already has. As big of a PS1-era Final Fantasy nut as I am, FF3 on the DS was putting me to sleep.

Ultimately, more Final Fantasy - especially on Steam - should generally be good for everyone, but I'm just a bit worried that they are using FF3 to test the waters & see how well more FF games would sell on PC, and just constantly adding remakes that have existed like ~forever~ at this point.....it might work against fans looking to see Final Fantasy X Remaster on Steam any time soon.

FF5 and 6 are the only ones I don't have a really amazing HD version of, so I'd hope we see them in the near-future.....lord knows FF4 & Afteryears will be headed for Steam next.

I'd be okay with them releasing the after years on steam. I have only played he base storyline and have been looking to play the after years.
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 10:04 pm Reply with quote
Jave wrote:
SE can't win with ya guys can they? Laughing Make new games, ya don't want em. Make remakes and ports, ya say they have no ideas left. Make up your minds already
This post dosen't make a lot of sense when the previous posts are saying that new things like Bravely Default are whats good. The post above that one is even praising the fact that they are releasing ports on other accessible platforms.

The only negative thing said about SE is thier focus on mobile stuff and not new games or ports on other platforms.

So your post kind of dosen't make sense.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
KabaKabaFruit

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 9:47 pm Reply with quote
Primus wrote:

The story wasn't great but look at it this way: It was either the game got a 3DS remake or be doomed to be the only "lost" Final Fantasy title out there. Without it, fans of the series would've had to contend with playing the Famicom version on an emulator.
Primus

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 10:11 am Reply with quote
KabaKabaFruit wrote:
Primus wrote:

The story wasn't great but look at it this way: It was either the game got a 3DS remake or be doomed to be the only "lost" Final Fantasy title out there. Without it, fans of the series would've had to contend with playing the Famicom version on an emulator.

I'd much prefer a 2D remake/port (akin to FF+II+IV's releases on PSP) over what we got. The capabilities of the Nintendo DS were quite lacking, even when the game came out.
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 10:13 am Reply with quote
I think FFIII looks pretty solid on PSP. It's no graphical marvel, but the visuals are enough to replicate a nes jrpg.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1