• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Penguindrum Voice Actor Illich Guardiola Arrested in Texas

Goto page Previous  

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KH91

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 2:51 am Reply with quote
Damn, how the hell did I miss this article? Anyway, you cant prosper with a loli.
Touma

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 8:31 am Reply with quote
TarsTarkas wrote:
@zensunni

The marriage is not the problem, it is what came before. He got married after the police started investigating him, and supposedly the girl incriminated him during interrogation, not to mention alleged texts between the two.

Correct.
The chief of the police department that arrested him said that the marriage is legal.
The marriage is not an issue.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 1:17 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
vashfanatic wrote:
So hearing that this isn't the first time he's had sex with a student, that this is part of a pattern? Not surprising at all. Welcome to real world, folks, it ain't always pretty.

Where did you hear this? Rumor and gossip? You realize that isn't at all factual and just because it agrees with whatever preconceived notions you have formed in your head does not make it factual.

Post a page or so back from someone who's worked with him. Yes, it's "gossip," I won't deny that. And yes, it fits with my "preconceived not--"*cough*, excuse me "actual life experience of seeing multiple cases like this happen."

Does that mean it's not "factual"? Nope. Just not confirmed.

Is it more probable than him being totally in love with her, with the whole running off to get married right after the cops start investigating him being a TOTAL coincidence?

Yes. And that's what's driving me nuts - people seem to assume we should act like the latter is the more likely scenario and give this guy the benefit of the doubt. And I'd like to think that was true, that the world was that nice a place. But it's not.

That might make me a bad juror for this case, but I don't care.
Polycell

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 3:18 pm Reply with quote
Personally, I think the two most likely reasons for the mother to sign off on the marriage would be either for typical shotgun wedding reasons or she decided him going to jail would be worse for her daughter than letting the relationship burn out of its own accord(or perhaps even succeed, but let's be realistic).

Which means that, unless the cops flub the evidence, the second is what he''l need to get the jury to evaluate if he's got any hope of getting off(but there are plenty of example of American courts not playing nice with the right of nullification, so he might to even be allowed to make that case).
nargun

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 1:30 am Reply with quote
Polycell wrote:
Personally

It's pretty common for child sex abusers to select as targets children with easilly-manipulated guardians, for obvious reasons. The apparent fact that the mother bought into the marriage has to be seen in light of this.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 10:35 am Reply with quote
KH91 wrote:
Damn, how the hell did I miss this article? Anyway, you can't prosper with a loli.

Apart from the fact that "loli" doesn't usually apply to 16-year-olds, it really does NOT need to be applied to real people. At all.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 22 of 22