• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Pile of Shame - 3x3 Eyes

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
doomydoomdoom

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 5:15 pm Reply with quote
Not sure why everyone's calling the OVA character designs "awful", I think they're nice.

Anyhow, 3x3 Eyes is high on my list of manga that I really want to see properly translated and "unflipped" in the West. I saw maybe the first half of the OVA a long time ago. But yeah, it's awesome.

And I LOVE Megumi Hayashibara. Maybe my favorite female seiyuu of all time.
Joe Carpenter

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 9:34 pm Reply with quote
wow, Bill Fagerbakke and Ed Asner once voiced characters in a dub for anime? my mind is blown Shocked
Pylgrim

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 8:46 am Reply with quote
prime_pm wrote:
You gotta admit, this show made some pretty damn well AMV's back in its day.

Amen to that. I was forced to fall in love with the Backstreet Boys's song "What Makes You Different, Makes you Beautiful", after seeing one of those AMVs.

I got hooked on the manga around the point when it had been scanlated up to the third-to-last volume, but at that time, the translators got real life'd and quitted the project and a new scanlation group had to basically emerge from the fanbase, but they were quite slow and disorganised. By the time I heard they had finished, so much time had passed since I had read the latest chapters that I couldn't remember what was going on, nor care enough to get up to date again.

It didn't help that it was clearly obvious that the story had ran its course by volume 25 and after that it kept going in circles, where the villain and the heroes exchanged the upper hand with increasingly absurd power-ups.

Last edited by Pylgrim on Sun May 25, 2014 7:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 12:00 pm Reply with quote
Man, this old gem. I remember watching it on Encore Action way back when and being surprisingly invested, maybe because it reminded me of a weird comic I used to read called Xombi. Still, I understand the manga had a proper ending but I never read it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3