• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation to Release Last 2 Hellsing Ultimate Volumes in Fall

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
One-Eye

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 8:32 pm Reply with quote
Halle-freaking-lujah. Fall, huh. I guess that will make it almost 2 years since the final volume release in Japan. I wish Funi had spread out the release of the first 2 sets instead of back to back. It almost made me think at the time that we might get the final volumes within a years time. I don't remember any updates like "we're working at it" for the final volumes which just made it feel like those volumes dropped into some kind of licensing black hole.

I wonder what they are going to do with the whole artbox situation or if they actually thought about it when they released it. I seem to recall that there was some confusion with their advertising ahead of their release of the first two sets. Funi themselves didn't seem to be sure if they were releasing an artbox if I recall correctly.
SouthPacific

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 8:37 pm Reply with quote
Raikuro wrote:
This is Funimation guys. They completely repackage their better sellers frequently just because they lowered the price. Of course there will be a complete set. They just gotta get through a release with just the last 2 episodes for the sake of the people that already own the first 8.

That's an interesting way to put it. I, and many others would just refer to that practise as "milking" Wink.

Probably won't be replacing my fansubs with Funi's release, i've already seen the show two times over, and it's just taken too long. I don't have any interest in buying this title anymore Confused
Raikuro

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 8:47 pm Reply with quote
SouthPacific wrote:

Probably won't be replacing my fansubs with Funi's release, i've already seen the show two times over, and it's just taken too long. I don't have any interest in buying this title anymore Confused

Then why even keep the fansubs? Hmm?
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 9:13 pm Reply with quote
Awesome. It's long overdue. Cool
Mizuki-Takashima

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 9:15 pm Reply with quote
Totally gonna have a Hellsing Ultimate marathon once these come out! Wink
HyugaHinata

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 9:41 pm Reply with quote
Epic Funimation WIN! Very Happy Anyone know which shows they'll be competing with?
Eldritcho

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 9:41 pm Reply with quote
Hell yeah! Cant wait to get this when it's out!
revolutionotaku

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 9:42 pm Reply with quote
Will it be on Toonami someday?
Raikuro

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 10:08 pm Reply with quote
revolutionotaku wrote:

Would probably need some visual edits, since they had to edit much tamer stuff like FMA and GitS...
rinmackie

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 10:11 pm Reply with quote
revolutionotaku wrote:

I wouldn't think so. It's extremely violent, but then they air Black Lagoon and Deadman Wonderland, so who knows? If they do, it will probably air very late with at least a little censorship. They should at least show it on Neon Alley, though.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 10:31 pm Reply with quote
rinmackie wrote:
FINALLY! I was starting to worry. I've even held off finishing the manga ,even though I own the entire set, because I wanted to finish the anime first. Funi gets my money again!

Same sentiment here. I read the manga up through the first few volumes, and I decided to hold off on the rest so the last bit is more of a spectacle. Between Geneon's collapse, waiting for Vol. 4-8 and waiting for these last two, it's been a test of patience.
RTL3

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 12:25 am Reply with quote
Sounds like I'm in the same boat as a lot of other people. Been holding off buying the Blu-rays until I can get it all in one fell swoop. Hoping they issue a nice complete box set!
revolutionotaku

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 12:34 am Reply with quote
rinmackie wrote:
revolutionotaku wrote:

I wouldn't think so. It's extremely violent, but then they air Black Lagoon and Deadman Wonderland, so who knows? If they do, it will probably air very late with at least a little censorship. They should at least show it on Neon Alley, though.

If it does air on Toonami, it will be in the wee hours in the morning (2:00 or 2:30 am).
Yet, the FCC still bleeps out the dialogue in "Black Lagoon".
Covnam

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 1:26 am Reply with quote
I'm glad to hear this announcement as I too have been waiting to buy any of Funi's release of Hellsing Ultimate as I already own the first 4 volumes from Geneon.
Depending on how it's release though will determine if I'll be buying this sooner rather then later.
Top Gun

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 2:49 am Reply with quote
revolutionotaku wrote:
rinmackie wrote:
revolutionotaku wrote:

If it does air on Toonami, it will be in the wee hours in the morning (2:00 or 2:30 am).
Yet, the FCC still bleeps out the dialogue in "Black Lagoon".

...you do realize that the FCC has no jurisdiction over cable TV, right?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3