• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Viz Talks International Distribution for Death Note

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Malintex Terek

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:56 pm Reply with quote
Wow, this is news to me. Not that Viz is bringing DN to Europe, but that it hasn't already. o_O
Taishi

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 9:04 pm Reply with quote
Okay apparently...ANN didn't do their research. Death Note ended months ago....This ongoing stuff is fake.
TakinawaTonfa

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 9:17 pm Reply with quote
Malintex Terek wrote:
Wow, this is news to me. Not that Viz is bringing DN to Europe, but that it hasn't already. o_O

Well, just because a series get released in America doesn't always mean that further international distribution is going to follow in a snap.

Actually, from what I've heard, the manga scene isn't quite as big in Europe as it is in North America.
SharinganEyes92

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 9:27 pm Reply with quote
Well, I too am surprised at the fact that Death Note was not in Europe already. However, it's good to see that it will be soon distributed. Death Note is one of my favorite mangas of all time, so I'm quite excited to see it becoming so much more popular and successful.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:40 pm Reply with quote
People are wanting to know, people are wanting to see, really good to see it spreading it's influence throughout the world Smile
ravager

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 1:32 am Reply with quote
This is really good news. Now for the international movie release...
Kaitou KID

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 1:41 am Reply with quote
Quote:

Actually, from what I've heard, the manga scene isn't quite as big in Europe as it is in North America.

Really depends on the country. France and Germany have huge manga industries (especially France), while here in the Netherlands it's rather slow...
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 1:48 am Reply with quote
ravager wrote:
This is really good news. Now for the international movie release...

ravager's location wrote:
Taoyuan, Taiwan

Taiwan already has both the manga and the first live-action movie licensed.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
ravager

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 2:16 am Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:

ravager's location wrote:
Taoyuan, Taiwan

Taiwan already has both the manga and the first live-action movie licensed.

Oh, yeah. I forgot to include that I meant in other Asian countries like the Philippines, Thailand, Malaysia, etc. so my friends can also experience the goodness of Death Note.
tebalith

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:30 am Reply with quote
Death Note is already out in Germany, for heaven's sake. The first volume was released last month, and it was announced a couple of months ago. Anybody tell me why this is news NOW? o_o

@Takinawa
Actually, the French manga scene could laugh at the North American manga scene. Manga have been successful in some European countries long before the USA even had one to speak of, and France is still nearly unreachable as far as variety, quality and price is concerned.
Spikemcruffy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:36 am Reply with quote
jj

Last edited by Spikemcruffy on Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:24 am Reply with quote
mUst say I was surprized to hear it is not in Europe as well. Guess I just figured it was doing so well, they would have already sent it to all the other markets. But I guess that is what they are doing now.

Does this mean the UK has not had it either? Or do they just get the same version as the US?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Chibish

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 2:06 pm Reply with quote
tebalith wrote:
Actually, the French manga scene could laugh at the North American manga scene. Manga have been successful in some European countries long before the USA even had one to speak of, and France is still nearly unreachable as far as variety, quality and price is concerned.
Word--I went on vacation to Paris, and even the country's store equivalent to America's Wal-Mart was absolutely packed with manga (not to mention tons of people flipping through them). And, naturally, all the Death Note volumes were sitting there peacefully.

Made me wish I could read French. Anime cry
Spikemcruffy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:27 pm Reply with quote
Well in the UK all Death Note Volumes are out as the same as America's imports.
I also saw the imported Death Box which I now own!
So basicly UK has got about the same if even more selection of Death Note available as america!!! Anime hyper
Sariachan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:08 am Reply with quote
Kaitou KID wrote:
Quote:

Really depends on the country. France and Germany have huge manga industries (especially France), while here in the Netherlands it's rather slow...

Italy has a huge manga industries, too. We have at least 4 big publishers: Star Comics, Planet Manga, Dynamic and Hazard (Death Note will be published by Planet Manga starting from 10/19).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2