• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Type-Moon's Carnival Phantasm Promos Streamed

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ninjapet

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:51 am Reply with quote
Finally Sion and the back alley gang are animated :'D

also the two videos are just hnnnnnnnng worthy
prime_pm

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:11 pm Reply with quote
Holy mother of my damn God! If He truly exists, He'll hopefully overlook everything I've done in my life to let me see this before I die.
Issac Sarrowtail

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:18 pm Reply with quote
pachy_boy wrote:
It's a neat idea having a crossover of the characters between Fate/Stay Night and Tsukihime--but I find it hard to believe anyone could watch these trailers, especially the group dancing at the beginning of the first one, and not find it as funny as hell.

Given what happens to Nasu-verus fans when they debate the possibility (and trust me, you don't want to spark that kind of discussion/flame) of a multi-universe crossover? Fun and silly is seriously the only way it can go without lasting damage. If this was anything serious... I only see sorrow. And a more divided fanbase.

Beni_Hime wrote:
staab99 wrote:
...So this is Type moon attempt making a Fumofuu

To me, the Tsukihime anime left a lot to be desired. Rolling Eyes But who knows? Maybe this'll open up a door to more.....? That would be exciting!

Maybe, maybe not... while I have been keeping up with Melty Blood, something odd came up with French Bread tweets. Part of me wants to see that, part of me doesn't.

kill-chan wrote:
before the 15th anniversary comes, I want Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya..... animated.

You know, odd thought... I would rather a crossover anime with Nanoha or Madoka.

Last edited by Issac Sarrowtail on Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:49 am; edited 1 time in total
v1cious

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:01 pm Reply with quote
What in the world? Not feeling it at all personally, but I can already see this being huge.
Dessa

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:24 pm Reply with quote
Issac Sarrowtail wrote:
kill-chan wrote:
before the 15th anniversary comes, I want Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya..... animated.

You know, odd thought... I would rather a crossover anime with Nanoha or Madoka.

I thought there was a Prisma Illya/Nanoha crossover in the manga?
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:43 pm Reply with quote
The only Type Moon I'm familiar with is Fate/Stay Night (and Canaan?), but I totally wanna watch this. I think the subtlety of the character changes from the other shows/VNs will be over my head, but I still wanna give it a try.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ninjapet

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:58 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
The only Type Moon I'm familiar with is Fate/Stay Night (and Canaan?), but I totally wanna watch this. I think the subtlety of the character changes from the other shows/VNs will be over my head, but I still wanna give it a try.

You can always take a look at the Take Moon manga before watching the OVA? It's split in to two parts, one for Tsukihime (vol 1) and one for F/SN (vol 2)

Though the OVA is adding in stuff for Sion and a few other characters because the manga was made before any of the other Melty Blood games came out. Along with some characters being added in from F/HA. Which I'm happy about because Bazett is finally getting animated.
jojothepunisher

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:57 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:

Tsukihime is not that big of a game in terms of system requirements and what not, you can essentially get it off anywhere. The only time consuming part would be actually playing the game. Give it a try, it will be worth your time just by itself and also for this upcoming anime.
Issac Sarrowtail

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:29 am Reply with quote
Dessa wrote:

I thought there was a Prisma Illya/Nanoha crossover in the manga?

There was... It seemed a little short.
Kicksville

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:12 am Reply with quote
Issac Sarrowtail wrote:
Given what happens to Nasu-verus fans when they debate the possibility (and trust me, you don't want to spark that kind of discussion/flame) of a multi-universe crossover? Fun ans silly is seriously the only way it can go without lasting damage. If this was anything serious... I only see sorrow. And a more divided fanbase.

Get Yasuhiro Imagawa to do it. He makes that kind of thing look easy.
Mirri

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:00 am Reply with quote
Issac Sarrowtail wrote:
Given what happens to Nasu-verus fans when they debate the possibility (and trust me, you don't want to spark that kind of discussion/flame) of a multi-universe crossover? Fun and silly is seriously the only way it can go without lasting damage. If this was anything serious... I only see sorrow. And a more divided fanbase.

1200 posts in 4 days, that's what happens.

Technically they all, except for Kara no Kyoukai (which is an alternate universe, iirc) in the same universe. All of the supplemental books seem to imply this, and there are even official power rankings (lol, TYPE-Mercury -- don't get people started on that one!)

More on topic regarding Carnival Phantasm:

I'm absolutely going to have to order this on Amazon.co.jp in the next week, when I have some cash!

EDIT:

Also, if anyone thinks that they're going to be able to understand this without having read any of the TYPE-MOON works, they're pretty... well, let's just say that they're kidding themselves.

TAKE-MOON is almost entirely inside jokes...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2