• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
ANNCast - Super Manga Pals: Dawn of Justice

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Twage

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 2:07 pm Reply with quote
Dfens wrote:
Certain Scanlations the translation scripts are dead on word for word with even the officially released content before it was licensed, so to say they are all bad is painting them all with a wide brush.

Word-for-word translations aren't translations. Google can make a word-for-word "translation".

And all scanlations, even the high-quality ones, are bad, from an ethical standpoint. They're all made and distributed without the input or permission of the author.

Quote:
Some of those groups put a lot of time, passion, and energy to make sure it's perfect even to the same degree as some of the top fan-sub groups.

They will even put up direct downloads or online readers so that you don't have to navigate and support those pirate sites.

Though I agree that aggregators are the worst, all sites that host scanlations are "pirate sites."

Quote:
As for what will get me to buy more manga that I already buy plenty of, is not on the list of the 4 options.

It's plain and simple license the dam title I want to read in the first place.

Classic self-fulfilling prophecy.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4