• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
[Error report] Consolidated errors for doc-watson42

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:17 pm Reply with quote
doc-watson42 wrote:
related anime errors

Originally posted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:32 pm

Both normaltype and sailornyanko's errors remain unfixed.

normaltype's error is [still pending]; sailornyanko's errors appear [fixed].

- animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=333989#333989

Fixed.
Be back after a kip, I keep dropping off.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:02 pm Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
doc-watson42 wrote:
The title of Yama Hime no Sane (anime #8732) should be romanized "Yama Hime no Mi" (or "Yamahime no Mi", or "Yama-hime no Mi"), per the hiragana on the top page of the first episode's Web site ("やまひめ(あけび)のみ").

Done.

Thank you. Very Happy
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:57 pm Reply with quote
doc-watson42 wrote:
Title: "Kisaku The Letch III"

It would make more sense for the title to be "Kisaku the Letch", since that is how Kitty Media spells it. (The title seems to be taken from that of the release title in the entry.)

Volume 1
Volume 2
Volume 3

(Note the covers, not the text.)

[Still pending]; link.

- animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=334174#334174
Done.

----

doc-watson42 wrote:
I believe Sci-fi Harry (#1016) is a television show, not an OAV. Allcinema entry; Japanese Wikipedia article; video releases at CD Japan for reference (they postdate the stated vintage).

[Still pending]

- animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=495877#495877
Done.

----

doc-watson42 wrote:
Regarding No Way Out (OAV) (#6995): The title "No Way Out" was from JapanAnime's announced release—which never happened. Instead, Media Blasters/Kitty Media released it as "Project Boobs" (Project Boobs at The Right Stuff International); I thus propose that the primary title be changed from No Way Out to Project Boobs.

[Still pending]

- animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=504921#504921
Done.

----

doc-watson42 wrote:
Elle (OAV) (#2122) should have that title removed and one of the alternate titles substituted, as neither of the North American, nor the Japanese release, use that title. Proof: el (エル) at Getchu.com; NuTech volume 1 and volume 2; Kitty Media's collection.

Edit: According to the Japanese Wikipedia article, "Elle" is the title of the first version of the game (1991), but not the second or the OAV.

[Still pending]

- animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=610532#610532
Since both the Japanese and Kitty covers used it, I made "él" the main title. I've hidden "Elle". "E'l" came from one of our own news articles and I don't know where it was sourced from for that. I'm tempted to believe it was supposed to be Él but I'm leaving it be for now.

----

doc-watson42 wrote:
My My Mai (#47) is composed of two episodes of two stories apiece, not four episodes (proof: episode 1 and episode 2 at allcinema). I've entered error reports for the number of episodes and the running time, but the episode titles (six of them), while accurate, also need to be rearranged into "1. A.", "1. B.", etc.

[Still pending]

I don't suppose you have the actual English titles? I can't renumber the titles so I would have to re-submit them, and I'm not about to submit "The Devil's Bride" as a translation of "デーモンの花嫁", especially since the original source was a fansub.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:01 am Reply with quote
Banzai! Banzai! Banzai! Thank you very much. Very Happy

Shiroi Hane wrote:
doc-watson42 wrote:
<snip>

- animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=610532#610532
Since both the Japanese and Kitty covers used it, I made "él" the main title. I've hidden "Elle". "E'l" came from one of our own news articles and I don't know where it was sourced from for that. I'm tempted to believe it was supposed to be Él but I'm leaving it be for now.

I believe you are correct about "E'l". In any case it was from the NuTech Digital release, e.g. here.

----

Shiroi Hane wrote:
doc-watson42 wrote:
My My Mai (#47) is composed of two episodes of two stories apiece, not four episodes (proof: episode 1 and episode 2 at allcinema). I've entered error reports for the number of episodes and the running time, but the episode titles (six of them), while accurate, also need to be rearranged into "1. A.", "1. B.", etc.

[Still pending]

I don't suppose you have the actual English titles? I can't renumber the titles so I would have to re-submit them, and I'm not about to submit "The Devil's Bride" as a translation of "デーモンの花嫁", especially since the original source was a fansub.

Since that is the case, I just went and entered them myself, in the proper format. The "fansub" titles seem to be from CPM's release, since I checked my copy (again?), and they match the official subtitles exactly (I can make and post screenshots if you like). I now just need you to hide the titles for episodes "1–4".

Edit: Link for the My My Mai report: animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=708878#708878 .
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:47 am Reply with quote
(Links NSFW.)

According to the rules for titles, Kansen Inyoku no Rensa (OAV) (#11441) should be "Kansen: Inyoku no Rensa",[1] to distinguish it from its sequel, Kansen 2 -Inzai Toshi- (OAV) (#11442); proof 1 and proof 2 ("感染" is clearly separated from "淫欲の連鎖"). Kansen 2 -Inzai Toshi-, in turn, should be "Kansen 2 - Inzai Toshi".[2]

[1] "If a title is qualified with a suffix, separate the two by a colon if the suffix is necessary to disambiguate the title, or with a dash if the suffix merely adds verbosity to the title."
[2] "You may only use ★ or ~ or other weird separators for the original (kanji) Japanese title. For titles written in alphabet, use the period and dash as outlined above."

[Fixed]

Last edited by doc-watson42 on Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:26 pm Reply with quote
doc-watson42 wrote:
(Links NSFW.)

Fixed.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:27 pm Reply with quote
I think My My Mai is all done now.
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:18 am Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
doc-watson42 wrote:
(Links NSFW.)

Fixed.

Shiroi Hane wrote:
I think My My Mai is all done now.

Yup—thank you both. Very Happy
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:05 pm Reply with quote
Another case of a pseudonym and multiple names: Hiroki Otsuka (#49981).

I entered the kanji for his name, but he originally worked under the pseudonym Pirontan (#100022; "ピロンタン": proof 1, proof 2, proof 3—see the comments on each work in the Comics section, which give the official name of the author in both kanji or katakana, and in romaji), and also used his name as rendered in katakana ("オーツカ ヒロキ": proof 1 and see above). Both of these need to be entered.

[Fixed]

Last edited by doc-watson42 on Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:35 pm; edited 5 times in total
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:24 pm Reply with quote
The titles of Desert Island Story X (OAV) (#279) and Desert Island Story XX (OAV) (#2116) should both have "The" at front—The Desert Island Story X(X). I've entered the correct titles as alternates, and just need them to be promoted. Proof 1, proof 2, and proof 3 (see the covers). The only North American release that does not have "The" in the title is the box set of the first series.

[Fixed]

Last edited by doc-watson42 on Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:38 am Reply with quote
That last one was simple enough - done.
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:37 am Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
That last one was simple enough - done.

Thank you. Very Happy

Edit: The remaining issues to be addressed ("page" = "page of this thread"):

• Page 1: Violence Jack (rearrange OAV order, clean up) ([Fixed]); Nintama Rantarou ([split); Super Deformed Double Feature (split) ([Fixed]); and Spiral (release subtitle) ([Fixed])

• Page 2: episode parts titles bug ([Fixed])

• Page 3: Galaxy Express 999 manga (split/new series) ([Fixed])

• Page 4: Lexicon (submissions & corrections); Shusaku (titles) ([Fixed]); Ikusa Otome Valkyrie (mixed up titles) ([Fixed])

• Page 5: Ogenki Clinic Adventures (titles, clean up) ([Fixed])

Last edited by doc-watson42 on Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:16 pm; edited 6 times in total
Nader
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:56 am Reply with quote
doc-watson42 wrote:
• Page 5: Ogenki Clinic Adventures (titles, clean up)

I removed the Vintage that was marked as error, you can now enter the correct one + the episode titles needs to be fixed, since you added them yourself you can fix them Wink.

- Nader
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:07 am Reply with quote
Nader wrote:
doc-watson42 wrote:
• Page 5: Ogenki Clinic Adventures (titles, clean up)

I removed the Vintage that was marked as error, you can now enter the correct one + the episode titles needs to be fixed, since you added them yourself you can fix them Wink.

It's not the episode titles that need to be fixed, but the entry's title—the original post (on page 6, not page 5 as I first wrote). Anime smile + sweatdrop
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:16 am Reply with quote
The (Japanese) cast for The Prince of Light - the Legend of Ramayana (movie) (#7792) needs substantial clean up—it contains three apparent duplicates (Barbara Goodson/Barbera Goodson as Shoorpanakha; Michael Reynolds/Mike L Reynolds as King Dasharatha; and Richard Cansino/Richard Cansino II as Lakshman), as well as seeming to be the English cast. Proof: the JMDB and allcinema entries (though they may come from the same source).

Edit: The duplicate cast entries have been fixed, but the English-language cast is still listed as "Japanese cast". Was this originally dubbed in English?

Edit 2: This was fixed within the last few months.

[Fixed]

Last edited by doc-watson42 on Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:39 am; edited 2 times in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10