• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Licenses Bayonetta: Bloody Fate Film

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rootsofjustice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:28 pm Reply with quote
If this was supposed to be some red meat to distract from the Ben-To delay, it's not a very prime cut. Now the conversation will change from "Oh no, they screwed up Ben-To" to "Oh no, they'll recast and screw up the Bayonetta dub."
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:41 pm Reply with quote
very interesting; I don't see them getting the cast from the games back. Which is a shame, especially with Bayonetta as I can't feel like anyone else could really play her.
mdo7

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:48 pm Reply with quote
Well nice pick-up Funimation!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
FlamingFirewire

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:51 pm Reply with quote
rootsofjustice wrote:
If this was supposed to be some red meat to distract from the Ben-To delay, it's not a very prime cut. Now the conversation will change from "Oh no, they screwed up Ben-To" to "Oh no, they'll recast and screw up the Bayonetta dub."

When did Ben-To get delayed until - did they say how long it's getting delayed for?
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:56 pm Reply with quote
Yeah if you don't have the original English cast for Bayonetta there's really no point. You need Bayo's va.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
IZFSLE

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:02 pm Reply with quote
FlamingFirewire wrote:
rootsofjustice wrote:

When did Ben-To get delayed until - did they say how long it's getting delayed for?

I have heard nothing of a delay, but supposedly they were streaming the censored version of the show, which Funimation claimed originally was the uncensored version. Now that it's been pointed out, Funimation might have to scrap what they've been working on with the release, and re-do it with the uncensored version that was promised. No one wants another Sankarea incident.

But, if anyone has actually confirmed a delay, please let us know how long.

EDIT: Nevermind. I did a quick search and found out there is indeed going to be a delay. It does not say how long it will be delayed by, though.

Here's a link: http://www.fandompost.com/2014/06/18/funimation-delays-ben-to-anime-dvdbd-release/
j Talbain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:11 pm Reply with quote
I bet funi will do whatever they can to get the games cast to do this. I bet it will be released a week before or the same days as Bayonetta 2.
rinkwolf10

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:16 pm Reply with quote
... I miss Gonzo in the it's prime. They are but a small shell of what they used to be. Wish they would get back on their feet and start making shows again, at least more them 1 a year.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:18 pm Reply with quote
Rinkwolf wrote:
... I miss Gonzo in the it's prime. They are but a small shell of what they used to be. Wish they would get back on their feet and start making shows again, at least more them 1 a year.

I don't, since the majority of their original projects ended up GONZO'd by the end anyway. They were probably the richest and most incompetent studio in terms of making a script that didn't blow.
Escaflowne2001

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:21 pm Reply with quote
This movie isn't based directly on the game it's based on a 2 part manga Bloody Fate from the creator of Tiger & Bunny.

They only really need to get Hellena Taylor and Yuri Lowenthal IMO to make the dub worthwhile.
rootsofjustice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:31 pm Reply with quote
FlamingFirewire wrote:
rootsofjustice wrote:

Indefinitely. It got Sankarea'd.
kevinx59

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:34 pm Reply with quote
AiddonValentine wrote:
very interesting; I don't see them getting the cast from the games back. Which is a shame, especially with Bayonetta as I can't feel like anyone else could really play her.

I dont know. Funimation has brought back previous casts before (black lagoon, ikki tousen, hellsing ultimate, even a couple of people in eureka seven ao and evangelion) so theres always a chance, though it could go either way.

Anyways this movie looks like a good action watch. And i too wish gonzo came back. They get a lot of hate but i've always enjoyed their series.(strike witches is one of my favorites, and speed grapher holds a special place in my heart) Im kinda glad they are still around doin animation.
Divineking

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:57 pm Reply with quote
I saw the movie before and enjoyed it so I'm kind of disappointed since there's pretty much no chance Funi will get back the game cast but I'm less angry about this than I expected. I'll get this if they surprise me and somehow get back the game cast but otherwise I'll pass.
FlamingFirewire

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:02 pm Reply with quote
IZFSLE wrote:
FlamingFirewire wrote:
rootsofjustice wrote:

I have heard nothing of a delay, but supposedly they were streaming the censored version of the show, which Funimation claimed originally was the uncensored version. Now that it's been pointed out, Funimation might have to scrap what they've been working on with the release, and re-do it with the uncensored version that was promised. No one wants another Sankarea incident.

But, if anyone has actually confirmed a delay, please let us know how long.

EDIT: Nevermind. I did a quick search and found out there is indeed going to be a delay. It does not say how long it will be delayed by, though.

Here's a link: http://www.fandompost.com/2014/06/18/funimation-delays-ben-to-anime-dvdbd-release/

Well, at least they found out about the "Director's Cut" version before they actually released the show. Waiting is fine as long as the final version is what fans in Japan got ages ago now... Hopefully this means they'll also add the (mediocre) picture dramas to their BD release.

Seriously though, some of these Japanese licensors are really pulling FUNi's and other NA licensors legs - they keep on giving them the TV versions for these shows where uncut, extended home video release versions exist. The uncut and extended home video versions should really be the standard for International licensing by now.

By the way, does anyone know if they finally got all those new copies of Sankarea with the uncensored video out into the wild yet?

Last edited by FlamingFirewire on Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
FlamingFirewire

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:03 pm Reply with quote
kevinx59 wrote:
AiddonValentine wrote:

I don't know. Funimation has brought back previous casts before (black lagoon, ikki tousen, hellsing ultimate, even a couple of people in eureka seven ao and evangelion) so theres always a chance, though it could go either way.

Anyways this movie looks like a good action watch. And i too wish gonzo came back. They get a lot of hate but i've always enjoyed their series.(strike witches is one of my favorites, and speed grapher holds a special place in my heart) Im kinda glad they are still around doin animation.

Surprisingly enough, the GONZO show I enjoyed the most wasn't even an action show - it was Welcome to the NHK.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2