• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: The CW to Air Live-Action Shows in Vortexx's Current Saturday Morning Slots

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ziko577

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:07 am Reply with quote
suprememoonempress wrote:
Damn , I like getting up and watching Sonic X and Dragon ball z kai . It's messed on mine and gets shown Sundays . The problem is that there's too many live action shows on kids channels and many good cartoons and anime gets canceled .

Especially, Yu-Gi-Oh! because when the new series comes out in Japan, after like 20-25 eps. of it air there, they cancel the current dubbed one and replace it with the new one. Trust me, they'll probably start showing ARC-V on Nicktoons probably in the Fall as this one's gonna disappear soon.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:16 am Reply with quote
supersqueak wrote:
I wasn't sad until I realized that the CW used to be the WB and that was where all the awesome shows used to be on was on the WB on Saturday mornings. How sad that Saturday morning cartoons are all but dead. I don't know how kids manage with the way entertainment is now a days.

Yeah it really is amazing, I couldn't really easily imagine growing up without the pretty huge lineup of cartoons and then anime we got.

Ziko577 wrote:
Damn , I like getting up and watching Sonic X and Dragon ball z kai . It's messed on mine and gets shown Sundays . The problem is that there's too many live action shows on kids channels and many good cartoons and anime gets canceled .

Especially, Yu-Gi-Oh! because when the new series comes out in Japan, after like 20-25 eps. of it air there, they cancel the current dubbed one and replace it with the new one. Trust me, they'll probably start showing ARC-V on Nicktoons probably in the Fall as this one's gonna disappear soon.

Yeah, would be surprised if it doesn't get on Nicktoons.
FrameFreeze100

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:46 pm Reply with quote
Even though the Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal dub has some edits it's still a way to introduce young viewers to anime and help keep the Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG alive in North America.

Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V will of course inherit these things eventually but it still sucks for fans that Zexal may not have it's final episodes aired (but streaming is always a possibility if it doesn't get picked up by another channel/network).

Studio(s) that dub the Yu-Gi-Oh! franchise seem to lack the resources to dub multiple series at the same time... I guess another reason why New York dubs have quickly disappeared over time (besides lack of demand from fans, and most of the good talent moving to California)

This franchise's dub has the worst luck

Yu-Gi-Oh! GX: Final season never aired

Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's: Canceled. Final episodes never aired, had a fake ending to focus on Zexal
InuKag1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:14 pm Reply with quote
FrameFreeze100 wrote:
Even though the Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal dub has some edits it's still a way to introduce young viewers to anime and help keep the Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG alive in North America.

Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V will of course inherit these things eventually but it still sucks for fans that Zexal may not have it's final episodes aired (but streaming is always a possibility if it doesn't get picked up by another channel/network).

Studio(s) that dub the Yu-Gi-Oh! franchise seem to lack the resources to dub multiple series at the same time... I guess another reason why New York dubs have quickly disappeared over time (besides lack of demand from fans, and most of the good talent moving to California)

This franchise's dub has the worst luck

Yu-Gi-Oh! GX: Final season never aired

Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's: Canceled. Final episodes never aired, had a fake ending to focus on Zexal

Yugioh 5Ds was my favorite and I was so upset when they cancelled it and I didn't get to see how it ended. I liked GX too
DavetheUsher

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:27 pm Reply with quote
Pretty sure anyone who actually cares about Yu-Gi-Oh is already watching the Japanese version. Except for little kids, but who cares what kids think.
ReNellGlover

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:59 pm Reply with quote
vgiannell5 wrote:
Dark Absol wrote:
Don't worry, there are plenty of cartoons/anime on Cartoon Network on Saturday Mornings and that show is called Pokemon. Smile

Don't forget Ben 10 Omniverse. I heard a new Scooby-Doo and Sonic cartoon are coming soon on Cartoon Network.

A. You forgot Beyblade/BeyWarriors and Tenkai Knights. B. Ben 10 isn't airing on both CN AND Boomerang right now; C. Be Cool Scooby-Doo! and Sonic Boom.
ReNellGlover

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:08 pm Reply with quote
DangerMouse wrote:
supersqueak wrote:
I wasn't sad until I realized that the CW used to be the WB and that was where all the awesome shows used to be on was on the WB on Saturday mornings. How sad that Saturday morning cartoons are all but dead. I don't know how kids manage with the way entertainment is now a days.

Yeah it really is amazing, I couldn't really easily imagine growing up without the pretty huge lineup of cartoons and then anime we got.

Ziko577 wrote:

Yeah, would be surprised if it doesn't get on Nicktoons.

It may not even AIR on Nicktoons at all, because they've been trying to get rid of Yu-Gi-Oh!/ZEXAL ever since they delayed classic Yu-Gi-Oh! from January-March 11, 2013, and they finally removed it in March 2014. I doubt it'll air on Cartoon Network, either. The official YGO website is Konami's only option.

Last edited by ReNellGlover on Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
ReNellGlover

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:12 pm Reply with quote
InuKag1 wrote:
supersqueak wrote:

So true. I miss Kids WB so much it was part of my Saturday morning ritual for so long and they ruined it. I stopped getting up to watch it a few years ago when they got rid of all the good stuff. I can remember watching it afterschool in the afternoon as a kid. (Sigh) oh well. (And Cartoon Network sucks by the way because of their reputation for cancelling good shows before they finish so they're pretty much useless)

Which is why I don't even WATCH CN OR Boomerang anymore (the latter which I no longer have, anyway). CN's only in this for the toy sales towards boys, and that's it.
InuKag1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:57 pm Reply with quote
ReNellGlover wrote:
InuKag1 wrote:
supersqueak wrote:

So true. I miss Kids WB so much it was part of my Saturday morning ritual for so long and they ruined it. I stopped getting up to watch it a few years ago when they got rid of all the good stuff. I can remember watching it afterschool in the afternoon as a kid. (Sigh) oh well. (And Cartoon Network sucks by the way because of their reputation for cancelling good shows before they finish so they're pretty much useless)

Which is why I don't even WATCH CN OR Boomerang anymore (the latter which I no longer have, anyway). CN's only in this for the toy sales towards boys, and that's it.

I've pretty much boycotted Cartoon Network after they cancelled Young Justice, and I was still reeling after what they did to Thundercats and Generator Rex, but they crossed the line with Young Justice so I don't really care what they do anymore. Who knows, with Snyder gone maybe they can get back on track cause I don't see it getting any worse
ReNellGlover

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:44 pm Reply with quote
InuKag1 wrote:
I've pretty much boycotted Cartoon Network after they cancelled Young Justice, and I was still reeling after what they did to Thundercats and Generator Rex, but they crossed the line with Young Justice so I don't really care what they do anymore. Who knows, with Snyder gone maybe they can get back on track cause I don't see it getting any worse

We've ALL experienced that problem. CN also wants dumb, simplified comedies featuring male protagonists.
InuKag1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:31 pm Reply with quote
ReNellGlover wrote:
InuKag1 wrote:

We've ALL experienced that problem. CN also wants dumb, simplified comedies featuring male protagonists.

Everytime I see my brother watching Adventure Time or Gumball I cringe. I keep tellin him its sad he'll never know what he missed out on
kevinx59

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:48 pm Reply with quote
What the f**k? No more vortex or cw morning anime? That was pretty much the only time i watch tv. Been watching them since Animaniacs and Pokemon were on. Im glad i have internet to watch stuff but with no cable theres nothing. I always enjoyed Watchin saturday morning cartoons. Its probably just me, but theres something different about watching yugioh and pokemon on morning tv.

So now what'll happen to yugioh Arc V? I heard konami was shopping it around. Now what?
kevinx59

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:49 pm Reply with quote
What the f**k? No more vortex or cw morning anime? That was pretty much the only time i watch tv. Been watching them since Animaniacs and Pokemon were on. Im glad i have internet to watch stuff but with no cable theres nothing. I always enjoyed Watchin saturday morning cartoons. Its probably just me, but theres something different about watching yugioh and pokemon on morning tv.

So now what'll happen to yugioh Arc V? I heard konami was shopping it around. Now what?
ReNellGlover

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:27 pm Reply with quote
kevinx59 wrote:

I know exactly how you feel. As for Arc-V, it COULD end up exclusively on the Yu-Gi-Oh! website, along with the rest of the ZEXAL dub. I'm 100% positive CN doesn't want it. I'm even MORE sure Nicktoons doesn't want it, either. We should've known Yu-Gi-Oh! (no matter which series) doesn't belong on ANY U.S. network when its downfall began with Yu-Gi-Oh! The Movie in 2004, and the U.S. networks (starting with Kids' WB!) started messing with it.
kevinx59

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:36 pm Reply with quote
^The yugioh website? Kinda like pokemon? It may end up subbed on hulu like the other seasons. This is just pretty depressing.

Btw sorry for the double post. I tried deleting it, but nuthin happened.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4