Forum - View topic
What does Sailor Moon mean to you?


Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
grunemohre



Joined: 16 Jun 2014
Posts: 1
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:09 pm Reply with quote
Hello,

I'm working on my entry for the contest. I would like to post an image of an outfit I wear which had been inspired by a specific Sailor Moon drawing by Naoko Takeuchi. Would it be breaking the contest copyright rules if I included the official Sailor Moon drawing as part of my collage just so people can see the connection between my outfit and the original Sailor Moon drawing?

The contest rules stated that I had to be the creator of the content I was submitting...so I wasn't sure. The outfit is my work, but since it isn't cosplay but my every day life, I wanted to make the connection to Sailor Moon very clear. Thank you!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lonelymiracle



Joined: 03 Jun 2014
Posts: 7
Location: Burbank, CA
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:42 pm Reply with quote
Hi again, I'm now working on my entry to the contest. I'd like to know if text is okay on the picture? I would like to put a bit of description for the images I include in the collage I'm making, and it will be a part of the design. I just want to know if it's okay to add words/text on the picture itself. Thank you!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
MeganDz



Joined: 17 Jun 2014
Posts: 3
Location: New York
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:18 pm Reply with quote
This contest is SO amazing! My entry has been submitted and I REALLY hope that I win!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
sailorneorune



Joined: 11 Nov 2005
Posts: 104
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:01 pm Reply with quote
I entered with my humble picture of Sailor Moon stuff that I wouldn't let my bestie put on eBay. Pardon the cluttered bookshelf. Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
joey w



Joined: 19 Jun 2014
Posts: 2
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:34 am Reply with quote
Instead of uploading my image onto a website, cold I just send a direct link to the picture on my desktop? Or wont that go through?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher & CEO


Joined: 29 Dec 2001
Posts: 9934
Location: Do not message me for support.
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:26 am Reply with quote
joey w wrote:
Instead of uploading my image onto a website, cold I just send a direct link to the picture on my desktop? Or wont that go through?


That will not work*.

(In theory it could be done, but if you had the technical skills to be able to do it, you wouldn't need to ask the question).

-t
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail My Anime My Manga
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher & CEO


Joined: 29 Dec 2001
Posts: 9934
Location: Do not message me for support.
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:27 am Reply with quote
lonelymiracle wrote:
Hi again, I'm now working on my entry to the contest. I'd like to know if text is okay on the picture? I would like to put a bit of description for the images I include in the collage I'm making, and it will be a part of the design. I just want to know if it's okay to add words/text on the picture itself. Thank you!


We don't have an explicit rule on this. If the text is part of the visual presentation of the picture, we'd probably allow it. If the text is an attempt to circumvent the 100 word rule, we probably wouldn't allow it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail My Anime My Manga
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher & CEO


Joined: 29 Dec 2001
Posts: 9934
Location: Do not message me for support.
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:28 am Reply with quote
grunemohre wrote:
Hello,

I'm working on my entry for the contest. I would like to post an image of an outfit I wear which had been inspired by a specific Sailor Moon drawing by Naoko Takeuchi. Would it be breaking the contest copyright rules if I included the official Sailor Moon drawing as part of my collage just so people can see the connection between my outfit and the original Sailor Moon drawing?

The contest rules stated that I had to be the creator of the content I was submitting...so I wasn't sure. The outfit is my work, but since it isn't cosplay but my every day life, I wanted to make the connection to Sailor Moon very clear. Thank you!


This should be fine.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail My Anime My Manga
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher & CEO


Joined: 29 Dec 2001
Posts: 9934
Location: Do not message me for support.
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:29 am Reply with quote
Sinnocent wrote:

...do I need to take that part out?

... do I need to provide proof of that or that I have rights to the pictures?


No and No.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail My Anime My Manga
MetalUpa1014



Joined: 24 Aug 2013
Posts: 283
Location: USA
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:40 am Reply with quote
Heh... I don't care about Sailor Moon, have no desire to watch it, and have no idea why I'm even commenting here...so good luck everyone!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
joey w



Joined: 19 Jun 2014
Posts: 2
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:18 am Reply with quote
How do I make a picture on Facebook public if my account is private?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lonelymiracle



Joined: 03 Jun 2014
Posts: 7
Location: Burbank, CA
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:09 pm Reply with quote
Tempest wrote:
We don't have an explicit rule on this. If the text is part of the visual presentation of the picture, we'd probably allow it. If the text is an attempt to circumvent the 100 word rule, we probably wouldn't allow it.


Thank you very much for the reply! My intention is to add brief captions to the pictures in the collage and it will be incorporated in the design. It won't be an addition/continuation of the 100 words. Best of luck to everyone who entered! Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Sailor Star Dust



Joined: 18 Aug 2010
Posts: 165
Location: US and A
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:49 pm Reply with quote
joey w wrote:
How do I make a picture on Facebook public if my account is private?


When you make a post on Facebook (written or uploading a pic), there should be a drop down menu on the lower right side with several choices (Public, Friends, Only Me, Custom). Be sure to choose "Public". Hope that help! Smile

Oh, and if I forgot to say it before, good luck to everyone else entering!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
dlready87



Joined: 19 Jun 2014
Posts: 31
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:34 pm Reply with quote
A few questions... Do you have to have an image to submit something? and How will the finalists be announced? Will it be posted on the webpage, the forum, Facebook? and how does the audience vote for their favorite? how is this going to go down?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SailorDJ



Joined: 15 Aug 2011
Posts: 162
Location: In a land far, far away
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:24 pm Reply with quote
I can use photobucket to host my image right?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
Display posts from previous:   
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group