• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What does Sailor Moon mean to you?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
publicenemy333

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:06 pm Reply with quote
Tempest wrote:
publicenemy333 wrote:
Why are tattoos not allowed? (not that I plan to submit anything tattoo related)

Unfortunately a lot of people in Japan find tattoos offensive (there's the whole gangster association that you are probably aware of), and the request was passed down that there be no tattoos. I find this unfortunate, because there are some really beautiful Sailor Moon tattoos out there, and some of them have very compelling stories behind them, but we need to respect the wishes of the licensor.

-t

I figured initially it was gang related, though I was thinking more along the Bloods and Crips line, though I guess if its a Japanese decision, its mostly cause tattoos are associated with the Yakuza. Still seems silly to me, its not like members of the Yakuza or the MS-13 walk around with Sailor Moon Tattoos Razz

Oh well, whatcha gonna do I guess, its their decision lol
gilnokoibito

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:08 pm Reply with quote
Question: Would a photo with fanart (mine of course) included as part of a collage image (with other real pictures) be accepted?
zeo1fan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:14 pm Reply with quote
publicenemy333 wrote:
Tempest wrote:
publicenemy333 wrote:
Why are tattoos not allowed? (not that I plan to submit anything tattoo related)

Unfortunately a lot of people in Japan find tattoos offensive (there's the whole gangster association that you are probably aware of), and the request was passed down that there be no tattoos. I find this unfortunate, because there are some really beautiful Sailor Moon tattoos out there, and some of them have very compelling stories behind them, but we need to respect the wishes of the licensor.

-t

I figured initially it was gang related, though I was thinking more along the Bloods and Crips line, though I guess if its a Japanese decision, its mostly cause tattoos are associated with the Yakuza. Still seems silly to me, its not like members of the Yakuza or the MS-13 walk around with Sailor Moon Tattoos Razz

Oh well, whatcha gonna do I guess, its their decision lol
You have to admit, it'd be pretty damn funny. "Get back to the Moon side of town! This is Madoka territory."
lonelymiracle

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:39 pm Reply with quote
Hi! I just want to know if collages are allowed. How about animated GIFs? And can we really submit multiple entries? Thank you! Very Happy
luffypirate

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:06 am Reply with quote
Wow very cool gotta let my friend know about this contest. He has been a lifelong fan. My interest came from the Enokido scriptwriting during Super. Love that man.
Rachel Hino

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:37 am Reply with quote
Help I was super excited to enter but submitted a photo that was 1280x1280 i tried to resubmit a new updated picture but i got rejected. Any advice I really dont want to be disqualified Anime cry
ForeverPurity

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:31 am Reply with quote
Will you be posting all the stories to be read? Regardless of becoming finalists?

If not, Please post your picture/stories to my page at

https://www.facebook.com/SMNEWS2014

I'd love to read them!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
RetroJaro

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:19 am Reply with quote
Entered. Good luck to you all.
Rubsy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:10 am Reply with quote
Does the image need to be relating to Sailor Moon or relating to our text submission?
I want to talk about how it's inspired me to study Illustration and aim to become a children's book illustrator and I thought an image relating to that would be better Anime smile
Usak0

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:15 am Reply with quote
Ahh, boy. Created an account just to say this.

Prepare for the sob stories, guys. Ultimately they're going to win, methinks. Which makes me sad lol but ah well. May the best entry win.
Moquerie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:35 pm Reply with quote
Ahh, I think my essay thing may have went over the limit. Does it stop you when you get to 100 words or did I just submit something that cuts off abruptly? o.o
kh_gal

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:34 pm Reply with quote
Good luck everyone Smile And thank you for getting me through hard times, Sailor Moon. I love how you constantly teach me new lessons on life and love!
Princessneise

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:45 am Reply with quote
Can my pikachu plushie also be cosplaying with me in the picture?
BJWanlund

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:36 am Reply with quote
I'll be real interested in reading the stories and seeing the pictures. I will not enter, but good luck to everyone that does!
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:36 am Reply with quote
gilnokoibito wrote:
Question: Would a photo with fanart (mine of course) included as part of a collage image (with other real pictures) be accepted?

Fan art, either a photo of it, or the original image itself, is acceptable (you have 1 image, not one photo).
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10