• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Ikki Tousen: Xtreme Xecutor DVD

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alien1375

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:26 am Reply with quote
Quote:
It doesn't dissemble or disguise, doesn't hide its id behind romantic justifications or hypocritical speeches about female empowerment

The irony is that this series will probably pass the Bechdel test with flying colours.... Laughing
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:10 pm Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:
Lastly, the artwork degenerated after the first season.

If they do another season I doubt I'll watch it.

I actually think that this season looks rather good compared to the past seasons, though that may be thanks to Bachou's fighting style as mentioned in the review.

Touma wrote:
Was it intentional to have trashy, violent and sleaze(y) as both + and -?
For this show they would be positives for me because that is what I expect, and want, from Ikki Tousen.
The review confirmed that this is pretty much what I expected it to be.

I have not seen Great Guardians or XX yet, but I am looking forward to both of them.
They seem like good (relatively speaking) additions to the franchise.

I don't remember much from Great Guardians but Bachou became one of my favorites in the show so XX was probably my favorite so far.

Pro-Tip Ako wrote:
The only reason I was looking forward to the dub of this show was to hear Rachel Hirschfeld ,Sara Lahti and Hunter MacKenzie Austin aka The Paper Sisters,again.

I miss that show, I really should watch it again in the coming months. Loved that franchise.
jr240483

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:44 pm Reply with quote
Touma wrote:
Was it intentional to have trashy, violent and sleaze(y) as both + and -?
For this show they would be positives for me because that is what I expect, and want, from Ikki Tousen.
The review confirmed that this is pretty much what I expected it to be.

I have not seen Great Guardians or XX yet, but I am looking forward to both of them.
They seem like good (relatively speaking) additions to the franchise.

well despite the review , both of them are decent and solid series in the ecchi / fanservice genre.

however i would agree that great guardians is kinda inferior compared to dragon destiny. not to mention that XX is more like a filler arc since it have no relation at all to its manga counterpart. regardless if you like Queens Blade,Freezing and High School DxD you will definitely enjoy XX.

Also i had figured it would have gotten a bad rep if he reviewed it considering we all know he and the former shelf life writer are the kings of anti fanservice shows like this , strike witches and QB
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2