• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Anime Expo to Host Fate/Zero & Madoka Magica Writer Gen Urobuchi

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Araki

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:10 pm Reply with quote
Juno016 wrote:
I'd think a question like that would be quite unnecessary. Micchi has plenty of development explained in the series itself. I definitely don't like where he's developing, but at least it was a smooth development that could be seen coming from long ago.

Indeed, Mitsuzane is arguably the most developed character in the show. He wasn't simply a "guy with low self-esteem", he's someone who was satisfied with the world of pretend around him until everything started crumbling. He's the only character in the show who never wanted anything to change.

spoiler[And the "guy with low self-esteem" was just a team Gaim mask he wore in an attempt to avoid his fate. Until he was forced to follow his path due to the turn of events.]
Chrno2

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:41 pm Reply with quote
Juno016 wrote:
Chrno2 wrote:
This is really cool. I gotta a question because I was watching someone give their review on Fate/Zero. If Type-Moon's Takeuchi and Nasu are responsible for creating the FSN series as well as Tsukihime and Garden of Sinners, why is Urobuchi sometimes credited as the creator of F/0? What was his connection with Type-Moon?

First and foremost, the Fate/ property is Nasu's/Type-Moon's, and Urobuchi was never involved in any of the previous works. However, Fate/Zero was written by Urobuchi. The Fate/Zero anime was based on the novels that Urobuchi wrote for Type-Moon, and Urobuchi supervised the anime on the side. Nasu's involvement extended as far as creating many of the characters and clarifying several of the plot points, but Urobuchi was the one who created the story as it is, so Nasu had little part in that.

Thanks for clearing that up. That is interesting. So Fate belongs to Type moon, but Urobuchi wrote the novels. I guess he was able to write canonical material. Maybe folks need to clear that up instead of saying that he created Fate/0. But hell, considering his popularity of the series it mentioned as being so good one would see why they'd give him all the credit.
jl07045

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:25 pm Reply with quote
Chrno2 wrote:
Juno016 wrote:
First and foremost, the Fate/ property is Nasu's/Type-Moon's, and Urobuchi was never involved in any of the previous works. However, Fate/Zero was written by Urobuchi. The Fate/Zero anime was based on the novels that Urobuchi wrote for Type-Moon, and Urobuchi supervised the anime on the side. Nasu's involvement extended as far as creating many of the characters and clarifying several of the plot points, but Urobuchi was the one who created the story as it is, so Nasu had little part in that.

Thanks for clearing that up. That is interesting. So Fate belongs to Type moon, but Urobuchi wrote the novels. I guess he was able to write canonical material. Maybe folks need to clear that up instead of saying that he created Fate/0. But hell, considering his popularity of the series it mentioned as being so good one would see why they'd give him all the credit.

The story is that Typemoon wanted a prequel to Fate/Stay Night. Since Nasu is pals with Urobuchi and his fanboy, he asked the latter to write F/Z. It's hard to say exactly how much involvement Nasu had in F/Z. The interviews had the typically polite crap like "I wrote that and later found out that's exactly how he imagined it", "Sasuga Urobuchi-sensei" etc. I think it's safe to say that the story outline is Nasu's or Nasu-approved and the details are Urobuchi's. He's the writer, but not the creator (which is Typemoon), because the world, most of the characters and the "backstory" weren't created by him.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:23 pm Reply with quote
jl07045 wrote:
Chrno2 wrote:
Juno016 wrote:

The story is that Typemoon wanted a prequel to Fate/Stay Night. Since Nasu is pals with Urobuchi and his fanboy, he asked the latter to write F/Z. It's hard to say exactly how much involvement Nasu had in F/Z. The interviews had the typically polite crap like "I wrote that and later found out that's exactly how he imagined it", "Sasuga Urobuchi-sensei" etc. I think it's safe to say that the story outline is Nasu's or Nasu-approved and the details are Urobuchi's. He's the writer, but not the creator (which is Typemoon), because the world, most of the characters and the "backstory" weren't created by him.

I gotcha. Makes sense. But it does seem funny that Nasu would want Urobuchi to write a prequel for something he created. I guess the has that much faith in him. And with approval all went well. In a way this was somewhat confusing for some reason. Mainly for me because I know Type-moon were the creators, but with Urobuchi's popularity now on PMMM and later F/0, and hearing some say he was the creator I had to do a double take. But glad to know that I got that cleared up. Surprised Surprised
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2