• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Accel World Interviews Part II - Masakazu Obara

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ali07

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:06 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Wayne: Do you believe there is any technology in Accel World that may eventually come to the real world?

Masakazu Obara: Even if it were to be technologically realised, it would appear to me that technology that could directly interact with your nervous system and generate imagery depicting virtual harm being done to yourself would take a fair amount of courage to continue using. But when I consider it, in the year 2014 humans are already cooking their eyes staring at LCD screens, frying their brains with EM waves from mobile phones and getting stuck in the mud of relations with people they don't even know on social media, and I don't think they will stop. So I would think that technology like the Neuro Linker would be a sufficient for that sort of addiction as well.

Yes, we're all gluttons for punishment! Twisted Evil

Reading these interviews has me thinking that...I really should get the books! Laughing
NeweDat

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:39 pm Reply with quote
Pretty disappointed that there was no mention on whether or not there would be a season 2 of the anime. There's enough souce material for another 3 seasons.
Ali07

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:37 pm Reply with quote
I hope for more. But if the source material didn't get enough of a sales boost, along with decent DVD/BD sales of the anime, we may not see anymore.

Personally, have no idea how well this anime did and if it led to a big bump in sales for the LNs.
NeweDat

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:19 pm Reply with quote
I would assume that it had some positive affect. I bought the entire LN series even though I can't read kanji. Also, the release of the dub version in the west surely increased the fan base. I have no numbers to back up these assumptions, just hope. Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1