• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
ANNCast - Sunny FUNi

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ParkerALx

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:09 pm Reply with quote
The Season Blu rays are terrible and Funimation should be ashamed of them. That's all I've got to say on the matter.
The11Doctor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:22 pm Reply with quote
BringBackUzume wrote:
FrameFreeze100 wrote:
A few fans have theorized it's because Char left (she actually cared about her job as Brand Manager and did it well). .

Y U gotta mention Char? I'm gonna cry now. I miss her so much. She was one of the best Brand Managers Funimation had and Viz just HAD to take her away.
Viz did nothing, Charlene choose for herself to leave Funi. And Besides Charlene is too good for Funi!
PCDOS

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:53 pm Reply with quote
I pre-ordered that Psycho Pass box, its really nice. (Didn't get one of the defective boxes though, was a little dissapointed cause I'm weird). I really like it, hope that FUNI does more releases like that in the future.

Depending on how nice FUNI's box for Cowboy Bebop is, I may upgrade my Bandai DVDs of it. Still waiting for some of those Bandai rescue titles too. Need to actually pick up Outlaw Star and Code Geass R2
EyeOfPain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:02 pm Reply with quote
PCDOS wrote:
Still waiting for some of those Bandai rescue titles too. Need to actually pick up Outlaw Star and Code Geass R2

About a month or so back, Crunchyroll had all of the R2 singles for sale at $20 total. I am not disappointed with the purchase.
PCDOS

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:05 pm Reply with quote
EyeOfPain wrote:

About a month or so back, Crunchyroll had all of the R2 singles for sale at $20 total. I am not disappointed with the purchase.

I think I missed that, but I've had issues with getting stuff from CR shipped to Canada before.
noblesse oblige

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:29 pm Reply with quote
PCDOS wrote:

Depending on how nice FUNI's box for Cowboy Bebop is, I may upgrade my Bandai DVDs of it. Still waiting for some of those Bandai rescue titles too. Need to actually pick up Outlaw Star and Code Geass R2

I was happy to hear that they are working on producing the best possible release rather than rush it. I'm particularly excited for the Cowboy Bebop, Code Geass, and Escaflowne releases!
JEFFMAN219

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:34 pm Reply with quote
When is funimation gonna dub the buu saga of kai?
Barbobot

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:26 pm Reply with quote
JEFFMAN219 wrote:

Your gonna have to give it some time as the Buu saga of Kai has only aired about 7 or 8 episodes in japan so far.
ResistNormal

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:09 pm Reply with quote
The enlightenment of making decisions based the ignorance of fans. The scary thing is the majority of them believe funimation actually animated dragonball themselves.

Here's a tip instruct these fans how to use the zoom feature on there TV's instead of cropping the picture.

The new sets Sales had nothing to do with doubling the episode count and reducing the price. Nope it was the lower quality video that sold them over the less episode higher price point superior video quality level set.

Last edited by ResistNormal on Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
NJ_

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:47 pm Reply with quote
Barbobot wrote:
JEFFMAN219 wrote:

Your gonna have to give it some time as the Buu saga of Kai has only aired about 7 or 8 episodes in japan so far.

Yeah and apparently Japan is airing a different version of Kai from what everyone else has.

Source: http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=794842#p794842
ActionJacksin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:51 pm Reply with quote
Funimation, all I'm gonna say is that the current crop blu-rays are not in any shape or form "frame-by-frame" remastered, nor are they cleaner (especially compared to sharp Level sets), as they look like over saturated and contrast boosted vector drawings. Really, it's clearly coming from an automated process, just the orange bricks were, pan and scan included.

Oh, and while I am certainly not a professional in any sense of the word... guys c'mon; how do you, a company who's been in the licensing business for some two decades, misappropriate the production company of a show that you're closely associated with? Sunrise is no way affiliated with Dandy. It's Bones all the way.

But on a lighter note, good luck with the Battle of Gods release. Here's hoping it's the extended release. I will say that Kamehameha in the dub trailer looked promising.
nightjuan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:28 am Reply with quote
ActionJacksin wrote:

Oh, and while I am certainly not a professional in any sense of the word... guys c'mon; how do you, a company who's been in the licensing business for some two decades, misappropriate the production company of a show that you're closely associated with? Sunrise is no way affiliated with Dandy. It's Bones all the way.

I would assume they might have been thinking of Bandai Visual, which is in fact involved with Space Dandy. Of course, Bones is the animation studio, not Sunrise, but I can see them having to talk with Bandai for a lot of the things involved in this "experiment" as they put it.

Last edited by nightjuan on Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:28 am; edited 1 time in total
PCDOS

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:28 am Reply with quote
noblesse oblige wrote:

I was happy to hear that they are working on producing the best possible release rather than rush it. I'm particularly excited for the Cowboy Bebop, Code Geass, and Escaflowne releases!

Me too, I'd much rather wait for a good release than have a rushed one. Escaflowne is another show I really need to pick up, I remember watching as a kid on TV.
danilo07

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:43 am Reply with quote
nightjuan wrote:
ActionJacksin wrote:

I would assume they might have been thinking of Bandai Visual, which is in fact involved with Space Dandy. Of course, Bones is the animation studio, not Sunrise, but I can see them having to talk with Bandai for a lot of the things involved in this "experiment" as they put it.

That is most likely right , from what I have heard Bandai Visual is really "experimental" with their shows.I think Kuroko's Basketball aired on Korean television one day after usual appearance on Japanese television.
invalidname
Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:55 am Reply with quote
Vapors wrote:
A little bummed to hear no big updates on any of the Sunrise rescues from last year. On the other hand, that's not all bad since I'll be spending plenty this summer with a slew of classic rereleases. (And I hope they do right with not only Cowboy Bebop but Escaflowne too)

Sounds like the earliest we could expect anything will be late 2014.

Has Sentai done anything with the Sunrise license rescues they picked up at the same time? I don't think I've heard anything about those since AX 2013 either…
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4